VN Ren'Py Onhold Of Potions and Spells [v0.7.2] [Mr. Nickname]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
It might be due to not starting a new save. I think I forgot to put that down on the f95zone page somewhere. But you do have to start over to get all the new time zones.
Why is that? I can't think of technical reason why you wouldn't be able to access new timezones in an older save.

Breaking older saves is a pretty big mistake on a rolling release game such as this. especially a relatively grindy one where you have to raise your stats point by point, or accumulate wealth.

also such a note should be placed in the original post, right next to the Download link

Mr Nickname

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2019
Why is that? I can't think of technical reason why you wouldn't be able to access new timezones in an older save.

Breaking older saves is a pretty big mistake on a rolling release game such as this. especially a relatively grindy one where you have to raise your stats point by point, or accumulate wealth.

also such a note should be placed in the original post, right next to the Download link
It had to do with the way the times were coded. the only way to refresh it was to completely re do it. I'm not happy about it myself but it was the only way to get it to work.

Kainit103

Jun 5, 2020
I'm more interested in why Rias was added? If you look from the point of view of logic and combat effectiveness in Fairy Tail, there is already an overabundance of power characters, but there are practically no healers there. So it would be more logical to add Asia with her "Twilight Healing" (well, this is my IMHO because I'm not a fan of Rias (I generally only like Rossweisse and Graffia in DxD) and from an old point of view, because as I wrote above in the world of FT and so many damage dealers).
P.S. Finally add A rank missions. Sitting and spending 30 minutes farming B rank missions is a pain.
And I stumbled upon a bug when I give Lucy a protein bar, she gets out of the guild forever. (I give her a bar after the maximum level of lust).

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
It had to do with the way the times were coded. the only way to refresh it was to completely re do it. I'm not happy about it myself but it was the only way to get it to work.
how does this possibly break save compatibility?

Code:
void upgrade_save()
{
    if(save_version_variable < 0.6)
    {
        int new_time_variable;
        if(old_time_variable == "day")
            new_time_variable = 1;
        if(old_time_variable == "night")
            new_time_variable = 3;
        delete_var("old_time_variable ");
    }
    save_version_variable = get_current_version();
}

void main()
{
    upgrade_save();
    run_game();
}

Mr Nickname

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2019
I'm more interested in why Rias was added? If you look from the point of view of logic and combat effectiveness in Fairy Tail, there is already an overabundance of power characters, but there are practically no healers there. So it would be more logical to add Asia with her "Twilight Healing" (well, this is my IMHO because I'm not a fan of Rias (I generally only like Rossweisse and Graffia in DxD) and from an old point of view, because as I wrote above in the world of FT and so many damage dealers).
P.S. Finally add A rank missions. Sitting and spending 30 minutes farming B rank missions is a pain.
Honestly this game is less of an FT game and more of a collection of my personal waifus. Just a lot of them happen to be Fairy Tail girls.
Hell we just hit a patreon goal to add Rossweisse (she's my fav of the dxd girls.), along with Akeno and Xenovia at some point.
I personally dont have much to say on Asia.

Kainit103

Jun 5, 2020
Honestly this game is less of an FT game and more of a collection of my personal waifus. Just a lot of them happen to be Fairy Tail girls.
Hell we just hit a patreon goal to add Rossweisse (she's my fav of the dxd girls.), along with Akeno and Xenovia at some point.
I personally dont have much to say on Asia.
Heh. The universe has shown you the way.) Although there is nothing to say about Asia, I agree, although I read the ranobe in full, but she, as a character, practically did not interest me. I honestly remembered her simply because she 1- has a powerful heal 2- is often mentioned in fan fiction where she becomes much more interesting as a character.

Mr Nickname

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2019
how does this possibly break save compatibility?

Code:
void upgrade_save()
{
    if(save_version_variable < 0.6)
    {
        int new_time_variable;
        if(old_time_variable == "day")
            new_time_variable = 1;
        if(old_time_variable == "night")
            new_time_variable = 3;
        delete_var("old_time_variable ");
    }
    save_version_variable = get_current_version();
}

void main()
{
    upgrade_save();
    run_game();
}
It wasn't really done by variables, it was an array of sorts. I'm fairly new to coding so I don't quite know how this will fix it either.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Heh. The universe has shown you the way.) Although there is nothing to say about Asia, I agree, although I read the ranobe in full, but she, as a character, practically did not interest me. I honestly remembered her simply because she 1- has a powerful heal 2- is often mentioned in fan fiction where she becomes much more interesting as a character.
Powerful heal is an informed ability. she has a useless heal.
It is an actual plot point that she cannot restore bloodloss. Which is the most common and most significant portion of healing. Without restoring bloodloss she effectively cannot save anyone from injury.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
It wasn't really done by variables, it was an array of sorts. I'm fairly new to coding so I don't quite know how this will fix it either.
build an array conversion function that:
loads the old array.
creates a new array.
fills in the new array from data from the old array while filling in missing spots with blank values.

I'm fairly new to coding so I don't quite know how this will fix it either.
Do you mean to say that you do not understand the pseudocode I just posted?

Kainit103

Jun 5, 2020
Powerful heal is an informed ability. she has a useless heal.
It is an actual plot point that she cannot restore bloodloss. Which is the most common and most significant portion of healing. Without restoring bloodloss she effectively cannot save anyone from injury.
Let's be honest. The problem of bleeding in most works where there is magic is hammered into this fact during healing. So in the aisles of the DxD world, where at the end of the story she could throw an AOE heal and grow severed limbs, she’s really strong.
Although, again, let's be honest and agree that her potential as a healer is limited solely by the desires of the author at a particular moment. And the fact that she was beaten as a healer at the moment when she tamed one of the Dragon Kings - Fafnir.

Reactions: mrttao

Shocker

Jun 2, 2017
I noticed that the game has been out for a while but based on the changelog it's not clear how much content there is currently. Anyone tell me if it's worth playing right now?

Mr Nickname

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2019
build an array conversion function that:
loads the old array.
creates a new array.
fills in the new array from data from the old array while filling in missing spots with blank values.

Do you mean to say that you do not understand the pseudocode I just posted?
Uh... sort of? Most of my issue I have with coding is gaining the confidence to think outside the box.

Mr Nickname

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2019
How to unlock the new girls (Cana, Mira, Rias, Kagura)?
To get to the next girl, you have to have done the events for the previous one (working on it so this isn't required by next update)
To see Cana, go to the guild in the evening.
For Mira, after Cana's first trust scene I believe, do the same thing.
Once you meet Mira, you will get a scene for Rias, then just go to the guild during the day.
Kagura, you go see Erza at the guild.

Reactions: thebest2598

Guarano

May 14, 2018
Hi.
Is there a list with details about the trust/lust I need to trigger events possible?
Something like - Lucy at trust 10/20/30/40 and on lust 10/20/30 - but for all Girls.
That I know how much more grinding I need for of them.
Thanks, G.

Mr Nickname

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2019
Hi.
Is there a list with details about the trust/lust I need to trigger events possible?
Something like - Lucy at trust 10/20/30/40 and on lust 10/20/30 - but for all Girls.
That I know how much more grinding I need for of them.
Thanks, G.
Trust:
Lucy 10, 15, 20
Erza and Juvia 10, 20, 30,
Seri 15, 30
Cana 10

Lust:
Erza 10
Juvia 10
Lucy 10 20 30
Seri 10 20

As I keep saying I'm trying my best to think of ways to improve the grind. It's a bit tough thinking of ideas though. One I had was random events that happened.

Reactions: Guarano
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes