OctaneRender Art - Show Me Your Octane

PourOver

May 16, 2019
I recently took the plunge to try Octane, and after a good few days of not having any idea what I was doing, I think I'm starting to get a better handle on it. The speed sure is pretty mind blowing. As someone with hardly knowledge of shaders, I definitely recommend the RedSpec ones to get started.
This is one of the first renders that I'm fairly happy with after a good bit of tinkering with materials and lights.

Portrait 01.png

delguy

Apr 3, 2018
The skin tone is mostly the same, however when rendered with Iray its drastically different

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I recently took the plunge to try Octane, and after a good few days of not having any idea what I was doing, I think I'm starting to get a better handle on it. The speed sure is pretty mind blowing. As someone with hardly knowledge of shaders, I definitely recommend the RedSpec ones to get started.
This is one of the first renders that I'm fairly happy with after a good bit of tinkering with materials and lights.

View attachment 443307
The lighting is one of the hardest hurdles tonget over because it works nothing like iRay.

Turning down the Opacity Gamma on the hair node will get rid of some of that blurriness near her chest. You using the redspec tgx for the hair or just for the skin?

Reactions: PourOver

PourOver

May 16, 2019
The lighting is one of the hardest hurdles tonget over because it works nothing like iRay.

Turning down the Opacity Gamma on the hair node will get rid of some of that blurriness near her chest. You using the redspec tgx for the hair or just for the skin?
Thanks for the heads up about the opacity gamma! I never would have touched that on my own and it made a huge difference.

I was definitely reliant on pre-made iRay lighting sets before, so having to actually learn a bit about lighting has actually been really useful, through I still have tons to learn.

I'm only using redspec for the skin. The hair asset seemed to make it too... plastic-y? Though that may have been user error.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Looks great! I never had much success with the Redspec hair either, but for skin it comes out really nice.

My only real complaint about Octane is that the otoy forums are really dead.