VN Unity Abandoned OnePieceTales: The Maiden Island [v0.1] [Dark King Rayleigh]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Emojis

Jul 18, 2017
it is about getting the treasure. that's the whole story. everything else is character development, like in the old final fantasy games.
Yeah no.. by reading your previous post.. you clearly aren't caught up to one piece and don't really know what is happening in the story atm. The story is truly about the journey and the hardships that the crew has to overcome with great back stories and character development. I just keep at that because I ain't about to discuss some anime when i'm tryna beat my meat.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
it is about getting the treasure. that's the whole story. everything else is character development, like in the old final fantasy games.
The journey is the goal. While the treasure is not just an idea (Oda confirmed as much in an SBS, I believe), it's probably something much more important than could be measured by its monetary value. And it's primary goal was surely to set the whole pirate age in motion
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. A lot has been hinted and foreshadowed in that regard already, starting with the Alabasta arc.

And showing those other crews, countries and characters is important for the world building. It shows that the One Piece world is very much alive, with people living their everyday lifes, having their own problems and countries with different politics. Things don't solely get set in motion because of the protagonists. Such lack of world building is why a series like Bleach, which used to be part of the "Big Three" manga series, eventually fell flat and got cancelled after so many years.

Personally, I enjoy every every new arc of One Piece. It's incredible what a single author can imagine and how he can still surprise people after so many years. Especially considering that he's also a master of foreshadowing, where he puts some small seemingly unimportant details into the story that suddenly become relevant (or could at least be traced back) several hundreds of chapters and episodes later. Back then he must have already had planned out the parts of the story that he would write 5-10 years later.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
a lot of comments about the "art style"
It's not a style.. it's just bad. He literally just opened MS Paint and painted a bunch of squiggly lines.
If this is a Style, then im Leonardo Da Vinci

Reactions: dexterdx

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
well in the first season the story was about finding the damn treasure. everything just developed around it (which is totally fine and i quite liked it that way), but in the following seasons it suddenly wasn't about the treasure anymore. it was only about checking out new places and fighting off random dudes that just appeared to be there and became a threat. and that appeared in every god damn episode i watched. the gang was just on a random place and was fighting with someone that doesn't have anything to do with the treasure or the journey itself. it's like they let a computer throw some dices to write the episodes for them. one dice for how the island will look like and the other for how the enemy will look like. and it didn't matter at all that they win the fight, 'cause they didn't progress their journey at all. in the next episode they were already on a new god damn island just metres away from the last one and ofc were fighting again... episode after episode. sry one piece fans, but that's just how i see the serie. for me it's just milking the serie dry, which is pitty in my eyes, 'cause i did see potential in the story (btw. it's totally fine for me if you like the serie, but i just lost faith in it and began watching other stuff).

by the way, we are talking more about the serie than about the game, aren't we? XD

Reactions: generater

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
So not only is the art......questionable, the pictures in the op are quite literally all the content in the game atm. Its bad even for an intro.

Reactions: cooldude33

nanoviolence

May 5, 2017
This is quickly becoming a discussion thread about One Piece, it seems.
Because sadly talking about One Piece is more interesting then this hot mess. I find Naruto more interesting then OP......and I hate Naruto. Shows you how bad this game seems to be.

Reactions: dexterdx

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Uhm....Where id I put that screwdriver? I have this strange urge to pop my eyeball out....

Reactions: cooldude33

dexterdx

Sep 5, 2017
Because sadly talking about One Piece is more interesting then this hot mess. I find Naruto more interesting then OP......and I hate Naruto. Shows you how bad this game seems to be.
And I completely agree with you on this.
Your comment could have easily been written by me.

Pal_

Jul 13, 2017
i personally loved the very first season of the series, only with the 4 main characters. but after the first season it really got worse and worse and worse. many new characters suddenly joining the gang, the story itself is stuck, 'cause even though they go on searching for the treasure, they never fucking come closer to it ('cause otherwhise the series would actually be finished if they find it and the creator couldn't milk his fan base anymore).
Offtopic:
have to disagree. One Piece is in my opinion the best manga out there. It has 909 chapters and it will have at least ten more years until the story is finished. I´m completely intrigued in the story of One Piece. Some mysterious things, that suddenly become important 300 - 500 chapters later. Some things, that suddenly have a meaning years later and the transition from real world to One Piece World (ahem racism -> fishman etc.) is outstanding. Can recommend everyone to read it. First it is childish, but after more and more chapters you´ll dive into the story (not talking about the anime, because it´s all in all shit today compared to the manga)

zephyr1983

Jun 26, 2018
me I like one piece, so a parody could have been interesting but the quality of the pictures spoils all, my son of 10 years draws better than that

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote