Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
I'm really enjoying the game. I'm not sure if its a design limit, a bug or if I'm missing a pre-req but I have 6 Pantheon girls and 6 girls from game play bred so far so a total of 12 collector cards. I just got the 7th Pantheon girl pregnant but no collector card was awarded. Is the current limit of collector cards 12 ? Many thanks in advance.
Hmm it sounds like a bug, there are 35 collection cards in the game right now. Do you remember which girl it was that didn't give a point? Also did the "Breedings" stat on the character screen go up?

MEDO. XX

Nov 6, 2020
I don't think I've ever encountered that before. Do you know who created those ports? It sounds like it might be an issue they need to resolve.
It is a protection system that some developers put in place to prevent anyone from modifying their game

BlagartTosser

Aug 7, 2019
Nice game, I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure. In the meantime, I've got a bug to report.

Raven's skills are mostly maxed out in their bars, and when I try to use Tricklash it tells me:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/_screens.rpy", line 367, in script call
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/_screens.rpy", line 746, in script
    if raven_tricklash_random == 5:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/_screens.rpy", line 367, in script call
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/_screens.rpy", line 746, in script
    if raven_tricklash_random == 5:
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 61, in check_infinite_loop
    raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Of Devotion and Despondence 0.1.13
Tue Mar 14 16:42:40 2023

Muityek

Jul 6, 2018
Hmm it sounds like a bug, there are 35 collection cards in the game right now. Do you remember which girl it was that didn't give a point? Also did the "Breedings" stat on the character screen go up?
I came here to report a similar bug. I didn't get a new card or 'breedings' stat increase for specifically the curiosity pantheon girl.

I also got the same issue as BlagartTosser did with Raven's 'Tricklash' talent. It caused the game to hang when I used it when she didn't have stat cap space to distribute the 30 random skills.

I've got to say the game has come a long way in the six months since my last playthrough. Greatwork.

I do have a few pieces of miscellaneous feedback:

The Pantheon girl of obsession is going to be nearly impossible to get for certain playthroughs. Unless there becomes a way to lose skills in a targeted, deliberate, and repeatable way, its going to be unachievable unless you know you need to aim for it from the start. If you use the cheat start or unlock the pantheon after building up your base significantly, its even worse, because it those cases the incidental skill gains you get from random increases, skill checks, or Dalena's honorbound talent, are likely going to total more than you get from skill points in the same in game time period.

Talking about honourbound, I'd really consider a nerf to its player stat boost. It makes all other sources of stoic meaningless.

I get that it is a gatcha card collection system, but from an in world perspective calling the magic mirror, the 'collection' is a little weird. The pantheon in contrast is basically the game's achievements system, but isn't called the achievement screen on the base menu. The incongruity stood out to me.

The ten day cooldown on the pantheon unlocks is Reeeeeally long. I get that if you just let people power through them they'd spike their breedings stat and get a bunch of card buffs as soon as they unlock the system, so a cooldown is warranted, but I'd love to see the cooldown lowered significantly, either through lowering the base time of ten days, or by adding a way to unlock cooldown reduction.

Those Quibbles aside, I just want to reiterate: greatwork! I'm really loving the game and looking forward to more.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Earliestbird

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
I also got the same issue as BlagartTosser did with Raven's 'Tricklash' talent. It caused the game to hang when I used it when she didn't have stat cap space to distribute the 30 random skills.
I think I have this bug fixed on my end so it will be included in the next version.

The Pantheon girl of obsession is going to be nearly impossible to get for certain playthroughs. Unless there becomes a way to lose skills in a targeted, deliberate, and repeatable way, its going to be unachievable unless you know you need to aim for it from the start. If you use the cheat start or unlock the pantheon after building up your base significantly, its even worse, because it those cases the incidental skill gains you get from random increases, skill checks, or Dalena's honorbound talent, are likely going to total more than you get from skill points in the same in game time period.
I see. I will try to add items into the game that do more drastic changes to character stats (both positive and negatively) so players have more options to complete this achievement. If that doesn't work, I suppose I can always change the requirements down the line (although Obsession is one of my favorites when it comes to the creativity it requires to complete... at least in theory:)

Talking about honourbound, I'd really consider a nerf to its player stat boost. It makes all other sources of stoic meaningless.
Noted! Next patch is Passive Talents that can also impact the player skills, so we'll see how balance turns out afterwards and I'll adjust things accordingly.

The ten day cooldown on the pantheon unlocks is Reeeeeally long. I get that if you just let people power through them they'd spike their breedings stat and get a bunch of card buffs as soon as they unlock the system, so a cooldown is warranted, but I'd love to see the cooldown lowered significantly, either through lowering the base time of ten days, or by adding a way to unlock cooldown reduction.
I quickly realized the same thing and the cooldown is already reduced to 5 days in the next patch.

Thank you for the kind words, and never be afraid to share mixed feedback. It's through your positive and negative reviews that I can make the game a better experience for everyone.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Muityek

kilr0y99

Jan 27, 2019
Hi Earliestbird

I just bred them in order and each resulted in a new collection reveal. The breeding count goes up but no new reveal occurs in the Collections. I tried Freedom and Knowledge as well and breeding count always goes up but no new reveal. As a test, I bred Divination, then played another 10 days and bred Freedom. Breedings goes up but still no reveal. I've also attached save file prior selecting 7th Pantheon if that helps. View attachment 2-12-LT1.save
1678841352227.png 1678841384841.png

Reactions: Earliestbird

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Earliestbird

Just started playing again and wanted to ask, are we going to be able to have sex with the girls without taking damage?

Gave up even trying but for the temple girls.
I like the game but with taking damage all the time during sex is for the birds and is why I stop playing way back when this first came out.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Earliestbird

Just started playing again and wanted to ask, are we going to be able to have sex with the girls without taking damage?

Gave up even trying but for the temple girls.
I like the game but with taking damage all the time during sex is for the birds and is why I stop playing way back when this first came out.
Other than the Temple, there will be some encounters where you won't lose essence but later in the game the essence drain should be very low compared to the amount you're bringing in. Also, small spoiler for the story, but eventually there will be a way to have sex with the main 3 girls without losing essence (Mel, being from another world, doesn't drain the MC by default).

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Other than the Temple, there will be some encounters where you won't lose essence but later in the game the essence drain should be very low compared to the amount you're bringing in. Also, small spoiler for the story, but eventually there will be a way to have sex with the main 3 girls without losing essence (Mel, being from another world, doesn't drain the MC by default).
I am now well over 700 so the drain is not a problem, its just when I played the first time it was hard to get.

So I take it we will never get to met any of the offspring's?

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
I am now well over 700 so the drain is not a problem, its just when I played the first time it was hard to get.

So I take it we will never get to met any of the offspring's?
It's not planned right now, but who knows, things could change

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
In case that wasn't reported yet:
Finding a second City Cloak in Rozen while already wearing one causes pic related to happen.
Skill+ only counts one, and they get both removed/equipped when you click them in Inv d_cloak.jpg

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
In case that wasn't reported yet:
Finding a second City Cloak in Rozen while already wearing one causes pic related to happen.
Skill+ only counts one, and they get both removed/equipped when you click them in Inv View attachment 2469273
This is an old visual bug that I still don't know how to fix, but it doesn't really matter since it has no gameplay effects and you can just smelt down duplicate items once you build the smelter.

Reactions: sk1122

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
It's not planned right now, but who knows, things could change
I was working hard at getting the 3rd girl to camp when it hit me.

Why can we not have sex with the girls in base camp?
(Or am I just blind.)

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
I was working hard at getting the 3rd girl to camp when it hit me.

Why can we not have sex with the girls in base camp?
(Or am I just blind.)
Simply not implemented yet. With the 3 main girls I want to have a slow-burn romance that only arrive to sex later on, while most early erotic content will come from different sources like adventures and the pantheon. This also makes sense from a story perspective because the MC is somebody who doesn't mind fucking as long as it's without strings attached, but he's afraid of making real emotional connections.

Maybe a bit spoiler-y, but these things also make sex difficult for each girl: Raven cannot bear the thought of hurting the MC just to have sex even if the MC would be okay with it. With Dalena it's the MC who's uncomfortable with the situation and he doesn't want to take advantage of their master/student relationship. Despite Mel being the last recruited girl, I have a feeling she has the best chance to get physical with the MC the earliest (especially since they can touch without issues).

Edit: Next patch will also include an event counter that shows how many girl-events there are currently for each girl in the 'Memories' menu.

Reactions: Muityek and a1fox3

dmmt

May 8, 2020
If the intro is any indication, the writing in this one stands heads and tails above just aboiut everything else here abouts. Seems to have the early stages of world building down, will it be on par with Masters of Raana ? That would be a lofty goal to shoot for, and sorely needed in the way of fantasy adult games. To have 2 such titles to play....yes sir. (or m'am; as the case may be)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
If the intro is any indication, the writing in this one stands heads and tails above just aboiut everything else here abouts. Seems to have the early stages of world building down, will it be on par with Masters of Raana ? That would be a lofty goal to shoot for, and sorely needed in the way of fantasy adult games. To have 2 such titles to play....yes sir. (or m'am; as the case may be)
Both to me have great stories but this one is less on the sex action, less pic's so to say.

MoR has better sex scenes.

4.10 star(s) 36 Votes