VN Ren'Py One Lie [Wooden Donkeys] Development thread.

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Main menu.jpg

Welcome. For now this is a development and discussion thread for our game, One lie.

The game is about two lifelong friends. Julie (you’ll have a chance to give her a different name.) makes a mistake that causes Mike (you will be playing him and are given a chance to name him) to end their friendship and leave the town where they have lived all their lives.
Julie cannot just let it end this way because she does love him. She makes a decision to chase after him with a hope that he will at least forgive her for her mistake and maybe more.
You, as Mike, will have to discover what you feel for Julie.​

Game thread: One lie
Developer: Wooden Donkeys / /
Censored: No
Version: - N/A
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Planned future tags:

This is our first game. It is also the first time I am making “artwork”. I am still learning Daz3D so there will be some very questionable renders. Animations are beyond my current abilities so I am looking for someone to premake them for me, I can do the rendering myself.

The game will be fairly short (4 chapters planned), for now, and is very heavy on dialogue. Although it will contain sex scenes it will not concentrate on that. There will be a few possible endings. I did cut out the “bad” ending. It just did not suit the people in the story and is also something I just did not want in the game.

Original plan was a much larger game, but I decided to cut content because I want to finish the game. Especially because this is my first time making art. I did not want to overwhelm myself with work and end up abandoning the project. We plan on releasing cut content after we finish the game. It will be added to the game, adding more choices and a longer story to play through. The “bad” ending will not be restored, however.

Here are some images from the game (I am about a third in with images):
27.jpg FC Shannon 8.png MC bar 7.png MC meets Anh 15.png MC uni 3.png MC meets Anh 9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Reifon

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
With this kind of set up, the usual routes are forgiveness (simpy romance) vs cutting ties/talking shit/not pursuing LI.

I think using her guilt to manipulate her into being a submissive plaything would be the most fun, but we never get this kind of route.

Maybe I'm just a rapey player lol.

Anyways, I'm not saying you need to do this, it just came to mind after reading the overview. Good luck on your game.

Reactions: str8up and Vollezar

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Art is pretty much done. I just have to do a few images for the sex scene. I am waiting for another person to pose an animation for me, but if that does not work out I'll have a back up of just images for the scene ready.
The image quality is going to be all over the place. As I said, I only started using Daz about 4 weeks ago and have never done anything of the sort before. Mostly it's the lighting that I have problems figuring out, but I am getting there.
From here all that's left, really, is doing another round of proofreading and finish coding.

Our coder has already coded most of the things in, but because of the last minute changes to the script and images there are some things he'll have to redo.
Have to Thank all the people involved. I don't think I would have gotten this far without them. Thanks guys. A lot.
Here are a few more examples:
FC at uni 14.png FC at uni 28.png FC dorm eve 5.png FC dorm eve 15.png MC at cafe 15.png MC at cafe 29.png

Reactions: Reifon

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
All of the art is done now. So here is a 4K version of one of the shots. NSFW warning.

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
We are now in beta stage. Not much to correct as it turns out. Thankfully.
Once again I want to point out that this is the first time I am making images so there are some quality issues. I did my best but I am just too inexperienced to spot every mistake until it's too late.
Expecting to release the final version of Prologue next week.