Ren'Py - Abandoned - On My Own [v0.0.6] [Slonique]

1. 1.00 star(s)

madasahatter

VERSION: 0.0.6

On My Own aptly demonstrates that a concept and models alone are insufficient to comprise a genuine game, no matter how simplistic the underlying mechanics. Here, the gameplay could not be any simpler, nor more mundane and tiresome.

The protagonist, ostensibly, bears some relation to Sandra, the primary female featured so prominently in the promotional art, with whom he shares a home; as such, the game permits you to routinely peep on her while she is dressing or bathing, neither of which has any affect apart from forcing you to sit through some droll dialogue in which she catches you, curses, then demands you leave. Mind, this exact sequence will occur whether it is your first or four-hundredth time viewing it... and that, in so many words, is true of every other aspect of the game.

In order to engage in any sexual activity, either with Sandra or the other female character whom you'll see at the college campus, you must increase their corruption value by, essentially, abusing them. You begin each morning with an extremely limited pool of energy, which can be increased by performing physical exercise either in your room or at the college pool, either of which modifies your strength value by one point, thus contributing one additional point to your overall energy the next morning.

You'll spend the first in-game week clicking "perform push-ups" and "swim a lap" five or six times daily until you've accumulated enough strength that your energy score allows you to repeat those tasks seven times daily; repeat until you have sufficient energy to do so eight or nine times a day. Once you've done so at least fifty times, you'll now have sufficient energy to consider tackling the women's corruption.

The first step, as noted earlier, is to wait in the kitchen until Sandra appears. You can waste 20 energy fixing her a cup of coffee, then ejaculating into it, such that she'll drink your cum-java concoction (or, more often than not, dump it down the drain after complaining about the flavor) and increase her score by one point, but clever players will merely hit "wait" and proceed to "slap her ass" ten times, each selection demanding you click through the same dialogue sequence and netting you one point apiece. Congratulations, you've now increased her corruption score by 10 points and expended all your energy for the day. Go to your room and sleep.

Now, repeat this process twenty times and you'll be able to watch a series of three still images in which Sandra is forced to give the protagonist a handjob. After you've completed the corruption-raising clickathon twenty-five times, you can alter the scene by selecting an option (for another 10 energy) in which you'll cum on Sandra.

Thirty times and you'll open up a series of blowjob images.

Thirty-five and you'll cease clicking "slap her ass," now repeating "flip up her skirt" instead. Four lines of dialogue and 10 energy later, you can repeat it again for one more corruption point.

By the forty-fifth time, you'll have unlocked static images in which Sandra does some deepthroating and you can cum in her mouth. She'll loathe the experience, even remarking as much, but you've earned it.

Repeat fifty times: still images of sex.

Repeat sixty times, now she's forced to "show me your tits" and you have five lines of dialogue for one additional corruption point.

Seventy times and the full suite of sex options are available. That means two new images, corresponding to grabbing her hair and slapping her as you copulate.

By the eightieth time, you'll unlock anal sex.

Ninety times and you'll finally be able to force her into rough anal.

Congratulations, you've now seen all the content in this "game" and all that remains is to pray your mouse can withstand a similar onslaught as there's still that other girl at school. That is, provided the hateful manner in which you behave hasn't eroded your desire to interact with these women.

Therein lies, in this reviewer's opinion, the prevailing flaw of On My Own: the protagonist's attempts at corrupting the women into serving him is vile. There's no seduction, no emotion save for selfish desire. This isn't the story of an irresistable sexual god, a youth in possession of a mind-altering substance, imbued with magical powers nor some debonair charm, this is the story of an abusive young man who humiliates women until they consent. This is a narrow-minded, hateful approach and, as such, I cannot articulate how glad I am that it's abandoned.

GRAPHICS ------------------------------------------------------ 6 / 10
    + The model used for Sandra is gorgeous, easily outclassing the male model and that of the other female.
    - The inferior quality of the male model is apparent when paired with Sandra in a scene; the contrast between them shatters any semblance of immersion, as it appears like some sort of collage.
    - Backgrounds are of inconsistent quality and lighting changes display rendering artifacts.

DIALOGUE ------------------------------------------------------ 4 / 10
    - Choppy, poorly articulated sentences that do little to convey any semblance of an underlying personality.
    - No overarching narrative or character growth, despite the pretense.
    - Options are limited to spiteful, sexually-objectifying interactions that demean the female cast.

GAMEPLAY ----------------------------------------------------- 1 / 10
    - Woefully burdensome grind to unlock meaningful erotic interactions; requires hundreds of clicks to acquire the ability to continue clicking, hundreds of times more, in order to raise a "Corruption" score sufficiently to enjoy a single adult-oriented scene.
    - No time-saving or quality-of-life measures; no consideration for the player's time with skip-mechanics or exponential increases.

INNOVATION -------------------------------------------------- 3 / 10
    - Interface elements are poorly spaced and require excessive movement of the mouse.
    - Saving is prohibited, frequently, throughout the game.
    - Interaction is limited to button-pressing alone, no environmental prompts.

SCORE ======================================= 14 / 40
    UNFINISHED, UNWORTHY AND OFTEN UNBEARABLE
    On My Own is a tedious affair whose solitary redeeming aspect, the model used to represent Sandra, is employed in service of a loathsome narrative that concludes with a bitter anticlimax. A few decent renders scarcely compensate for the onerous grind required to see them. If you're desperate, rip the CGs and play with them on your own.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUE: Play through the entire scenario yourself and, if you become bored or listless while attempting to reach a new scene, understand that your players will have attained that mindset well in advance. Adjust your pacing accordingly. Do not commit to including additional characters until you've completed a single one; placeholder flags are frustrating, particularly when a project ends up abandoned.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Goblin Baily: DILF

this is a grindfest, you just click on actions to increse sandra's corruption. if you reach 60 points you may get a handjob... which means you have to spy on her for 60 times which means 600 energy points and that's assuming you won't do anything else. there's no story in this! you just grind to unlock sex scenes, and then you grind some more to unlock more options in the sex menu
  3. 2.00 star(s)

WantFuckMyAunt

its pretty boring. nice renders but there isnt much content yet. waiting for them to go a bit further into the story and maybe make it a little harder to get her to do things with you. maybe in the future i will revisit this game and see the progress
  4. 5.00 star(s)

XqctaX

im so happy this game is back in development, i think im gonna become a patreon if this gets a steady stream of updates! great start/demo now lets see if the content adds up in the future. no bugs great art/design. and i like the setting/storyplot
  5. 3.00 star(s)

rhev

Nice renders and I like that I don't have to play 'search for the hidden thing to click on" with the inclusion of bright blue buttons.

But in the current 0.3 build there's not much in the way of content or story. In fact the preview images in this thread actually show content that isn't even in the game yet. >_<

I think potentially could be great down the line and if this version is designed to show the potential of the game, it's pretty good. But on the other hand for right now I'd wait for a later version with more content then 0.3 offers.