VN Ren'Py Not relevant.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I am considering the sale of my project, a visual novel game developed using Renpy and Daz Studio. The game is currently bringing in about $400 on Patreon.com and Subscribestar.adult. However, before the payment options in my country became unavailable, the project was bringing in about $1000 per month.
I don't say that you are lying, but must be the first time a subscribestar account earn three times more than a Patreon one. Because once, and just for a tenth days. Since your average pledge on Patreon is US$ 3.5, and you only have 47 patrons (the best you ever had), this make an estimated earning of US$ 165/month.
Plus, your most on Patreon, at least before you decide to hide your income, was US$ 287, and it was in May 2022, so right before the issue you talk about. Therefore you never goes above this amount, what mean that at this time you were making more than US$ 700 on subscribestar.
Of course it's not impossible, but like you currently only have , either you lost a lot of support, what don't match the evolution on Patreon, or they were really generous, giving an average around US$ 30 each. US$ 20 if you lost a third of your patrons on subscribestar during the last year ; but such loss would goes against your claim regarding the future of the project.

Yeah, in fact I'll say it, you are lying.

I am prepared to consider the sale of the entire project, including Patreon, Subscribestar,
You promise things, but are they even possible ?
To my knowledge, Lexi's team never achieved to get back the Patreon account, despite Chatterbox's wife being, well his wife and all. She just achieved to have it disabled (and I hope get the money) when she proved who she is and that her husband is dead. So, the possibility to sell a Patreon account, and the legality of this sale, I really doubt.
What mean that you would just sell the project, up to the buyer to build back the patrons base. What also mean that you are lying again when you say that it would be an immediate income.

I intentionally do not publish the name of the project here.
You know that there's a search option on the forum, and that there's also your activity history, right ?

Your game is Prison Life. Good reviews, but not really a good feeling when reading the thread. The arguments saying that you are not really good when it come to story writing, and that the game became a mess because of this, are relatively convincing and, more than the bank issue, would explain why you are selling the project.