• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Blender OBJ from Blender with weird polygons

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Hi guys,

I am currently trying to use an asset from Blender. (Link to the asset : )
So I export the asset in wavefront (obj) format and import it into DAZ Studio.
After some adjustments (adding textures, rigging and adding weight maps) I'm happy with the new figure.

Only, at this moment I realize that there is some kind of distortion on some polygons (which is not present in Blender).

I retested and the problem is already present after the import. Since it's not in Blender, I guess it's an invisible or compatibility problem (possible ?).

Anyone know what could be causing this problem ? And, if so, how to fix it ?

There seems to be a bug, I can't post screenshots.
I made a video instead :/

In blender, the result is the same as in the asset link.

Edit : Ok, I think I found it...
1630527816566.png
Am I correct here ?

Last edited:

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Looks like for whatever reason all the vertices are converging in the middle? Try just deleting that one vertex all the edges are going to.

Reactions: Saint_RNG

AgentOrange

Jul 3, 2017
I seem to have (had) a similar problem, importing obj's from sketchup. In my experience it happens when you have polygons with more than 4 sides, then daz decides to add random vertices to make the multifacetted polygons into triangles. My solution to this has been to just make shure I don't have any polygons in my sketchup model which are not either triangles or rectangels.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Saint_RNG

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
Add a triangulate modifier in Blender and apply it before exporting the mesh. This should get rid of any quads and ngons.
I think there's also a triangulate faces checkbox somewhere on the export dialog, but you might get some funky results if you have non co-planar n-gones, using a modifier you got some control and you can fix manually any errors.

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Thank you all !

As I never used Blender before, I preferred to use the checkbox solution from shark_inna_hat .
Simple and it works !

I could never have found this on my own :LOL: