Ren'Py NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper [v0.15 EA] [D.mon Games]

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes

guanciale

Aug 30, 2021
You can definitely steal the halberd. Done it before and after making her cum on the save, done with and without any progress on her bars. (and only one thief book)

Bug: Cumming, then starting another animation, sometimes doesn't remove the previous image, resulting in two overlaid sprites.
This sometimes results in a DP (in the shop, from behind)
maybe an idea for future development ? :devilish:

Reactions: HUNUTAN

1justice1

Aug 22, 2021
theres two cheat codes for anyone wondering, I don't exactly remember the second one as I played the game a couple of hours ago but it gives you an invisibility potion although I've noticed it doesn't do much.
1. tossacoin (gives you 1k coins)
2. youcantseeme (i think?? i don't exactly remember)

D.mon

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2023
anyone knows the name of the AI this Dev is using?
I'm trying to create my own game (I'm ok at editing and coding but not at drawing) and I've been looking for a solution,
this AI is really good at drawing So if anyone Knows the name pls share it.
thanks
SD webUI, custom made checkpoint, Image 2 Image generation from my own sketches. the generations are mainly used for shading the characters that I sketch and colour my self, as that takes the most time for me, afterwards I polish and detail it my self, as well as creating individual assets.
I am an artist and have worked in the game industry and I use AI to increase my own productivity while learning coding and developing this game on my own. So I don't really know my self how to best utilise AI generators, as I edit a lot of it my self.

I see the scene with her getting fucked from behind while serving customers. Could you make it so she still has her bottom dress or maybe a skirt on? With no panties or panties to the side.
I know what you want, I want it to, It's just a lot of programming and additional assets I have to consider before adding something like that. Still learning and trying to find the best solutions for the mechanics like that!

hire an artist an stop using ai cgs and I'll consider it
I am a Artist, A professional concept artist in the game industry. I use AI to speed up the process as I'm also doing UI assets by my self, as well as animations and individual art assets, also learning to code python and doing everything outside the game my self, probably would be at version 0.03 without it (if at all making the game). I understand the distaste for AI, so thank you for at least looking at the thread!

assuming you will eventually be able to knock up the npc's and more tags will be added as time moves on then im looking forward to the future of this one

be careful of AI art though. keeping the characters consistent will be tough
I am planning on expanding mechanics that will add new tags, but i doubt I'll be adding pregnancy to it due to how complex and confusing it would be having NPC's giving birth...
Though I'm in the early stages and won't write of any fethishes just jet (unless extreme), it'll depand on demand.

I don't want to review this game yet since it's in the early stages, but this game has a lot of potential. I wouldn't listen to the AI CG haters in this case as all of the art is consistent and high quality. The main things that I hope to see soon are:
1. Anal with the guard.
2. A bit more liveliness out of the shopkeeper. Yeah, I know it's an NPC but it would be a bit fun if she reacted a bit more. Maybe this one is a bit out of scope.
3. Anal with the shop keep when you are carrying her.

So like I said, the game has a lot of potential and I am personally looking forward to future updates. Hopefully the dev doesn't start randomly focusing on game mechanics like a lot of these devs do as at the end of the day, we just wanna fap. I recommend that you check this game out as it is relatively to the point and isn't grindy.
Sorry to say, But this demo is made to test out mechanics, so that I can implement the same in the main game without being overwhelmed by bugs and glitches! Also, for a free use fantasy game, the mechanics are basically what makes it interesting! :D But just to be clear, the mechanics are the various interactions you can fap to! XD
As for the reactions, again, it's free use, so they should be minimal, in order to be consistent with the fantasy. I only added some to make it a bit more "pleasurable" for players.

Just wait a few weeks/years. Hair don't grow that fast.

