VN - Ren'Py - Nothing Is Forever [v0.7.0] [MrSilverLust]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Moguler

This game is fantastic. Probably the best femdom focused game ever made. Excellent and well written story. A lot of paths and fetishes to chose. You can chose femdom, maledom or vanilla. Renders are very good.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Lupiscanis

I feel I'm almost being a little harsh but my personal opinion is that this just isn't worth anyone's time.

I found the concept of articulating your character through choices of personality interesting but it just doesn't seem to go anywhere. There are quite a few choices in the game that are dependant on your 'skill choices' and they seem to matter, but I just found myself trawling through endless reams of text without ever actually getting any kind of payoff.

Perhaps I found the one path where your character ends up a sexless boring individual (#tooreal), but this game was utterly boring.

I gave it two stars because there's clearly a lot of effort put in and it the models are very cute, but holy shit, that was a fucking tedious waste of my life I won't get back.

*edit* - Also just remembered, the one downside to the skills thing is that you have to pick a certain amount of choices to get to the later ones, which can lead to some odd combinations arising (in my opinion).
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Jonte555

Story 9/10 deals with many themes but is never
    Directionless

Art 9/10 great art according to me ,does the
    Job it has

Choices 10/10: many branching paths,many
    Kinks

Content 10/10 has a lot of content as chapter 7
    So yeah 8hrs per path

Kinks 10/10 : many kinks like maledom,femdom,
    Hatefuck,voyuerism all optional by choice

Not gonna win any game of year awards but
    Damn good game
  4. 2.00 star(s)

eijaxx

Boring. There are too many paths, which (eventually) lead to the loss of the essence. An entry-level visual novel, with many scenes that make you waste time... without a well-defined goal in the end.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

rinfei

Excellent, high-effort game. The dev has done a lot of work withing the Ren'Py library and I don't recall encountering any bugs during my playthrough, apart from some missing artwork in the current non-final chapter. The writing is confident and mature, was written by a fluent English speaker, and even the latest non-final patch has fairly minimal typos.

This game offers a wide variety of kinks. Progression is made by prioritizing 4 core attributes and using those points in a skill tree-like structure, which is a bit shallow but is refreshing nonetheless. The cast covers diverse archetypes (although I do wish that the role of evil bitch had gone to one of the five white women rather than the only Asian LI), most of whom are fairly three dimensional. Chances are that you'll really enjoy whichever core partner you end up selecting on your first play-through. As a Jen-stan, I really enjoy my kinky Queen's Gambit experience -- complete with chess commentary!

The plot is not one in which our MC suddenly gains super powers, a demon appears, or other strange "I'm not sure what to do now to keep things interesting" maneuvers. You're not trying to save the world, take over a company, etc. The stakes are personal, and I believe that the experience shines for it.

This game has quite a few songs, and, surprisingly, I find none of them annoying. I do wish that the karaoke songs had been more obvious and fitting, however.

The gripes: So far, I've been surprised by the lack of importance of the MC's ex except as a stage-setting device. The intro and first chapter led me to believe that she would play a larger role as she seemed to be a cipher for the MC's brokenness. I'm guessing that the author started wishing to do so, but found that the jack o' lantern face was more interesting/easier to render, but I think the original idea had more valence. Also, I appreciate the UI work that went into this game, but I do wish that the autoplay had some sort of indicator for when it was toggled on and off.

This game has minimal animations, and I find that a lot of the sexual animations lack a bit of oomph. The stills are very nice, though. Non-sexual animations were more common in the early chapters but they are less prominent entering the mid-chapters, likely due to resource-intensivity.

Overall this game is excellent and very polished. I would recommend that nearly anyone try it.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Remembrance

Review for: v0.7.0

Story: Despite finding the game from a story-first games list recommendation, the story isn't it's strong point.
    Atleast not in the traditional sense.
    There's no overarching plot, no consistent connection between scene progression. It's more like a Friends season with a loose plot rather than a movie with a compact plot.
    It's not a negative though, but a choice in the games design. And boy does it work.
    By giving up on these, it better showcases each scene, giving them more impact.
    It feels like glimpses into the MC's life, showcasing the important parts while life goes on in the background.
    It's a format that works very well for this game & you don't even feel the lack of a compact plot progression. Instead you can better enjoy the moments, for those moments are not swept up in being a part of a greater whole, atleast not right away.

Originality: It's not really original, but not exactly a copy of any other game either.
    I guess this is as original as you can expect, with so many games nowadays. Definitely better quality than most.

Renders: They are okay renders, nothing that wows me, but nothing to complain about either.
    Except that filter that does weird stuff sometimes. Like making it look like a characters head is detached from their body :censored:
    The arrangement of the graphics is pretty well done tho, not your normal 1 full-screen render only, but a lot of different styles.
    Works pretty well(y)

Sound: Has some nice tracks & sounds. Definitely above average on this point.

Routes: Routes are mostly content routes that lets you choose between dom, sub, vanilla etc.
    Only one route looks like "exclusive to a girl" route, and even then it just lets you choose between Loyal & cheating kinks. Loyal path ofc you lose scenes with other girls, while cheating actually adds cheating content
    In short the game manages to somewhat hit the sweet spot of the choices being impactful without being restrictive, allowing you to play how you want instead of being forced to give up on certain girls/scenes.

Kinks: This the reason you play this game. Despite not having kink or fetish in the game's title, this is the king of using kinks in a game.
    There's a wide variety of them, but I've only played my paths on the dom side so I can only talk about those, but those were God. Damn .Perfect.
    Especially talking about rarely seen kinks like female orgasm control/denial, dominant ntr (netori/bull), cheating (actually used properly as a kink/fetish) etc. this game seems to have an understanding of kinks better than any other game & knows how to implement them to the max effect.

This doesn't mean romance is absent ofc.
    But the way to get the best out of this game is to take part in the various kinks it offers, from dom to sub to neutral kinks (like exhibitionism).
    You won't regret it (ofc don't choose stuff you're not into :LOL:)

A great game that manages to achieve perfection in one aspect: 5 stars totally deserved.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

faptainsmutlord

A solid, 5/5 game for me, one of the best on this site.

The good stuff:

- Well-written story that keeps you engaged and interested for the most part (even if it does tend to get a little draggy once in a while).

- Well fleshed out kinks and fetishes system. Essentially you choose conversation options that forms the basis for the player character's personality and this in turn gives you points in four main categories. The unlocked subcategories determine whether you can initiate a sex scene with a particular kink, where relevant.
    While this system as a whole is not necessary to the plot of the game and can hinder the experience of someone who just wants to see all the scenes and have a quick wank, I think it does a good job of coaxing the player into actually sticking to their established character's tendencies - which in turn provides a more immersive experience. Hence this is a plus in my book, overall.

- Amazing characters that are all unique in their own ways and actually have distinct personalities without just being mannequins for the player to fuck. Deb is a dominant woman with marriage problems and a sweet husband that I personally liked as a character. Emma is a conflicted feminist coming to terms with her own fetish for being degraded. Kim is a raging bitch that I despise to the core, and you couldn't pay me enough money to even try and romance holy shit words are not enough to describe the amount of hatred I have for this shameless unrepentant bitch even if I'm going off on a tangent right now. All the characters are realistic in their motivations and feel well-crafted, even the ones I don't particularly care for.

- The ratio of story to sex scenes feels perfect for me, and this is possibly very subjective. Many games try and fail to handle this delicate balance, ending up with too much story that drags on and tires the player out; or the sex scenes are too far and few in between, with too little frames such that they don't feel rewarding enough for having to slog through all the prior text. Sometimes it's a combination of both. This game, however, has a healthy balance of both in my opinion that I don't mind reading through the dialogue and text because I know the scenes that follow will be worth it, and all the more enhanced by my understanding of the story/characters.

