Opinions on the "creepiness" of a theme?

What do?

• Keep the theme

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Keep the theme, but try to make it non-creepy

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Change to alternate dimension

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Change to fantasy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change to something else

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
I think that you shouldn't focus as much on the concept being "creepy" or not. Being locked in a confined space in a rift between worlds would be creepy even with no sexual non consensual stuff going on, after all.
The parameter that I think would serve you best is related to what kind of experience you want the game to provide.
What's the theme? Romance? Male domination? Corruption? Female domination? The kind of fantasy you want to fulfill defines the choices you should make. If you want to go full male domination and corruption of course psionic coercion and rape are possible tools. Are they creepy? Yes, in the real world, but this is a game and if the fantasy it appeals to is a criminal sexual fantasy it's a legit way to deliver it. If you go for a harem vibe but with romantic themes, it's the opposite, you don't want those things because coercion doesn't pair with romance.
So choose your target fantasy and then select the tools to deliver it, regardless of real life connotations of those acts.

Kamishirov

Sep 22, 2023
Why not have the yard outside the house be an area they can visit too with sunlight and everything so the girls could sunbathe in beautiful bikinis?

You could also have this girl who refuses to leave the basement so you have to show her some loving to get her to come outside.

A lot of creepy dudes irl who have trapped women in their houses gave them some supervised outside time anyway, need that Vitamin D.

I'm thinking about that episode from Star Trek where they go to that planet with old people and they've got a house, garden, white picket fence, the whole shebang.