Others - Completed - Oathbreaker [Final] [Rinmaru Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

enderphony

One of the few visual novels I haven't turned on "skip all" for, I enjoyed this to no end. I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said about this game. The writing is amazing, and the lewd scenes are good but honestly, I would probably play this even without the leads that is how compelling the writing is.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Dónaill

This is certainly not a game that convinces with lewd content, although I find the lesbian scenes very well done, they have their own charm. But the strength of this game is the writing, the dialogue and the way you can customize your protagonists identity in three different ways. Similar to the dialogue design of Mass Effect you can decide to either be good in nature, witty or brash with your answers. Unlike Mass Effect this is merely for roleplaying though, it doesn't seem to have any consequences in terms of gameplay. But then again, gameplay is not the focus of a VN and there are some interesting puzzles that are not overly challenging but enjoyable. I feel the ending could have used a bit more care, it comes very sudden and leaves you pretty much with a one-liner. Still, I binged this novel all the way and hence its a five star game in my book.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

DisturbedMan

Great story, good. Overall, the story is very well fleshed out and well done. The art is good compared to the sequel, which has a better visual style. Characters are interesting and the romance is petty much straight forward. Sex scenes are well done. Highly recommend it to people who love RPGs and VNs.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Avaron1974

Probably one of the better stories i've read.

It has some fantastic characters and writing that had me laughing quite a lot through it and yes I was laughing with it not at it.

Sarcasm is on point and it has some really touching moments as well as dramatic scenes you'd expect in a hero based tale.

It has a lot of typical "big bad is coming and you have to stop it" moments but those are drowned out by great writing and an interesting cast that should be enough to keep you reading.