RPGM Original Walker : Prologue

VEHX

Jun 14, 2018
Title: Original Walker: Prologue
Developer website:
Language: Chinese
Samples:

If anyone of you would like to have a crack at it, that would be great.

The game is a standard RPG, kill monsters get exp and gold. The developer is a Chinese though I can't find more info on the guy. Interestingly enough this is one of those H-RPGs that made it to STEAM.

Tried it myself since I know Chinese but am rusty at it, and I have to say that the artwork is pretty good. But that is where the good part ends.

The game also have a significant puzzle aspect to it as well. And oh boy, I tell you if you aren't proficient at puzzle solving you are gonna tear your hair out in rage. What makes it worst is that puzzle solving is intrinsically link to game progression. So if you can't solve the puzzle you are stuck period. The game has it all, sliding puzzle, tile puzzle, code puzzle where you have to guess numbers based on vague hints.

The game is also long winded and boring, at times you will be traversing the map with no idea where your next objective is. The story is also all over the place, that or my Chinese is really bad.

I basically gave up at the second arc of the game when the puzzles started to get downright ridiculous to solve.

And then there is the bugs where it has them in spades. My last playthrough had a ost stuck in a perpetual loop that was infuriating after 4 hours into the game.

But still I hope that there is someone out there who can translate this into English so I can have a proper crack at it.

Reactions: Rubius

Dampfkochtopf

Dec 30, 2019
good luck, whoever wants to translate it. i tried to translate it directly to english, but it got terribly unreadable even with deepl or sugoi. and not only that, only nearly 10% of the text got translated, even after multiple tries. the rest are some strange words mixed with kanji.

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
I think it's not even on steam now..

actually looking more into it, I think steam did a bit of a chinese game wipe/nuke..
all of the games are gone:

Last edited: