5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 2: Diner Concept Art Sketches (Patreon)

Here's another design sketch process! These were the two options the background artist made for the "Diner Table" exterior background. Both technically would've worked, so in the end I chose the one that I thought looked more charming, haha.

Version A is the one that ended up in the actual game ✨

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
Our Life 2: Diner Concept Art Sketches (Patreon)

Here's another design sketch process! These were the two options the background artist made for the "Diner Table" exterior background. Both technically would've worked, so in the end I chose the one that I thought looked more charming, haha.

Version A is the one that ended up in the actual game ✨
That B version is definitely giving me some weird nostalgia for those kinda cheap roadside diners out in the middle of nowhere (at least where I live)

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 2: Step 2 Prologue Preview Script Snippet

So, this is a new kind of post around here, haha. It's a preview of the script itself! This lets me show more of a scene than screenshots could. Let me know if you'd like to keep seeing these as part of the update rotation throughout OL:N&F's development or if it'd be better to share story things in screenshot form only.

Also, here's the text not in image form, if that makes it easier to read:
“The transition of seasons brought about an entirely different atmosphere. There were sights and sounds and feelings that could only happen during a few months, before they were gone for a year.”

“Other familiarities were lost to time for good, never to come back, but instead for their absence to eventually become old in their own right.”

“You knew that acorns were beginning to fall along with the leaves, and that Bob’s Barber Shop on Main Street closed eight months ago, and that everyday there was a new rumor on what was going to replace it.”

“Nothing concrete had been announced yet, but any day now for sure.”

“Mrs. Baumann was stubbornly convinced it’d be a restaurant- an Italian restaurant. The town needed one of those, she would insist.”

“Yeah, that was less about what she thoughtwould actually happen and more what she wished would come to be.”

“Circumstances were never as perfectly straightforward as stuff that was the “same” and things that were “different”, or what you could be “certain of” and what you were “believing in”.”

“You could have a piece of your world that had been ever-present, something that hadn’t gone away for a moment, yet right before your eyes it could stop being what you’d originally known.”

“The example that came to your mind, that you had been imagining from the beginning, was your left and right next-door neighbors.”

“Both Qiu and Tamarack were the same people you’d seen basically every day for four years.”

“No single one of those days did you decide they weren’t Tamarack or Qiu anymore. Of course, they always were literally who they were.”

“But after everything they’d learned and seen and from the basic concept of getting older, the two were pulled into certain… directions. Little by little. It couldn’t be caught looking back a week, or a month.”

“Still, if you paused to remember them from your first meetings and compared that to who you expected to encounter that day, you could see it clearly- starkly.”

“They had changed.”

Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
Our Life 2: Type-In Feature Update

Shawna implemented a very fancy new way of letting people add their own information into the story and now it'll be possible to input more complicated details we couldn't add using the normal choices/flag system ✨

The prologue will be updated to allow you to determine exactly where you moved from, your race, and your nationality heritage! You can't talk about it with the other characters then, however Moments will be written with this feature in mind. So scenes are going to come up eventually where you can share with Tamarack and Qiu your own culture or let them know your family comes from the same place as one of them.

And this feature will be used for various other things, too.
1694636786586.png

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 2: Main Street Concept Art Sketches

Thank you for all the birthday wishes yesterday ️! It was really sweet. Now here's the normal post for today-

This is the original concept work for for the main street of Golden Grove. Two perspective options were created.

We decided to have the visual showing the entire street with the whole arch over the road made into a real background. But we also had a second, close up version of this location made. Though, option B shown here wasn't used for that. The closer viewpoint was done from scratch later on.

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life: MC Doll Batch 21

It's been a long time since we've had one of these previews, haha. But now that Our Life: Now & Forever is truly our main game in production we can continue the development of the MC doll.

This most recent batch adds vitiligo as a skin tone option (those three tones in the sample aren't the only choices, there's six) and the first of the fancy cultural outfit options. Tamarack gets to dress up in a dress based on her Germany heritage, we recently announced how you'll be able to choose your own ethnicity, and therefore we should let the MC wear something traditional from where they're from. There will be a lot more where these come from!

Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
Our Life 2: Tamarack Halloween Costume (Step 1)

Happy holidays! Ho, ho, ho. It's very fitting for the current season, but doesn't exactly scream "Halloween". However, Tamarack dresses for the job she wants, and when she grows up she wants to be Santa Clause

Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
Our Life 2: Mrs. Baumann Halloween (Step 1)

Happy month of Halloween! Of course, with Now & Forever taking place in fall there's gonna be some fun Halloween activities in the game, which means costumes for the characters

Mrs. Baumann is happy to dress up and give the kids of the neighborhood a fun time, though Mr. Baumann still sticks with his usual look, haha.

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 2: Bonus Reward Images

Along with the one planned stretch goal, we're also gonna have two bonus goals going on for the upcoming Kickstarter campaign. It's based on how many individual people join, rather than a monetary goal.

If 3,000 back, then all supporters will get the game's trailer song along with any other rewards on their tier. And if 5,000 people pledge than everyone will also get the game's credit theme. So, yes, Our Life: Now & Forever has two special songs with full lyrics! The second game, with two leads, it just felt right, haha.

And what's cute about this image is that if the first goal is met, Qiu and Tamarack will change to their Step 2 versions. If both are met, they'll become their Step 3 versions! Hopefully we'll get there.

igg

Feb 25, 2018
Mark your calendars. The kickstarter date has been announced!

We have an official date for the Our Life: Now & Forever Kickstarter Campaign. It'll be going live October 10th, 2023 at 9am PST. Less than three weeks

An update to the game's public demo and the official trailer will be launching that same day. It's gonna be great ✨

Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
Our Life 2: Qiu Halloween Costume (Step 1)

Qiu goes out for the holiday as the cutest little grim reaper around. He'll come to harvest your soul very considerately ️

And, as you may recall, his mom dresses as an angel, his dad is a devil, and now Qiu is their little undertaker. It's a full family costume set!

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 2: Step 2 Prologue Preview Script Snippet 2

Continuing from the last screenshot I shared, I've got a script sample preview to share today! We've seen Qiu and Tamarack separately in Step 2 previews, now here they are together. Haha, oh boy.

Pure Text:
if tamarack came with:

tam “Will you quit it? I’m not gonna let any of us be late on the first day of school.”

“Things were getting desperate then and the clock was ticking.”

tam “Qiu, you are going to get off of that.”

if mc threw pebble earlier:

“She followed your lead and picked up an acorn. Tamarack tossed it at Qiu’s ever-vulnerable legs. It made contact, bouncing weakly off their left calf.”

“This was a combined assault purely in the goal of annoyance- and bother Qiu it did.”

qiu “Ah- what did I just say? What is with you two and throwing crap?”

if tam/mc were the same about something earlier:

tam “Me and [first_name]/[nickname] think the same way. You know that.”

if not:

tam “It works.”

####

if mc didn’t throw:

“When all else failed, she always had one option at her disposal- throwing things.”

“Tamarack picked up an acorn and tossed it at Qiu’s vulnerable legs. It made contact, bouncing weakly off their left calf.”

“This was an assault purely in the goal of annoyance- and bother Qiu it did.”

qiu “Ah- what is with you and throwing crap?”

tam “It works.”

#####

“She was already poised with a fresh twig in hand, daring Qiu to give her a reason to toss it. In that moment, Tamarack had become fearless. She would not hesitate.”

if mc praising/admiring towards her:

“It was incredible.”

####

tam “There’s a lot of stuff down here. [I/[first_name] and I] won’t run out of ammo for a hundred years.”

qiu “Yeah, and school will be over by then…”

###############

Klab040855

Mar 25, 2019
Our Life 2: Darren Murray Halloween Costume (Step 1)

Darren also gets a costume! She's technically Robin Hood because that's what was an option, but truthfully she wanted to be Link from Twilight Princess.
She? I thought Darren was a boy.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes