TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I think the dev really should have waited until they had at least a sex scene or two to showcase the art before posting here. I also think the tags are supposed to show what's actually in the game already, not what will be in the game. We aren't supposed to rate stuff on it's "potential".

1. Entering any part of the moss farm will spit you back out at the top left exit at the start, that's pretty disorienting. Even if you enter from the right. I'm guessing that's because those chambers change in the future. You could just not allow the player to enter the other areas if you don't want to make additional maps for those temporary areas.

2. I see some potential narrative issues as well I think. The slime can read minds/absorb information from others, but he's not aware of things that the drows should all know after he absorbed/met them? Even the slaves should have some basic information about how things work if the excuse is that the puppet body doesn't have the same ability to absorb information. More on that, the slime just suddenly would be okay with not learning new information immediately when he's spent the last however many years absorbing information and learning? Seems like a bit of a plot hole there. Even if there was a reason to not allow the puppet body to do that, you'd think he'd go and absorb some information personally. He finally has a new source of info and he just chills in his chamber and takes things slow out of nowhere?

Basically tldr: It's weird he needs so much explained to him when he can absorb information from others. This is one of the issues in making a godlike MC, lol.

3. You can avoid the trigger for the first worm fight and walk around it.

4. No notice/tracking for how many minions you currently have?

5. Please add an option if possible to automatically finish/speed up text. For a text heavy game to require double clicking to pass a single repeated line of text will get really obnoxious fast. Impregnating how ever many elves was a spam fest.

1: Yeah pretty much.

2: The slime absorbs information easily, but the slaves are uneducated dolts, Anu as well, but the individual has to THINK of what Omni or Anu want to know about first (surface layer information), language is a constant core memory so they absorb that quickly.
Anu absorbs information like a psionic rather than a slime; psychometry and surface mind reading is Anu's forte. Anu's body is a drow penumbra (illithid knockoff), he can't absorb his enemies like Omni.
In order for Omni to absorb better information, he would need to destroy the individual, something a collector like him is unwilling to commit to, he hordes slaves like collectors cards, or Lego pieces (never know when you'll need that piece you don't need right now, oh you need it now? Well to bad you threw it back into the pile).

3. ah shit, notha bug to deal with (solution in next hotfix).

4. I'll add that in to the quest information (next hotfix).

5. hold down space to speed up text super fast.

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, I dunno how this MC/game can be written to make shit interesting. The MC is just too strong. Mind Control, Information Absorption, Can see shit on a molecular level, absurd combat strength, etc. I feel like it's not even really possible to write a character like that accurately. There's almost no way to avoid some conflicts between what they should be able to do and what the game makes them do to have conflicts for the MC/player to solve.

I'm a huge fan of Overlord (One of the only animes I've bothered to read the LNs for, highly recommend it btw), One Punch Man, and I watched the slime anime (Thought it was okayish), and the MC here is far more difficult to work with than any of them imo. All those shows required super amazing writing to keep them interesting, and those characters actually have some flaws even though they're all OP as fuck. The MC here is basically a god. Trying to excuse why he suddenly can't do shit he should be able to do every 5 minutes seems like it's going to get silly and be incredibly exhausting.

I think the dev might want to consider dialing his OPness back a bit before it's too late. Feels like a sure-fire way to write yourself into a corner. The stronger the MC, the more limited your options are to keep things interesting, that's why the bread and butter for fantasy genres is usually starting with a weak ass MC afterall. Good stories usually need some kind of struggle.
1: The MC lacks skill, they are a fast learner, but have never had to learn combat skills, overpowering dumb worms in the mine is easy, cause they were likewise isolated and he beats them with brute force. Anu is also not capable of impressing people with his powers; it's too abrupt, or seems like a trick. He gets the shit kicked out of him by any character with combat skills past a certain level (demons would use him for floss). Also Anu is not be set up to fight, but to investigate and strategise, his daughters will be the ones exploring and fighting new things, and they are not overpowered as shit like Anu or Omni at all.

After the teleportation incident (slime clone of equal power gets its shit stuffed in and dies instantly by a random adventurer) Anu takes the cautious approach to fighting opponents of unknown strength.

2: Two new overlord novels coming out soon too, fuck I live for that shit. Tensura is okayish, but the LN's stop being interesting when they get to the fights because we all know who's going to win, either they win immediately, or they lose, grow stronger, then wipe the floor with their opponent in the rematch, EVERY FIGHT IS LIKE THAT. Tensura is at it's strongest when it explains social interactions between powerful and weak players, and shows how the weak react in interesting ways to Rimuru's ascension.

3: The OPness is something I intend to hold back as much as possible; Anu is a political threat and acts as such, the daughters are savant adventurers who learn to wield power over time, Anu will lay the smack down only when it's amusing and the fight is already a foregone conclusion. Anu struggles with politics and intrigue, the daughters struggle with the forces of the world like traditional rpg protagonist.

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
Wow, concept and the story on this are top notch,I sunscribestarred immediately, but gawd, this needs some art to back up the story something terrible!

Hope they get a great artist!

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Wow, concept and the story on this are top notch,I sunscribestarred immediately, but gawd, this needs some art to back up the story something terrible!

Hope they get a great artist!
That's the plan, already got an artist in mind, the cash from subscribestar will be going to CG, as per the subscribestar stated goals.

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
That's the plan, already got an artist in mind, the cash from subscribestar will be going to CG, as per the subscribestar stated goals.
Would love to talk to you about that, what artist? how much? pop into discord sometime. Or send a PM.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
1: The MC lacks skill, they are a fast learner, but have never had to learn combat skills, overpowering dumb worms in the mine is easy, cause they were likewise isolated and he beats them with brute force. Anu is also not capable of impressing people with his powers; it's too abrupt, or seems like a trick. He gets the shit kicked out of him by any character with combat skills past a certain level (demons would use him for floss). Also Anu is not be set up to fight, but to investigate and strategise, his daughters will be the ones exploring and fighting new things, and they are not overpowered as shit like Anu or Omni at all.

After the teleportation incident (slime clone of equal power gets its shit stuffed in and dies instantly by a random adventurer) Anu takes the cautious approach to fighting opponents of unknown strength.

2: Two new overlord novels coming out soon too, fuck I live for that shit. Tensura is okayish, but the LN's stop being interesting when they get to the fights because we all know who's going to win, either they win immediately, or they lose, grow stronger, then wipe the floor with their opponent in the rematch, EVERY FIGHT IS LIKE THAT. Tensura is at it's strongest when it explains social interactions between powerful and weak players, and shows how the weak react in interesting ways to Rimuru's ascension.

3: The OPness is something I intend to hold back as much as possible; Anu is a political threat and acts as such, the daughters are savant adventurers who learn to wield power over time, Anu will lay the smack down only when it's amusing and the fight is already a foregone conclusion. Anu struggles with politics and intrigue, the daughters struggle with the forces of the world like traditional rpg protagonist.
Well I have more faith now in the direction then, especially if you're an Overlord LN fan lol. That's one of my favorite ways of handling a situation like this for a story. As long as the abilities are explained to the player a bit more in game, could work out okay. I'll check in on this later~ I'd like to see the art and more of the base and early game stuff fleshed out first before I come back to this. The point where you just walk around and bang 40 characters all with the same dialogue at the same time was when I stopped. Seemed like that was where the placeholder stuff really took over.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021

There is the scene where one of his clones get sent to the overworld and gets killed by an adventurer using a Skill he cannot fathom. It helps establish the incredibly narrow scope of his powers.
He reminds me more of those MCs who isekai with a cheat of infinite mana. Overwhelming amounts of energy, but you need to learn how to use it.
Naruto is also a good example. Nigh infinite chakra amount thanks to Kuruma, but that is not the same as combat skill.

However... he did pretty easily overcome the personal guard of the queen. which sends the message of him being a total combat powerhouse. Should probably have tweaked it so that he uses guile on her instead of brute force

Jun 27, 2018
Was having some trouble getting it running under wine ( black screen, happens in some games, esp using newer apis ).

I noticed that it had an index.html in the root, and that the code was generally just javascript. So I tried loading that with a browser.

It failed, but only because filesystem paths can't do xmlhttprequests. So I just ran a local server using `python3 -m http.server 8080` and it appears to run fine in the browser.

Unless I run into something unexpected, it seems the exe is just a local browser, electron or similar.

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
There is the scene where one of his clones get sent to the overworld and gets killed by an adventurer using a Skill he cannot fathom. It helps establish the incredibly narrow scope of his powers.
He reminds me more of those MCs who isekai with a cheat of infinite mana. Overwhelming amounts of energy, but you need to learn how to use it.
Naruto is also a good example. Nigh infinite chakra amount thanks to Kuruma, but that is not the same as combat skill.

However... he did pretty easily overcome the personal guard of the queen. which sends the message of him being a total combat powerhouse. Should probably have tweaked it so that he uses guile on her instead of brute force
He didn't overpower the bodyguard physically, he did so through mental attacks (which she resisted until he took advantage of her desires), same with the queen. After mind controlling the expedition Anu finds that the act of mind controlling individuals damages their minds, making them pliable but dumber. All future acts of domination take into account the usefulness of the individual, are they disposable trash? Mind control them. Are they valuable leaders of the city? Find leverage and manipulate them through words and actions.

Mind control in this game is overpowered, if the victim is not resistant to it, if they fail to resist it, they are forever weighed down by this mental attack. Using it often is to costly, thus a boring story crutch is abandoned (but not entirely).

Additionally I have plans to add more resistances and weaknesses to certain damage types, and skills will focus on amplifying base damage types/resistances/dodge chances. Combat will revolve less around total level, and more so around skill mastery, which is leveled up through practice (skills level up after using them enough times).

I'm trying to balance the act of telling the story of an overpowered protagonist, while keeping it from being boring and overly simple. Example: Big monster shows up; I cast win, I win now, yay.

I feel the worm encounter has given players the wrong impression, Anu can beat powerful dumb enemies easily; he beats them with experience, cause he's the biggest, most powerful dumb guy in the caves. Later on the player will encounter demons, the weakest of which have powerful resistances and skills.

Also, Drow are a weak slave race created by the Primevil demon god, they're failed experiments discarded and forgotten, not even fit to be slaves of the current demon lords reigning in the Nether. Anu fucking their shit up surprises none of the truly powerful.

Reactions: Konstantinus

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
He didn't overpower the bodyguard physically, he did so through mental attacks (which she resisted until he took advantage of her desires), same with the queen. After mind controlling the expedition Anu finds that the act of mind controlling individuals damages their minds, making them pliable but dumber. All future acts of domination take into account the usefulness of the individual, are they disposable trash? Mind control them. Are they valuable leaders of the city? Find leverage and manipulate them through words and actions.
I guess, but its not really show that she was his physical superior. Also afterwards in the worm encounter she specifically mentions she is useless as a bodyguard because he is so vastly above her in strength
I think some minor tweaks to the dialog there could make things clearer
I feel the worm encounter has given players the wrong impression, Anu can beat powerful dumb enemies easily; he beats them with experience, cause he's the biggest, most powerful dumb guy in the caves. Later on the player will encounter demons, the weakest of which have powerful resistances and skills.
well, to start with he explodes their brains instead of using a mental attack against them. And then explains how it works in terms of explosive psionic energy without clarifying that he could not do it to someone with the intellect to resist.
This gives the impression that he can literally explode the brains of anyone who threatens him. Completely ignoring any defenses they have.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Hmm, all I could comment on that is that just because something is dumb doesn't mean that it isn't dangerous. A bear doesn't need to be skilled or know how to use a gun to fuck up your day. Humans need skill to fight other humans, or to survive against animals that are naturally dangerous. We have tutorials for how to deal with bears and other wild animals and such because most people don't naturally know how to survive those encounters. Basically intelligence alone doesn't help us against wild animals. So yeah, I'd say maybe add a better skill check to him early on? I've heard he eventually gets one, but it does paint a certain picture to be able to take down a bunch of powerful enemies so easily, regardless of their intelligence.

As mrttao mentioned as well, the way the MC describes the attack against the worms adds more problems. It sounded way more powerful and generally useful against anything than you intended it to be, judging by your message here, lol.

Also, Drow are a weak slave race created by the Primevil demon god, they're failed experiments discarded and forgotten, not even fit to be slaves of the current demon lords reigning in the Nether. Anu fucking their shit up surprises none of the truly powerful.
That's one issue with mental attacks, the resistance is all non visual and up to the story teller to decide on. None of it is "common sense" like a physical attack can be. It's not as clear as: "This monster has armored scales, so my sword can't pierce through them normally". There's no indication that the Drows are mentally weak initially. If anything, I got the impression the mind tentacle dudes at the start being easy pickings for the MCs information absorption was a sign that there wouldn't be much that could deal with his mental powers. So there could be an issue with how shit is set up even that early from the player's perspective. Mind control and absorbing thoughts/memories from peeps seem like they'd be the same resistance type, "Mental resistance". You'd assume the dudes who can read thoughts and mind control peeps would have more mental resistance than some random ass elfs without those powers.

If there's a reason his mind powers don't work like his info absorption, that should be explained sooner/better to clear up misunderstandings. I know it's easy to not make the info absorption not be a mental attack, but you have to consider what the player will take from the information they're given about the abilities (Or lack of explanation). In most rpgs, those two types of abilities are usually considered the same damage type and I didn't see anything in the early dialogue to dispute that. That's a lesser issue anyways, but just a reminder about that kind of stuff. This game has a lot of shit that needs explaining early on lol.

Last edited:

NekoRush

Aug 25, 2017
What happen with making a better furnace? Nothing came of it and it should of stopped us from making higher tier ingots. Plus what's the point in learning magic if we have nothing to fight to level it up. Still would like to see some actual sex images added to the scene in the future because it's still kind of blain for and erotic game. Would of liked to read some of the law books to make better decisions. Example being the first case of theft because we the situation mute. I cant decide if I should give the man the pouch since though he did find it, he makes no claim to it. So is it finders keepers or does the city take as lost and found.

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Hmm, all I could comment on that is that just because something is dumb doesn't mean that it isn't dangerous. A bear doesn't need to be skilled or know how to use a gun to fuck up your day. Humans need skill to fight other humans, or to survive against animals that are naturally dangerous. We have tutorials for how to deal with bears and other wild animals and such because most people don't naturally know how to survive those encounters. Basically intelligence alone doesn't help us against wild animals. So yeah, I'd say maybe add a better skill check to him early on? I've heard he eventually gets one, but it does paint a certain picture to be able to take down a bunch of powerful enemies so easily, regardless of their intelligence.

As mrttao mentioned as well, the way the MC describes the attack against the worms adds more problems. It sounded way more powerful and generally useful against anything than you intended it to be, judging by your message here, lol.
To clarify what i'm trying to say: skills multiply power, thus powerful things hit harder, dodge faster, tank better. The worm battle is meant to express that Anu is fuck tons powerful when up against enemies that have no skills that multiply attack or defence powers. Later on Anu can challenge Niza the Djinn trapped in the magic lamp, she wreaks him with skills that multiply her attack, dodge, accuracy, and counterattack powers.

That's one issue with mental attacks, the resistance is all non visual and up to the story teller to decide on. None of it is "common sense" like a physical attack can be. It's not as clear as: "This monster has armored scales, so my sword can't pierce through them normally". There's no indication that the Drows are mentally weak initially. If anything, I got the impression the mind tentacle dudes at the start being easy pickings for the MCs information absorption was a sign that there wouldn't be much that could deal with his mental powers. So there could be an issue with how shit is set up even that early from the player's perspective. Mind control and absorbing thoughts/memories from peeps seem like they'd be the same resistance type, "Mental resistance". You'd assume the dudes who can read thoughts and mind control peeps would have more mental resistance than some random ass elfs without those powers.

If there's a reason his mind powers don't work like his info absorption, that should be explained sooner/better to clear up misunderstandings. I know it's easy to not make the info absorption not be a mental attack, but you have to consider what the player will take from the information they're given about the abilities (Or lack of explanation). In most rpgs, those two types of abilities are usually considered the same damage type and I didn't see anything in the early dialogue to dispute that. That's a lesser issue anyways, but just a reminder about that kind of stuff. This game has a lot of shit that needs explaining early on lol.
Omni the slime absorbs powers when devouring things, and gains mental powers from the Penumbra, but is using physical attacks to kill them. Anu is not a slime, but a copy that emulates drow and penumbra physiology, Anu and Omni absorb information mentally, but only surface layer thoughts, like language or desires. There is a danger to over explaining details to the player all at once: "Show, don't tell," is a common lesson for writers, stories are better when they explain things through actions, take Genndy Tartakovsky's "Primal" cartoon show. No dialogue, but lots of details to interpret meaning from.

My goal is to explain intricate details like Anu and Omni's powers and weaknesses gradually, when appropriate, but to provide evidence for the player to make their own interpretations of what's going on. The danger of being confusing for players is the price I'm forced to pay.

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes