• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

KurodaYuki

Jun 13, 2020
Is it just me or does anyone else have issue of the text not appearing during conversations and scene in the new update

Heranwen

May 3, 2021
Is it just me or does anyone else have issue of the text not appearing during conversations and scene in the new update
theres no fucking text anywhere hello??
Usually no text means there is no English translation available yet. The new contents of version 0.37 were like that. We only had english text up to version 0.36 events.

That's why I was asking earlier about this version's translation to see if it was better to wait, but no one answered.

Reactions: KurodaYuki

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
Is it hard to translate japanese to english? Or is it the process of replacing the in game text with other text that takes time? I'm just curious or is it something else entirely?

Pagoramix

May 22, 2019
not wanna keep on the whinning,i really believe thats a pertinent point: why translation progress isn't in the changelog? :unsure:
for all i know translation isn't fanmade then there should be a record somewhere? i don't mind waiting but i find myself checking about translation everytime i see an update... as many others :ROFLMAO:

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
Is it hard to translate japanese to english? Or is it the process of replacing the in game text with other text that takes time? I'm just curious or is it something else entirely?
From my (new to the hobby) perspective. a bit of both. MTL is quick and dirty and often breaks things in it's nonsensical word salad fever dream output and editing it can range from tedious to tedious nightmare.

Proper manual translation requires a working knowledge of both source and target languages, and at that point, you start to understand that syntax and sentence structure (not even going into colloquialisms, idioms and other turns of phrase that you might find...) is almost entirely different from english, so direct translation needs to be finessed to make it understandable.

And then you get slang, and idioms, and metaphors, etc. where things are not to be taken literally, so you have to choose between keeping the original, but have it come out as nonsense in english, or figure out a good alternative, because it's not just a set of words but an entire unsaid context.

Heranwen

May 3, 2021
not wanna keep on the whinning,i really believe thats a pertinent point: why translation progress isn't in the changelog? :unsure:
for all i know translation isn't fanmade then there should be a record somewhere? i don't mind waiting but i find myself checking about translation everytime i see an update... as many others :ROFLMAO:
The English translation is up to version 0.36 events. Apparently 0.37 and 0.38 are just blank boxes.

Reactions: Pagoramix and Yenod

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
From my (new to the hobby) perspective. a bit of both. MTL is quick and dirty and often breaks things in it's nonsensical word salad fever dream output and editing it can range from tedious to tedious nightmare.

Proper manual translation requires a working knowledge of both source and target languages, and at that point, you start to understand that syntax and sentence structure (not even going into colloquialisms, idioms and other turns of phrase that you might find...) is almost entirely different from english, so direct translation needs to be finessed to make it understandable.

And then you get slang, and idioms, and metaphors, etc. where things are not to be taken literally, so you have to choose between keeping the original, but have it come out as nonsense in english, or figure out a good alternative, because it's not just a set of words but an entire unsaid context.
Aaah I see, so we want a good writer as well as a good translator who knows how to code/edit etc or have help from one. We should donate more money to those guys I feel :).
In this case though technobrake does the game first in japanese and translates later to english?

Last edited:

Heranwen

May 3, 2021
Aaah I see, so we want a good writer as well as a good translator who knows how to code/edit etc or have help from one. We should donate more money to those guys I feel :).
In this case though technobrake does the game first in japanese and translates later to english?
Yeah, they release first in Japanese. Last English update was in May 22th, so they are giving regular updates

Reactions: John Bon Clay

Kw23

Sep 9, 2018
Nymphomanie Priesterin. monnster ficke wir und com dan habe ich ein stand bild nach den kampf nur 1 taste dan stand bild

Aug 28, 2018
Nymphomanie Priesterin. monnster ficke wir und com dan habe ich ein stand bild nach den kampf nur 1 taste dan stand bild
Literally:
"Nymphomanic Priestess monster fucking us and come then have I a freeze after the fight only 1 button then freeze"
This sounds like you translated between languages a couple of times and added some terrible grammar.

3.60 star(s) 69 Votes