VN - Others - Completed - Onigokko! [Final] [ALcot]

1. 4.00 star(s)

dnm13

8 out of 10

It's a great and fun read.
    The story is either hit or miss. It's a full hit for me, and it feels like each route is quite long (it branched on rather early stage in my opinion), so it feels quite satisfying per route.

Minus 2 score here for outdated resolution quality (800 x 600). It's acceptable for me but I don't think it is for this time of age.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Sole

The first third of the game(common route) is pure comedy, rather hit or miss, I personally really liked it quite a bit but yeah, the style of comedy never changes and will be sprinkled in lightly through out the rest of the game, if you like it great if not than yeah... 10/10

The second third(route selection) is just "flirting", the protag calls the girls cute, they blush, and repeat. Until the protagonist does something random that somehow sets in motion his "romance" with a heroine. Sometimes boring sometimes fun, mindless slice of life content. 7/10

the final third(stupid malicious mean-spirited drama played off as wholesomeness/growth) the mc gets to play "hero" thanks to the game's mc centric morality system, then gets his happy end. 3/10

I would recommend that people mute sound effects, there are rarely any anyway and there's a really disgusting sounding gulping sound effect that gets constantly played whenever the MC gets really aroused.

In my opinion, the sex scenes suck since they're just placed at the worst possible moments, more so a reward for putting up with the drama than anything romantic or sexy. expect to basically always be completely turned off right before the scenes or for the scenes to just play one after the other with obnoxious frequency(just brief scenes in betwean) for the sake of cramming them all in at the end before the route ends, if there's any proper build up to a sex scene expect to have it ruined by unnecessary drama(not necessarily interrupted just ruined, but that does happen too).

I don't know, I loved the first half, but felt completely numb/bored by the second, the sex scenes looked great but were nothing special and felt forced/in the way, due to when in the story they take place(plenty of times prior/after they would've been great, but no.)

Just a fair warning the mc is super manipulative in the second half, but is portrayed as super selfless and un-manipulative. It's mind numbing, but not necessarily bad enough to ruin the game.(not yandere levels, just self righteous hypocrite hero levels).