| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
No, it's just bad writing because for whatever reason Eva wanted to force a split between Cindy and Holly paths. You can see this in Cindy's surprised reaction to you choosing to go to Wade's birthday instead of to the book fair when she learns of it:

Python:
i "I even rejected an invitation to go to a book fair to be here tonight..."
$ fcindy = "blush"
c "You did that...? Your writing career is what you're most passionate about."
i "It is... But that doesn't mean that's the only thing I'm passionate about."

That it's handled poorly. Makes me wonder is EK moving story just on whim?:unsure::oops: considering how ORS is moving with all
  1. Stan's rework
  2. Robert ton of content
  3. Every character who appears in top in polls getting content (Latest Marcel example)
  4. Story going down the hill
  5. Character management
  6. Reskinning scenes A.K.A no Versatility hence, Laziness
  7. Bringing ton of characters from GGGB (IS this GGGB 2.0 or ORS:cautious::rolleyes:)
  8. Cameo character's getting full fledged sex scenes plus reserved places in story when original story characters are sidelined
  9. Original story characters getting shit in terms of content
And which direction the story is progressing? Heck the question should be WHAT IS THE STORY AT THIS POINT? SMH!:rolleyes:

Things are all over the place!

#HopeCH12

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019

That it's handled poorly. Makes me wonder is EK moving story just on whim?:unsure::oops: considering how ORS is moving with all
  1. Stan's rework
  2. Robert ton of content
  3. Every character who appears in top in polls getting content (Latest Marcel example)
  4. Story going down the hill
  5. Character management
  6. Reskinning scenes A.K.A no Versatility hence, Laziness
  7. Bringing ton of characters from GGGB (IS this GGGB 2.0 or ORS:cautious::rolleyes:)
  8. Cameo character's getting full fledged sex scenes plus reserved places in story when original story characters are sidelined
  9. Original story characters getting shit in terms of content
And which direction the story is progressing? Heck the question should be WHAT IS THE STORY AT THIS POINT? SMH!:rolleyes:

Things are all over the place!

#HopeCH12
I don't feel as negative as you do about the game. It's one thing plain bad writing when you make characters act OOC and even totally opposite to their reaction to the same thing like in Cindy's case because you want to force the story to go in a certain way. And it's another thing a dev making choices for the story or the development that you as a player disagree with or strongly dislike and I somewhat agree with some of your points:
  1. I didn't play the game before Stan's rework. It's difficult to imagine he was even worse, but plenty of people seem to enjoy the character now. But it really doesn't impact my enjoyment of the game.

2. Your point 2 and 3 are kind of contradictory. You don't like popularity in polls to be a factor but you also don't like that an unpopular character like Robert gets plenty of content despite that. I think the issue is that we don't like Robert or Marcel but we wouldn't complain if Ivy or Cindy (two other popular characters) got more content. It seems more a matter of personal taste on our side.
  3. Story going down the hill feels too strong to me. I think that the last couple of chapters are certainly not the best ones but I also think that it's maybe too soon to tell yet, let's wait to see how things go in the next two chapters.
  4. Character management has room to improve, but IMO is still better that what most games in this site manage to do.
  5. I don't like using the word "lazyness" when talking about other dev's work. Increasement on scene recycling is a fact, but I simply don't know enough to call Eva lazy.

6. Point 7 and 8, again, a matter of personal taste. I agree with you, but it's called fanservice for a reason, plenty of the fanbase love those characters coming back.
  7. I disagree with that.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It's also weird that if you choose to go to the book fair it seems to close Cindy path forever. It's not as weird for Cindy's personality as it's for Holly's but a "I can't go because of an unique work opportunity" should be perfectly acceptable for anyone including Cindy.
It's not really a matter of what's acceptable, though. Ian/Cindy catalyst is the perfect storm of Cindy's world falling apart when her attempt to bring some spark in her relationship with Wade and something she's been looking forward to goes completely sideways, and Ian --who's potentially been her support for a good while now-- actually being there for her, unlike literally everyone else, her boyfriend included.

Ian attending the book fair isn't something Cindy would resent too much, but it'd simply mean this particular moment never happens, and without it Cindy would probably keep it together afterwards, when she's no longer so vulnerable.

I don't consider it bad writing, to take such factors into account.

yuvce

Dec 8, 2020
Ian attending the book fair isn't something Cindy would resent too much, but it'd simply mean this particular moment never happens, and without it Cindy would probably keep it together afterwards, when she's no longer so vulnerable.
And yet their relationship takes quite a hit if Ian accepted Holly's invitation
Untitled.png

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
It's not really a matter of what's acceptable, though. Ian/Cindy catalyst is the perfect storm of Cindy's world falling apart when her attempt to bring some spark in her relationship with Wade and something she's been looking forward to goes completely sideways, and Ian --who's potentially been her support for a good while now-- actually being there for her, unlike literally everyone else, her boyfriend included.

I don't consider it bad writing, to take such factors into account.
You make your point well, but I disagree. How does it make sense for her to keep it together after a totally dissapointing birthday party?. I would argue that her not even being able to make it happen at all is worse that happening and going badly for her relationship with Wade. I still think that it would have been perfectly in character if Ian asked her after coming back from the fair how things went and offered to go just the two of them (or with others like Jeremy or Emma) whenever. You can not write the same Cindy (because it's not a case of Lena on being a different character on different paths according to your choices) reacting to you going to the book fair very negatively and also reacting quite surprised if you refused such an important opportunity for you to go to a birthday party. It's game logic not "real" character logic.

I still think that if Eva wanted to force a split between two paths it would have made much more sense to use Alison's trip. Less unreasonable for Cindy to get so angry and more useful to limit branching when you split two LI's paths of the same group of friends. Alternatively, if you want to make Cindy the unreasonable, entitled bitch that some people think she is, you can make her take for granted that of course you'd go to her party instead of the book fair, instead of acting (reasonably) surprised.

And it's not only Cindy or Holly the problem with how Eva implemented that. Somehow Ian also seems to forget completely about his attraction to them, ian_go_holly and ian_go_cindy are not used ever again (so far). And neither Ian/Cindy or Ian/Holly are sudden things that happen out of nowhere because of a special moment as catalyst. Their mutual attraction is slowly built (with good writing in both cases IMO) to just suddenly completely dissapear for the author's convenience. It's bad writing.

Last edited:
Reactions: | Vee |

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
And yet their relationship takes quite a hit if Ian accepted Holly's invitation
Well, obviously. That's why i said Cindy wouldn't resent it too much as opposed to not resenting it at all.

You make your point well, but I disagree. How does it make sense for her to keep it together after a totally dissapointing birthday party?.
The same way it makes sense for Cindy to regret what she's done and attempt to pretend things never happened, if Cindy and Ian fuck on that day. People can act very differently when their emotions run high, and when they've had some time to cool down.

At the height of emotions Cindy is much more prone to give in to a wish to be close with someone she feels strong connection with, even if she knows this is morally wrong, than when she's got relatively cool head. Also, in the scenario where Ian isn't there when she's most vulnerable, then this extra bond between them doesn't get to form. He remains a good friend she may have some crush on, but he's (now) also someone who, like everyone else, wasn't there for her when she needed someone. It'd make it quite easier for Cindy to get over this crush, or at least not to act upon it in the future.

Some chances are literally once in a lifetime, and if you blow them, then that's it.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I feel like EK at one point realized writing both Cindy and Holly as available at the same time was going to be a nightmare going foward so she made them exclusive.
Is bad writing?maybe.
Is a based decision?
Hell yes,fuck that geek Holly,Cindy my queen.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I don't feel as negative as you do about the game. It's one thing plain bad writing when you make characters act OOC and even totally opposite to their reaction to the same thing like in Cindy's case because you want to force the story to go in a certain way. And it's another thing a dev making choices for the story or the development that you as a player disagree with or strongly dislike and I somewhat agree with some of your points:
First of all, I'm not a professional novel critic so plz bear me If I come off as too strong as I maybe too invested in ORS and have certain expectations from Dev that I want character to reach their top potential and used wisely so that why I might be coming as too strong:D. Secondly, It's alright if you don't agree with me on some points that's totally cool as opinions are subjective and of course we are human, so we will definitely disagree with eachother on some things which is a good thing in order to learn and understand new things/people:giggle:(y).

Moving on

1. I didn't play the game before Stan's rework. It's difficult to imagine he was even worse, but plenty of people seem to enjoy the character now. But it really doesn't impact my enjoyment of the game.

2. Your point 2 and 3 are kind of contradictory. You don't like popularity in polls to be a factor but you also don't like that an unpopular character like Robert gets plenty of content despite that. I think the issue is that we don't like Robert or Marcel but we wouldn't complain if Ivy or Cindy (two other popular characters) got more content. It seems more a matter of personal taste on our side.
Same can be said that it was a potential waste to spend that much time on Stan and Robert even when Dev herself was not in favor of reworking on Stan(still did it) and bringing them up to the par instead of putting that time to use and work on other important to story character which are more close to both MC's. They are not even close enough to MC's. The issue with Marcel is that dude appeared for only 1 time in polls and guess what he got a content in-game. You can clearly see in which direction the Dev is taking the game but the thing is not all characters are that lucky(Yeah I'm talking about Ivy here). Dev is biased.

7. I don't like using the word "lazyness" when talking about other dev's work. Increasement on scene recycling is a fact, but I simply don't know enough to call Eva lazy.
Of course It is lazy and same as when different Dev's buy same Daz3d models and put them in their game as it is without changing appearances. Versatility is the main asset of a Dev. If a dev is reskinning same models, bringing her previous games character over and over again than It means 2 things, either the dev is lazy OR there is no story and is just trying to keep things afloat till she get Ideas on how to move things forward and might still be stuck in writer's block.
I doubt latter would be the case but IF IT IS than sad to say, ORS is already doomed.

9. I disagree with that.
9.Original story characters getting shit in terms of content
For my 9th point I would say bcz of other character taking time of dev (referring to my point 8 of cameo characters) they are overshadowed as now Dev have to give those new character content too and than including them in main story line. So, of course original story characters are getting less content while being deserved. On one hand, Dev is cutting down chapters so the most logical thing for dev to do is shift focus on main cast rather than bringing new characters to increase workload.

But yes I agree with you that we should wait for CH12 to see how things will move forward after whole cutting down content/chapters. That's why I mentioned
#HopeCH12

Last edited:

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Well, obviously. That's why i said Cindy wouldn't resent it too much as opposed to not resenting it at all.

The same way it makes sense for Cindy to regret what she's done and attempt to pretend things never happened, if Cindy and Ian fuck on that day. People can act very differently when their emotions run high, and when they've had some time to cool down.

At the height of emotions Cindy is much more prone to give in to a wish to be close with someone she feels strong connection with, even if she knows this is morally wrong, than when she's got relatively cool head. Also, in the scenario where Ian isn't there when she's most vulnerable, then this extra bond between them doesn't get to form. He remains a good friend she may have some crush on, but he's (now) also someone who, like everyone else, wasn't there for her when she needed someone. It'd make it quite easier for Cindy to get over this crush, or at least not to act upon it in the future.

Some chances are literally once in a lifetime, and if you blow them, then that's it.
I agree! As we see that scene between IanxCindy was triggering point of their scandal and if that didn't happen than their would be rarely as good of an opportunity for Ian to pull Cindy as Cindy was emotionally vulnerable at that time but Holly's side of story could be handled more maturely as Socrambus mentioned. I believe Cindy's side is handled well but not Holly's.

Last edited:
Reactions: ffive

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Dev is biased.
More like proned to pandering to the fetishist than actually care about the other characters who have been waiting for content.

Now, supposedly from what EK has said, which should be taken with a grain of salt, that some of the back burner content will be introduced into Chapter 12. Which in practice, should include Ian-Ivy, the Tourney, and likely some other thing. Whether this actually happens or not will be subject for speculation and much heated debated.

For me, I'd like to have hope for Chapter 12, I really would, but considering that path we are on ith the story now, the bullshit lies and hypocrisy that EK says and does, I have no faith. That is unless EK pulls her head out of her ass and finally delivers what I've been waiting and hoping for soon to 4 years now.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019

My point is not that it should have happened the exact same way but afterwards if Ian decides to go to the book fair. Kissing first time and inmediately start to passionately fuck in the middle of an alley it's not an everyday ocurrence to say the least. My point is that it doesn't happen out of nowhere, like sex with Emma, there was a buildup, an attraction, passions long denied. And of all of that suddenly dissapears, not only on Cindy but also on Ian's side. And he's not like everyone else that wasn't there for her, that's overdramatizing one event that wasn't even her birthday and erasing all past Ian's support. Look, just imagine a change in the story: Ian is hit by a car a few days before the party and obviously can't go because he's recovering from the injuries. Wouldn't you feel cheated as a player if that meant that Cindy path were closed forever?. I know it's not the same thing because that would be totally outside any player's choice, but not being able to go because of the book fair is also a perfectly fine reason. The game tells you that the party is dependant on Ian, but that's bullshit, without Ian it doesn't happen because of Wade and Perry that behave like they have told to go to the front lines of a war.

And you are right that some things can only happen once out of pure chance. But those are things like randomly meet a stranger because a set of circunstances and getting in love, it wouldn't have happened if you didn't meet them for whatever reason. Even sex with Emma you can reasonably say it wouldn't have happened if that day Ian or her don't go out and are left alone to dance together. Cindy and Ian path could have reasonably continued at a slower pace, similar to Ian and Lena path if you don't take early opportunities.

First of all, I'm not a professional novel critic so plz bear me If I come off as too strong as I maybe too invested in ORS and have certain expectations from Dev that I want character to reach their top potential and used wisely so that why I might be coming as too strong:D. Secondly, It's alright if you don't agree with me on some points that's totally cool as opinions are subjective and of course we are human, so we will definitely disagree with eachother on some things which is a good thing in order to learn and understand new things/people:giggle:(y).

Moving on
It's not a problem, of course you are entitled to your expectations and opinions and we can argue some things or just agree to disagree. It's cool and I also like to read different opinions to mine, it's really useful specially with some kinks that I struggle to even understand their appeal. Doesn't mean that I dislike you or anybody for that, far from it :) .

Same can be said that it was a potential waste to spend that much time on Stan and Robert even when Dev herself was not in favor of reworking on Stan(still did it) and bringing them up to the par instead of putting that time to use and work on other important to story character which are more close to both MC's. They are not even close enough to MC's. The issue with Marcel is that dude appeared for only 1 time in polls and guess what he got a content in-game. You can clearly see in which direction the Dev is taking the game but the thing is not all characters are that lucky(Yeah I'm talking about Ivy here). Dev is biased.
In a way every author is biased towards their own vision and (likely) the vision of those giving them money. Again, I mostly agree with your tastes, so I would also be happier if some content didn't happen and more attention were given to other characters. But a lot of people disagree with us and it's hard for me to feel entitled to protest when I'm giving no money or even direct feedback to the author and I am just writing in a forum.

Reactions: | Vee |

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
My point is not that it should have happened the exact same way but afterwards if Ian decides to go to the book fair. Kissing first time and inmediately start to passionately fuck in the middle of an alley it's not an everyday ocurrence to say the least. My point is that it doesn't happen out of nowhere, like sex with Emma, there was a buildup, an attraction, passions long denied. And of all of that suddenly dissapears, not only on Cindy but also on Ian's side. And he's not like everyone else that wasn't there for her, that's overdramatizing one event that wasn't even her birthday and erasing all past Ian's support. Look, just imagine a change in the story: Ian is hit by a car a few days before the party and obviously can't go because he's recovering from the injuries. Wouldn't you feel cheated as a player if that meant that Cindy path were closed forever?. I know it's not the same thing because that would be totally outside any player's choice, but not being able to go because of the book fair is also a perfectly fine reason. The game tells you that the party is dependant on Ian, but that's bullshit, without Ian it doesn't happen because of Wade and Perry that behave like they have told to go to the front lines of a war.

And you are right that some things can only happen once out of pure chance. But those are things like randomly meet a stranger because a set of circunstances and getting in love, it wouldn't have happened if you didn't meet them for whatever reason. Even sex with Emma you can reasonably say it wouldn't have happened if that day Ian or her don't go out and are left alone to dance together. Cindy and Ian path could have reasonably continued at a slower pace, similar to Ian and Lena path if you don't take early opportunities...
:oops:
Alright! You raised a damn good point too that the tension between them should've remained and could've been evolve into a more controlled path where Cindy might broke up with Wade and THAN Ian could've an easy chance without making Cindy cheat on Wade or some different/existing path/s unless it is intentionally kept that way by the Dev herself to keep branching/workload minimized. And I agree with you! Also, I believe IanxHolly if Ian didn't went to book fair should've continued too But it is intentionally kept at minimum too and puts Lena more in driving seat by keeping Ian on backfoot again I think it is intentionally kept that way by the Dev herself to keep branching/workload minimized.

Last edited:
Reactions: Socrambus

DeemLeem12

Dec 12, 2020
THIS IS BULLSHIT! Lena got Marcel's cock before Holly???? Why is Lena such a cock thief? Can't see she there was a budding romance between Marcel and Holly? When Lena held Marcel's cock, she could have directed it towards Holly's pussy, pulling Marcel along the way, but noooo she had to take it to her mouth instead! When will Eva Kiss give Holly the BBC she deserves?

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
:oops:
Alright! You raised a damn good point too that the tension between them should've remained and could've been evolve into a more controlled path where Cindy might broke up with Wade and THAN Ian could've an easy chance without making Cindy cheat on Wade or some different/existing path/s unless it is intentionally kept that way by the Dev herself to keep branching/workload minimized. And I agree with you! Also, I believe IanxHolly if Ian didn't went to book fair should've continued too But it is intentionally kept at minimum too and puts Lena more in driving seat by keeping Ian on backfoot again I think it is intentionally kept that way by the Dev herself to keep branching/workload minimized.
That's the more likely reason, but it looks pretty random to me choosing Cindy and Holly to make the split. I think their only interaction is the card game at Perry's flat if Ian and Holly are dating. Maybe the reason is more clear in future chapters but right now it seems that Cindy/Alison or Cindy/Emma would have been better options to limit branching.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
THIS IS BULLSHIT! Lena got Marcel's cock before Holly???? Why is Lena such a cock thief? Can't see she there was a budding romance between Marcel and Holly? When Lena held Marcel's cock, she could have directed it towards Holly's pussy, pulling Marcel along the way, but noooo she had to take it to her mouth instead! When will Eva Kiss give Holly the BBC she deserves?
I know,right!?
If theres someone in this game who needs to be BLACKED is that nerd Holly.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes