NTR Boundary?

NTR Boundary? The Line of NTR?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nymphs

Mar 7, 2020
Hi,

I'm going to complete my current game (Landlord & the Tenants) in around half a year. After I complete it, I will start a new game.

There are people keep asking if the jerk route in my game is NTR or not. It's not NTR as well as I'm not developing NTR. But after I go around and check many games, I see that even if it's just groping, some people say that it's NTR even though it's not in other games (like Dating my Daughter).

In the next game, the MC is a guy in a company who tries to get all girls for himself. But there are other guys in the game. Even though there won't be sexual intercourses between other guys and the girls, I think some groping, hugging... scenes will intrigue and make the winning feeling more sweet (like what I see in Dating my Daughter).

So, I want to know what the boundary here. I mean the NTR line so my next game won't have the NTR tag.

Thank you for voting.

Line 1: Groping, hugging, touching... (non-bare skin). => I think it's not NTR.
Line 2: Groping, hugging, touching... (bare skin). => I think it's still not NTR.
Line 3: Handjob, titsjob, blowjob, fingering... => I'm wondering about this.
Line 4: Sexual Intercourse. => Absolutely NTR.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Also, NTR is 3 separate tags smushed into one thing. You need to be cognizant of all three definitions or you are going to have a bad time.

1. Netorare - unwilling cuck
2. Netorase - willing cuck
3. Netori - MC does the cucking

Nymphs

Mar 7, 2020
Also, NTR is 3 separate tags smushed into one thing. You need to be cognizant of all three definitions or you are going to have a bad time.

1. Netorare - unwilling cuck
2. Netorase - willing cuck
3. Netori - MC does the cucking
I'm using the definition on f95, only netorare & netorase.

Nymphs

Mar 7, 2020
And a ton of people screaming NTR in the thread. Just saying...
I don't care about some people. I care about the major of people. If Dating my Daughter has no NTR tag, it means the majority or at least f95 consider it's not NTR. And this poll is just to consider for my next game. I'm not sure about it yet because I'm also thinking about a female protagonist game.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
I don't care about some people. I care about the major of people. If Dating my Daughter has no NTR tag, it means the majority or at least f95 consider it's not NTR. And this poll is just to consider for my next game. I'm not sure about it yet because I'm also thinking about a female protagonist game.
This simply isn't true. F95 is not a vote based tag system. Tags are added by devs or thread creators and then that's what the tags are. There are games that have obvious NTR that the dev just doesn't tag, thus the game doesn't have the tag.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
NTR is not about the specific act. What matters is the nature of the story and the intent and outcome of those acts. If the girl gets corrupted and stolen in the end, that is NTR. If she is just groped, that is just groping. If she gets raped, that's rape. If she is cheating, that's cheating.

Nymphs

Mar 7, 2020
This simply isn't true. F95 is not a vote based tag system. Tags are added by devs or thread creators and then that's what the tags are. There are games that have obvious NTR that the dev just doesn't tag, thus the game doesn't have the tag.
Devs can only request. The final decision to add tags is from the staff.
The poll is for me to know people's thoughts. The final decision is still mine.

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
Okay now I am curious.

Suppose we have a consensual partnership and a third person.
If the consensual partnership doesn't even know about the third person but the third person considers one or both of couple to be their rightful partner then is that NTR?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Okay now I am curious.

Suppose we have a consensual partnership and a third person.
If the consensual partnership doesn't even know about the third person but the third person considers one or both of couple to be their rightful partner then is that NTR?
A bit confusing how you worded that. Do you mean if the husband doesn't know about the third person (male), and the wife considers both guys to be their rightful partner? It depends on how the author frames the story, but in general that would be closer to just cheating. If the wife stays with the husband but increasingly looks down on him (doesn't even have to be to his face) and prefers the other dude, that could have a more NTR feel to it. In this case, her heart is "stolen" in a sense. If we get down to all the details, it really does get a bit hard to define this stuff. After decades of reading NTR works, I came to the conclusion that NTR is NTR if the author writes it to be one.

On this site, NTR is treated as more of an act akin to cheating, vaginal sex, etc. That is wholly inadequate to truly understand what NTR is.

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
A bit confusing how you worded that. Do you mean if the husband doesn't know about the third person (male), and the wife considers both guys to be their rightful partner? It depends on how the author frames the story, but in general that would be closer to just cheating. If the wife stays with the husband but increasingly looks down on him (doesn't even have to be to his face) and prefers the other dude, that could have a more NTR feel to it. In this case, her heart is "stolen" in a sense. If we get down to all the details, it really does get a bit hard to define this stuff. After decades of reading NTR works, I came to the conclusion that NTR is NTR if the author writes it to be one.

On this site, NTR is treated as more of an act, akin to cheating, vaginal sex, etc. That is wholly inadequate to truly understand what NTR is.
Sure. Let's go with a Husband, a Wife, and that Dude. Husband and Wife have no idea who the Dude is. Dude has his eyes on say the Wife. If the Dude considers the Wife his then is the Husband having sex or emotional fidelity with the Wife NTR with respect to the Dude?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Sure. Let's go with a Husband, a Wife, and that Dude. Husband and Wife have no idea who the Dude is. Dude has his eyes on say the Wife. If the Dude considers the Wife his then is the Husband having sex or emotional fidelity with the Wife NTR with respect to the Dude?
Errr. How can the wife not know the dude? If its some creeper dude that is stalking the wife without ever meeting her, what kind of plot is that? :unsure:

If we make the POV character the husband or wife in this scenario, the third guy doesn't even come into play. If the POV dude is the third guy, well it COULD be Netori, but not NTR. But in this case, it wouldn't even be netori if all he does is fantasize and stalk her or something.

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
Errr. How can the wife not know the dude? If its some creeper dude that is stalking the wife without ever meeting her, what kind of plot is that? :unsure:

If we make the POV character the husband or wife in this scenario, the third guy doesn't even come into play. If the POV dude is the third guy, well it COULD be Netori, but not NTR. But in this case, it wouldn't even be netori if all he does is fantasize and stalk her or something.
Do consider that Yandere Sim exists. Basic structure of the story is that there is functionally little to no relationship between the Yandere-chan and Senpai. Senpai tries to have and other characters try to have consensual relationships with Senpai. Yandere-chan gets straight up homocidal about any such arrangement. It is to her emotional infidelity.

NTR or not?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Do consider that Yandere Sim exists. Basic structure of the story is that there is functionally little to no relationship between the Yandere-chan and Senpai. Senpai tries to have and other characters try to have consensual relationships with Senpai. Yandere-chan gets straight up homocidal about any such arrangement. It is to her emotional infidelity.

NTR or not?
absolutely not. That one is very clear cut.

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
There is no boundary, because I don't play games with the NTR tag. I would be interested if the MC (Male Protag) where the one being taken away from a his girlfriend, by a woman wanting the MC all to herself.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
There is no boundary, because I don't play games with the NTR tag. I would be interested if the MC (Male Protag) where the one being taken away from a his girlfriend, by a woman wanting the MC all to herself.
that would be reverse NTR. A very rare pokemon.

Reactions: Canade

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
absolutely not. That one is very clear cut.
So what about if the Husband and Wife consent to an unusual sexual relationship, and she gets a Boyfriend. Is it NTR if the Boyfriend isn't allowed to fuck the Wife but the Husband is? IE does it matter if the Boyfriend is the cuck vs the Husband being the cuck?

More to the OP's questions, are there specific acts which define NTR? With refusing Yandere-Chan's NTR status, it seems to indicate that NTR requires some kind of act, intention, and some kind of involved relationship of which two or three people are knowledgeably aware?

What is NTR if not emotional infidelity?