Points for improvement:

- If there was one thing I'd say felt missing, it'd be the presence of some kind of conflict, climax and resolution. Most stories with multiple paths like this require some kind of overarching conflict or problem, with one or a handful of points where the scenes converge before resolving and ending in a proper conclusion with all loose ends tied. This can be seen in games like "Freeloading Family", "Acting Lessons" etc. This game's plot however, doesn't seem to be heading in that kind of direction anytime soon, so each girl's relevant plot still seems separate and unrelated to the game as a whole. Yeah, I love romancing Emma, but it doesn't seem to bring me closer to the conclusion in any kind of way, and each path seems to diverge further with each update. Maybe the game is still early into its lifespan and it isn't yet time for the story to start working towards its conclusion. Or maybe this isn't something the dev has considered - in which case I hope the suggestion has been helpful. Only time will tell.

TL;DR: As a whole, it's an enjoyable experience that I would definitely giving a try, because there's a little something for everyone even if you may not end up liking all the romanceable characters.

Also:-
    Emma is love,
    Emma is life,
    She's a bit of a brat,
    But still best wife
  8. 5.00 star(s)

yamamoto0413

To be honest, the renders almost made me put the game into the trash immediately after downloading. Glad I stuck through though. The writing is very good. A lot of things feel pretty natural, there are some fun gimmicks to the game that make it entertaining, and I LOVE the development of the horny scenes. Lots of options, and I look forward to more of this game in the future.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

RedAdeptRogue

This is a spoiler-free review.

As you can probably tell from the other reviews, if you're looking for a quick fap, then this is not the game for you. The animations are quite minimal—from what I've experienced so far—and the sex scenes themselves aren't as stimulating as other games like Being a Dik (animated) or Our Red String/GGGB (static images) for that matter.

However, this gem has the most authentic and clever route/kink system out of the majority of games I've played on here. It's actually fun and impactful to choose how the MC develops. The internal banter between the different sides of the MC creates a conflict within you that very closely resembles what one might feel in reality. I also feel like this game has better defined which kinks are or aren't for me based on which choices I opted for in my main playthrough, which I certainly wasn't expecting. Even the options I passed on have intrigued me enough to want to do another run just to see the different reactions and scenes.

The story of this game is by far my number one favorite. I'm a sucker for psychology, and the way MrSilverLust incorporates that in a believable and seamless fashion makes this worthy of the praise it gets. With other games, I eventually get bored and start skipping unseen text just to get to the juicy bits, but this is the one that has broken that trend for me. As I mentioned before, the lewd scenes are secondary to the story, but the writing carries this game to heights I didn't expect. I'll even consider this to be the best written game on here, a title I previously reserved for Eva Kiss's games. Every character feels unique and presents their own challenges. As of version v0.7.0, the writing has remained consistent throughout each chapter, which is a huge win in my book. I've never developed a game before, but I can only imagine how difficult it is to remain true to your initial vision.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

BayJay47

I can't believe I've missed this one.

It's definitely a slow burn. If you aren't wanting to read a bunch of text developing characters then it is 100% NOT for you. The animations are sub-par although the graphics are good. The models are excellent. The writing, however is the real star of the show, and the game design is quite good thus far.

Overall I recommend this to anyone who appreciates slow burns, character development, and realistic interactions. You will not collect women without consequences, but equally those women you do connect with come to life in your mind in surprising ways.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

mrloverlover

Deep game. I like it. Not tat often one finds a gem in this page. Nor does many of these games make one reflect. But you made sex game with meaning. Great job. I like it a lot. Hop you finish this gem. And that's something I haven't wished anyone in this page at all. Almost all of them are just wanking games. And a little wish: Emma and Main Character ending ut together would be awesome. They fit.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Darkaura

Well, there might be lewds in this game, but I'll never know. This POS went into the bin after the 3rd chess game. Too many characters, too many pointless choices, too linear, too many mini-games. I wish the dev luck, but from my perspective, this one is a mess.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

sunndo

Amazing. One of the best VNs to enjoy a great story you just want to read on and on. An absolutely unique work, perfectly crafted in every detail (also visually: I have never seen anything like this before). Thank you for making it real and putting so much work into it. Kudos. :)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Pipo12334

all i got to say is i am amazed by this game being so versatile and being able to fit the kinks and needs of different people, never wanted to try this game until recently and i findout it is actually one of the best Femdom game, It gives u so much choices to make ur own route to avoid cucking etc. love Deb and Emma alot. The writing is really good and I hope the standard stays consistent. Looking forward to femdom content! Keep the updates coming dev, very good game.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

honeryx

I can't believe I never rated this before.

In terms of adult indie games, this is in the elite tier. I think of it as a VN version of Friends with kinks, although I think this is better than Friends was.

I enjoy femdom in games and there's not a lot of that. This one is balanced with femdom, maledom and vanilla. I tried out all the paths, I don't really like maledom but it's very realistic, there was a point in time when I behaved as MC does in the maledom path, although he doesn't have as many partners as I did and at the same time, but life experience has taught me many say they have those experiences but extremely few do, so it would be hard to write it anyway.

It's a slow burn and ramps over time, your choices give you different dialogue and of course can give you different relationships and scenes. For the most part there is a common route, some chapters stronger than others. The game mostly focuses on Emma, who has two distinct routes, and there are some minor paths with the other girls. Jen probably has the most focus after her so far. Emma does disappear for a few chapters and Jen seems to be the main focus for that time. Even though I say main focus there's still other things going on, outside of Brie and Olivia everyone pretty much has something.

Now I don't actually think this is the greatest game ever or anything. To me there are two standouts on this website especially with the femdom theme in them, and it's this and Karlsson's Gambit. Neither are what I'd consider a professional game done by a mid-size studio that would really stand the test of time and be widely accepted. That's not what these devs have to work with nor is it what this site is about and highlights. They are indie devs that are doing some unique stuff and it's just cool to see it come together. That's also a drawback however in how far apart the updates are and the fact that you don't really get a complete game.

If you are first hopping in on this, it's going to be a good amount of content that will keep you occupied for several hours, maybe a third of a complete professional VN. Once caught up however, each update, being about 7-8+ months apart, will only give you a couple of hours that can be banged out in one sitting, and then you'll have to wait more. Maybe this game is complete in another 5 years or so at this pace, but again, that's how it is with indie devs and it's more a hobby.

The points unlocking kinks/skills doesn't do much for me but some people like the setup. There are modes for the game so that you can buy everything, but you still have to mostly pick a pair of traits---you pretty much pick manly or sensitive which are mostly exclusive to each other, and then honorable or cunning. So far I haven't really found mixed paths beyond that, and it's hard to know how much you've really seen. Dev put in a scenarios style mode to give players an idea of the paths and have a quicker way to see them. There's a running counter of total dialogue seen, at one point I did try to 100% it but I never was able to, and now I no longer care. Still if you aim for that, there's a tremendous amount to go through.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

dontcarewhateverno

I can't give this anything less than four stars, as much as I didn't enjoy it, based on the hard work that went into it, the suitable aptitude for design and the plethora of paths.

But astoundingly, despite how many paths their are, the game is still very rigid and stiff (though it didn't make me so) in both its kinks as well as an absence of humor or life. It's also just incredibly boring - and this is coming from someone who enjoys a slow-burn natural progression in these sort of drama-based AVNs. Writing & plot also have a very mid-wit feel, in a dunning-kruger striving for insightfulness it never reaches with its outlook on sex, psych, sociology and societal issues. Sure, that still puts it a couple IQ points above the average game on here, though no one ever asked for it. Some lofty goals are better never tried at all if the capabilities aren't there, rather than tried, failed and ending up cringe or cheesy. Especially in a sex game. This is more like a middling, self-published, erotic novel aimed at young 20-something adults who read such things than it is a good porn game. I didn't walk away from it gaining much of anything at all, except some time lost. I would've preferred to have at least lost a little weight to my nutsack. Even with all the paths, this just wasn't erotic to me, nor was it worthwhile from a narrative standpoint. Very basic-bitch in its aesthetic. Will edit to write more later, but dear god, this is a snooze-fest.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

OuterZone

I played the game not exploring every path. I primarily played the submissive MC and femdom paths. Consequently, this review will be focused on those aspects.
    This review is for version 0.6.3

This game was rated as the best femdom game in the poll on the Femdom Finder 2.0 thread. I had no idea what it was about but recently decided to give it a go.

Boy am I glad I played this game!

The good:

- Characters: I hold the belief that a compelling story is rooted in its characters. A well-crafted protagonist is the virtuoso soloist, a good supporting cast is the harmony that adds depth and nuance, and the plot is the twists and turns of the melody. MrSilverLust has orchestrated a beautiful concerto that captivated me from start to finish. Nothing is Forever has one of the best cast of characters I have read in a very long time. I can't stress enough how well the characters are written. Each has their own rich pasts that shape their present desires, needs, and motivations. Notably, despite catering to similar themes/kinks (if the player so chooses), no two characters are interchangeable.

- Protagonist: Nothing is Forever stands out among games with femdom themes by presenting a mature, capable, and eloquent protagonist. Unlike the stereotypical weakling or doofus that just can't stop sniffing panties and can't wait to molest his sister or mother, the protagonist here is a grown and complex adult who, like us, is grappling with human imperfections. He displays moments of vulnerability but never succumbs to caricatured behavior I often see in other games with a similar theme. His flaws and occasional loss of self-control are relatable and serve as an opportunity for growth throughout the narrative. There is noticeable character growth throughout the story.

- Plot: The plot progresses smoothly and isn't overly convoluted, but the characters carry it forward effortlessly. The internal turmoil of the MC is a big part of the plot and propels it forward. It's a bit drawn out, but it's well written and is at least partially relatable. The other driving force is his quest for fulfillment and intimacy. A few twists and turns might make the story more compelling in the future. So far, the plot has maintained my interest in following the protagonist on his journey.

- Dialogue: Conversations sound authentic and natural with each character having a distinct voice. Very good writing and thanks to the proofreader(s) who also help with this aspect.

- Chess Enthusiasts: If you like chess, or you think you like chess after watching a certain show, this game has interesting chess-related content. I personally couldn't tell you if it's good, but it certainly looks interesting. These bits are skippable if you are not interested.

- Visuals/Renders: Are there better renders out there? You bet. The renders are good and serve their purpose of enhancing immersion and adding another layer of storytelling on top of the excellent writing. As with most other VNs, every girl is drop dead gorgeous. It's good eye candy, but not very realistic. We need some ugly girls ASAP. :cool:

- Kinks: The game's primary appeal lies in its extensive exploration of various kinks, showcased through an intricately designed "kink-tree" system. They are seamlessly woven into the narrative and character development. Nothing feels forced. Each kinky scene is distinct and some are ridiculously hot.

- Pacing: The game generally has good pacing, maintaining a steady rhythm between story progression and sexy time. Sometimes, things might get just a bit slow. If you decide to pursue one love interest, intervals between story development and intimate moments may appear lengthy at times.

- Music: The background music generally aligns well with the scenes and their themes. It could have more variety though.

The (only slightly) bad:

- Plot could have more twists and turns. Everybody is very understanding so far. Perhaps more conflict? :devilish:
    - An external antagonist (and I'm not talking about that irresistible lawyer) might spice things up further.
    - Sexy time sessions could be longer.

The ugly nitpicking:

- Everybody's chucklin'
    - MC shouldn't be getting advice about how a certain kink is practiced in real life by someone else, he's a sexologist, he should know better.
    - MC has a bit of underbite.
    - No facial hair fence-sitters, please. Either grow a beard or shave, Mr. Sexologist.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

bobdolio

One of the best games I have ever played, and I have played a lot of games. It's carried by its writing and mechanics but the graphics are still above average. The world building and character development are top notch. There are no bugs that I have noticed which is astonishing considering how many branching paths there are.

The highest praise I can give it is saying it got me into kinks I have always ignored. Now I'm scouring all my porn sources searching for things like chastity caging and ruined orgasms.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Boromir.

I like this game a lot, will definitely support the dev. Every girl is better than each other and you can always find the playstyle you like. This is a game for everyone's taste. And art style? It is just mesmerizing. The only downside i can tell, the game is a little bit boring. There is too many unnecessary words and those are so much pain to read for slow-readers like me.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4942259

The choice/trait system is one of the most interesting in this genre but also quite clunky in how it actually works in the game. The cast is also interesting in that there's a girl for everyone in ways most games don't do. The girls are so different from one another that you may lose interest in most of them. Graphics are decent but could be better. It's a good game.