Jk btw, the option to make them regrow isn't in the game. You will have to start a new game or load an old save.
Full game will have day and night cycle! ;)

As for all the other posts, Thank you all, Weather critique or praise, I appreciate it all! I'd like to reply to all individually, but I'd be spamming the forum all day! XD

*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
I am planning on expanding mechanics that will add new tags, but i doubt I'll be adding pregnancy to it due to how complex and confusing it would be having NPC's giving birth...
nonono im not looking for birth, just impregnation. a one time animation of sperm entering an egg when you knock somone up is good enough for me. any babies can simply be referenced in the epilogue for all i care

kalsupers5

May 26, 2024
so ran into an issue with the inventory:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/screens/inventory.rpy", line 4, in script call
call screen inventory
call screen inventory
call screen inventory
[Previous line repeated 3 more times]
File "game/scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpy", line 6, in script
call screen npc_actions
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpy", line 8, in execute
screen shop_inventory:
screen shop_inventory:
File "game/scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpy", line 10, in execute
frame:
File "game/scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpy", line 30, in execute
vbox:
File "game/scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpy", line 174, in execute
if tab_sell == True:
File "game/scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpy", line 175, in execute
grid 3 3:
Exception: Grid overfull.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
call screen inventory
call screen inventory
call screen inventory
[Previous line repeated 3 more times]
File "game/scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpy", line 6, in script
call screen npc_actions
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3347, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in <lambda>
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
self.update()
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
screen shop_inventory:
screen shop_inventory:
File "game/scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpy", line 10, in execute
frame:
File "game/scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpy", line 30, in execute
vbox:
File "game/scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpy", line 174, in execute
if tab_sell == True:
File "game/scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpy", line 175, in execute
grid 3 3:
File "E:\New folder\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\TheShopkeeper-0.10a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 552, in add
raise Exception("Grid overfull.")
Exception: Grid overfull.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
TheShopkeeper 0.10a
Tue May 28 01:16:41 2024

I ended up going into the file and changing the grid to 3 5 and that seemed to do the trick since there is no scroll option at this time. can't hold on to too many items is shown to have full but the moment you click on the inventory it throws that up. seemingly because there is not big enough grid. hope that helps

Last edited:

dsdcccddvdv

Oct 2, 2022
I love your concept and would like to see more.

I see that you can use the belt as a weapon but I just happen to sell them so I lost that option forever?
Is there anyway to put on some cloth back?

Reactions: Claag and Deek8D

yuntaipureblood

Oct 29, 2018
I've downloaded extracted and done nothing out of the ordinary but when I click on the application the game doesn't start. Is it just taking a long time?

D.mon

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2023
Foot fetish content someday?
I'll probably add more fetishes later on!

I love your concept and would like to see more.

I see that you can use the belt as a weapon but I just happen to sell them so I lost that option forever?
Is there anyway to put on some cloth back?
You can't get the clothes back for now, but I do plan on adding an option for it at some point, just wanna give it a unique approach!

I've downloaded extracted and done nothing out of the ordinary but when I click on the application the game doesn't start. Is it just taking a long time?
First time I'm getting this type of error, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. It shouldn't take to long to open, For me it takes about 10 to 30 seconds to open renpy games, including this one, but I usually have a lot of other things running in the background that might slow it down.

Reactions: Random123G

camdanryeker

Jul 2, 2020
Sorry to say, But this demo is made to test out mechanics, so that I can implement the same in the main game without being overwhelmed by bugs and glitches! Also, for a free use fantasy game, the mechanics are basically what makes it interesting! :D But just to be clear, the mechanics are the various interactions you can fap to! XD
As for the reactions, again, it's free use, so they should be minimal, in order to be consistent with the fantasy. I only added some to make it a bit more "pleasurable" for players.
Thanks for the response. Like I said, maybe me suggesting the reactions are out of scope. I like the free use part of the game, I just meant the shopkeeper reacting a bit more to getting fucked.

The main thing that I wanted you to read was to ignore the hate. I like the art and the game.

Reactions: D.mon

fredballx

Mar 10, 2018
found a crash in battle.rpy lines: 26,157,171,175,177, and 179 "NameError: name 'item_pads' is not defined"
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 26, in execute
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 157, in execute
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 171, in execute
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 171, in keywords
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 175, in keywords
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 177, in keywords
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 179, in <module>
NameError: name 'item_pads' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/screens/shop_screen.rpyc", line 6, in script call
  File "scripts/events/battle.rpyc", line 23, in script
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3347, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in interact_core
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in <lambda>
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "E:\!hidden enough\!favs\!Powermove\TheShopkeeper-0.15a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 157, in execute
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 171, in execute
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 171, in keywords
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 175, in keywords
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 177, in keywords
  File "game/scripts/events/battle.rpy", line 179, in <module>
NameError: name 'item_pads' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805