[R>Artist 2D] [R>Programmer] Share NSFW Version of "Growing Up"

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Project:
Adult version of "Growing Up" -- Working Title "Becoming You"

Developer:
The idea would be that we would both be full collaborating and developing the project and sharing proceeds of revenue. I am open to taking a smaller portion of the rev-share.

Looking for:
A 2D Artist and a Programmer to begin with, who would be the two primary collaborators alongside me as writer and PM.

Employment Type:
The intention is to work together until the completion of the project, so I am looking for those wanting a long-term commitment.

Work commitment:
I'm open. I work a full-time job myself, so I'd understand any balance needed here.

Preferred method of contact:
Here initially and then we'd move to Discord, likely.

Job Description:
Collaborative development of a full-length game, likely funded through SubscribeStar after initial releases. The inspiration of the game was playing through the Demo of " " on Steam and thinking it could be a new and interesting take on a familiar trope of Adult Game. It would feature character creation and branching stories.

Reibles

Apr 16, 2021
Hello) I am 2d artist) I would like to work with you please add me in discord cookyspooky#0986

yafkm

Mar 31, 2021
I'm a programmer. I'd be interested in talking more about this and hearing about what you want to make to see if it's in my ability. Hit me up on Discord, yafkm#2992 . From briefly looking at the screenshots on Steam, it looks like there's going to be some menus, stats, and VN-esque dialogue, which should all be doable, but yeah let me know what you have in mind.

Mistah-X

Dec 31, 2017
I'd be interested to work on this a s a programmer if you are still looking.
Get in touch on discord so we can talk a bit more about this.

Last edited:

Valdurial

Jan 21, 2021
a bit off topic, but if anyone is interested in the intended full-game experience, check out "Chinese Parents" on Steam. "Growing Up" appears to be a near duplicate of that game.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Thanks for the bump!

Played the full game and it certainly needs a version that's grittier, realer and sexier.

So, I'm definitely still looking for a programmer and 2D artist!

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
(Potential programmer here)
Sounds kinda neat. I agree there's potential in an adult life simulator thing.

How much planning have you already done?
Off the top of my head:
- Is the player restricted to being male/female or is either an option?
- How long would each character session last? Is the focus on playing a few in-depth characters or many basic characters?
- How heavy are the kinks you want to include? Are there certain things you want to focus on? (for example non-con vs con)

We can talk on discord if you like, just PM me your tag

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
(Potential programmer here)
Sounds kinda neat. I agree there's potential in an adult life simulator thing.

How much planning have you already done?
Off the top of my head:
- Is the player restricted to being male/female or is either an option?
- How long would each character session last? Is the focus on playing a few in-depth characters or many basic characters?
- How heavy are the kinks you want to include? Are there certain things you want to focus on? (for example non-con vs con)

We can talk on discord if you like, just PM me your tag
I imagine that development would be restricted to one gender initially and backfill the other.
I would hope that it would be a few in-depth characters. I don't think Growing Up goes long enough (just the end of HS)...So I'd imagine it goes to mid-late 20s.
I'm open to kinks, and I'm certain there would be certain situations involving non-con.

Reactions: polishhammer83

Lehafir

Feb 12, 2018
Hey there,

If your still looking, I'm a programmer and writer (working on my own thing, but have time for other projects)
I normaly work with Unity Engine (C#) but looked once into RenPy and if preferd, should be able to work myself into it.

Looking for your respond.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Thanks @Corranda -- I'm still trying to find an artist. Without one, can't make it go, unfortunately.

Nov 23, 2020
I think im already late to the programmer position, but I am interested on the position if its still available, I am experienced in C#,C++ and C with a bit of python on the side.