Opinion on "defeat rape"?

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
I'm not really opposed to the idea. I play these types of games. Although it defiantly feels like a mechanic that contradicts with rest of the game. Most of the rape on defeat games i played were 2D sidescrollers, so i would be writing specifically about those here.

My first gripe with these types of games is - you have to be INTENTIONALY bad at the game to see the H-content, which implies that the game is easy, and many of them are. Resulting in a game that end up not rewarding you at all, you getting punished by a game over for watching H-content, and you don't get any satisfaction for winning since there wasn't even any challenge to it.
I believe that making these games be actually hard and challenging(maybe even a bit unfair) would be a good start. You would actually be able to see most of the H-content naturally, not by pretending to be a game journalist. It would also make more sense, like its a game where one of main points is your MC gets dominated by enemies, and yet the enemies are pathetic and pose no real threat, whenever you destroy the enemies or they destroy your ass is 100% in your control almost all of the times. It shouldn't be like that.
Like not a bad example is a game "Sinisistar" while not really that hard, it provided enough challenge for me to see most of the scenes without intentionally losing. It also had very generous checkpoints, making losing a lot, less frustrating.

Second thing is - Many of these games are in some way feels like "virgin runs" no matter what, since no matter how many times you did lose, none of that actually happened, you just respawn earlier in time and that's all. Yeah that's a "bad end" but if that's all the game has in terms of H-content it's kinda lame. Many games implement some variations of grab attacks that end up in sex without a game over, it's cool, but it usually is the only other game over alternative.
Again in "Sinisistar" there were some levels that had a cool mechanic where if you lose you get captured and fucked, but can escape a couple of times before the real bad end, something like a "lives" mechanic. It's a cool feature i definitely want to see more in games. "Iris in Labyrinth of Demons" don't have bad endings, but it has pregnancy mechanic, so each time you lose, it has some consequence, and you know it actually happened.
also "captivity" gave cosmetic items for losing a run if you met certain conditions while playing, which is nice and shows that there are ways to give something back to the player even if they lost. But losing in that game is always inevitable, so it was kinda built differently.
Also some games make that while you are in H-scene that are not an instant game over, you gradually lose HP unless you break free, or something similar to that. Don't do that. That is just very lame, and actually punishing you for watching sex scenes.

And last, i don't know why but it feels like many devs making these games really don't want to experiment with H-mechanics, if you played one such game, you played many of them. The combat and other things may be different, it can be an RPG or metroidvania or just more classic action platformer. But everything regarding to sex stays almost the same, made by same formula. Which kinda sucks. Since this formula is quite flawed, would be nice to see more games deviate or take their own unique spin on it instead of just copying same ideas.

Last edited: