5.00 star(s) 10 Votes

iloveourlife

Apr 2, 2024
Yeah I think it'll just be like that one. It may be the culmination of MC's feelings and actions about moving, like how Cove's was. His was just running away and you couldn't stop him. MC couldn't ever change Cove's most core values and decisions, and that was one of them.

You can be sour about moving. You can be happy about it. You can be afraid. They will likely be options to reflect all of those.
Maybe one of those will be to run away (actually it would be good if there was one as that's a natural human response to situations they dislike anyways).

But Qiu and/or Tamarack will be there and have things to say and do to help MC. Whether or not they can actually help MC if there in a bad way is to be seen, they are just 10 years old after all. Qiu in the fort was a great example.
That's a really good take because it solves the problem I had with my own theory about the other aspect, like what if MC likes moving and likes staying in a golden groove? Why would they run away? And maybe since the moment's photocard is Tamarack's umbrella, the moment could start out with Tamarack sharing her feelings about moving, and then it causes the MC to reflect on their own feelings, which could sprail into whatever.

samthefanboi

Nov 15, 2021
Yeah I think it'll just be like that one. It may be the culmination of MC's feelings and actions about moving, like how Cove's was. His was just running away and you couldn't stop him.
I get the point but the thing with Cove was you could stop him, you could listen to him and let him get it out so he'll sleep together with you

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
That's a really good take because it solves the problem I had with my own theory about the other aspect, like what if MC likes moving and likes staying in a golden groove? Why would they run away? And maybe since the moment's photocard is Tamarack's umbrella, the moment could start out with Tamarack sharing her feelings about moving, and then it causes the MC to reflect on their own feelings, which could sprail into whatever.
Yeahh I mean, I guess it'd be similar to the sexuality/gender talk you can have with Cove in the first game, even if your character is cis or just was never unsure about the way they identify, the moment still gives you some time to think about it and express it, as well as give the love interest a chance to think about it/express it too.

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
maybe it could be like the step 1 moment from ol1 where cove ran away and the mc could try to run away if they are upset or something but I doubt they would do something twice like that. what does everyone else think?
I could see it being like this, especially given that YOU'RE the new kid this time. A lot of people can relate to the anxiety and feelings of moving to a new place far away from where you used to be, and how out of place you feel, especially when you're young. Unlike OL1 where it mostly encompassed you being along for the ride in everyone else's life, there's a lot more focus on you and personal freedom in the choices you make. But this would not only be a nice callback from OL1, but it'd be a good chance for people to handle the moving situation the way they personally would have, at least to whatever constraints GB Lady wrote it in. Some people, like Cove at that age would have been so desperate to get home they'd walk. I don't see why MC couldn't be the same.

Reactions: Dori-2 and ggezwux

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
I get the point but the thing with Cove was you could stop him, you could listen to him and let him get it out so he'll sleep together with you
You're thinking of the wrong moment. We were all talking about the Step 1 Moment where Cove runs away from home. To my knowledge, you can't stop him.

(And even the times you are thinking of in Step 3, you can't stop him leaving the bed the first time anyways. That's only after he gets overwhelmed once already, then he's willing to talk out his thoughts and feelings. And even then it's actually him meeting in the middle with MC that gets him past it.)

Reactions: ggezwux

radglare

Mar 24, 2023
1718372803243.png
OL2: Tamarack Apron Options (Step 1)
Tammy is borrowing her Omi's aprons! The reason there are two options is 'cause she lets you pick first. If you choose the one she normally wears, she'll have to go for her second favorite.
The one on the right is her preferred option
Artist: redridingheart

radglare

Mar 24, 2023
OL2: Trick-or-Treat Script Preview
[santa emojis]
What makes you think of trick-or-treating more than good old Saint Nicholas?

“The adults instantly resumed their chatting about work and the weather and, you didn’t know, something else starting with “w”? More words of wisdom, maybe.”
“A couple feet lower, in the realm ruled by kids, Tamarack popped out from behind her grandma.”

tam “Ho-ho-ho!”

“She chortled while dressed head to toe in a thick red suit with white fur trim that out-did Qiu’s hood. She had a matching hat to boot.”
“Thinking of that word, Tamarack tapped the big black boots on her feet, doing a festive jig.”
“On Halloween Eve Tamarack had come to the pumpkin patch dressed as… Santa Claus.”

qiu “Pff!”

“The shock, the insult, the blasphemy. For a handful of seconds, Mr. Qiu Lin was actually speechless.”

qiu “That is the wrong holiday, Tamarack. Christmas isn't until December! Halloween hasn’t even happened yet. And that’s not counting Thanksgiving.”

tam “You don’t dress up like Santa on Christmas. Only Santa looks like Santa.”

“That stopped Qiu flat. [He’d been frozen solid by her Christmas snow powers/She had a point.]” if doting/admiring or not

qiu “So… you’re telling me that’s your Halloween costume? Santa Claus?”

“That brought repulsion back to Qiu’s features. Using his beloved Halloween to celebrate the figures of a competing holiday was scarcely better than pretending it wasn’t Halloween at all.”
“Oblivious to Qiu’s strife, Tamarack did another hop. The dangly end of her hat bobbed with the motion.”

tam “Yes! Santa is the best person in the world. I wanna be just like him.”

“She jutted out her white gloved hands, lowered her stance and her voice, and changed that wish.”

tam “No. I want to be Santa Claus.”

“Qiu cracked a smile, perhaps wanting to save some of his horrified energy for the actual day of Halloween.”

if walks happened:
qiu “I guess you kind of are like Santa. You’ve got a bag filled with cool stuff and give gifts to other people.”
tam “Yeah! That’s right! I’m like Santa Claus. Someday I’m gonna be Santa Claus.”
####

if close with tam:
tam “And if I did become Santa, I’d make sure [first_name] and you got the most presents out of anyone. You’re welcome.”
“Tamarack rested her hands on her hips with the pride of a job well-done. She tilted up her chin for good measure.”
qiu “Aw, thanks.”
####

(sorry if the post is really long!! i wanted it to be easier to read so i chose the text version and spaced it out ^_^)

iloveourlife

Apr 2, 2024
I was wondering if anyone knew when the devs planned to post the June beta or if anyone had any guesses when they would. I think it might be the 20th, but what do you guys think? (Don't mind me being impatient; I'm just really excited for the game, and I can't help but anticipate when the beta will be uploaded. Plus, I kinda wanna make conversation since I don't know many people who like the game as much as me.

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
I was wondering if anyone knew when the devs planned to post the June beta or if anyone had any guesses when they would. I think it might be the 20th, but what do you guys think? (Don't mind me being impatient; I'm just really excited for the game, and I can't help but anticipate when the beta will be uploaded. Plus, I kinda wanna make conversation since I don't know many people who like the game as much as me.
Kab's been sick so it'll probably when they get around to feeling better, hopefully it's soon.

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
I can't wait for this next beta, this moment seems so fun.

iloveourlife

Apr 2, 2024
I can't wait for this next beta, this moment seems so fun.
It does plus, this is a bit random but the choice options where you act out your dare are so cool. Like I'm selectively mute and seeing the fact that you can play the game and continually pick an option where you say nothing is really nice. And what's even better is the fact that no one ever makes fun of you for it. Which is pretty refreshing to see.

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
It does plus, this is a bit random but the choice options where you act out your dare are so cool. Like I'm selectively mute and seeing the fact that you can play the game and continually pick an option where you say nothing is really nice. And what's even better is the fact that no one ever makes fun of you for it. Which is pretty refreshing to see.
I've noticed that, I feel like if you want you could play most, if not all of the game as non verbal.

Reactions: iloveourlife

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
View attachment 3767957 View attachment 3767959
OL2: Cut-In Batch Home (Step 1)
Qiu is gonna show you a photo album ️. His grandparents sent those pictures!
The phone isn't as instantly charming and special seeming, but it's used for something interesting.
Cut-In Artist: talentlesshuman
I had a phone like that. Was bright blue. Man I know I still have it but IDK where since I last moved.

5.00 star(s) 10 Votes