Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
I agree with you... Theres a lot of possibilities as to why she changed her mind and it can happen at anytime. I also agree that the endgame being put at 20 chapters so early on kind of hurt her

However, what worries me the most isnt that shes changing her mind. Its how in the space of essentially a month since the Q&A she changed her "plans" TWICE like Vee said... 20 to 16 back to 20 :unsure:. At this point of the games develpment (over 50% done in either of the predictions) I expected her to have her end goals and everything sort of mapped out :WeSmart:

Sure, theres a lot of reasons for it that to happen. But for me, it unfortunately screams of doubts and essentially a lack of planning when you change things THAT fast.
I don't see one month as that fast, but I agree there are clearly doubts and the planning is flexible, if we are being generous. I would be more worried if ORS were her first game, but she already proved herself fully delivering GGGB. So I'll just wait and see, and in the meantime I find keeping a sort of positive actitude is just more enjoyable than going full negative. But that just me, everybody is entitled to their own opinions and expectations.

I did exacly the same thing the last Q&A. Just to learn yesterday that the information given was refuted in one random comment. So eagerly discussing them and speculating will disappoint and frustrate you once you realize the info doesn't have any reliability.
As I see it, you have to take it as just one dev expressing her state of mind and thoughts at that time. It's not a corporate event perfectly planned and crafted. It's a bit like if you asked me about where I see my career in two years, my answer can change from one day to another (without lying) because of how I feel that day or circunstances changing. It's up to you to decide what that's worth to you.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Likely the shithole called California. Or Portland.
lol. No. They'd have far more than one bum, there'd be poop all over the streets and Emma's rants would be race-fueled, screaming for the "Elimination of whiteness" in the ORS cast while she called everyone fascists. Far more looting too and the cafe might turn into an autonomous zone.

(Depending on the city in Cali. Portland to a tee though).

• Red Heart
Reactions: xbeo

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Just on whim:unsure:? An estimate can never be this big and raging up and down from one update to another especially if the base story is set in stone(even with changes along the way). First from 20 to 16 than again saying chapters may exceed 20. What is that massive major plot that is carrying this whole novel through this roller-coaster ride. Either the story is not set in stone or EK need time to really think what she wants to do and set things once and for all with changes along the way. THIS IS REALLY A CONCERNING STATEMENT BY EK.

I guess that answers the question why there are so many GGGB and cameo characters are being added into story.

Disappointed but not surprised:
Honestly, the 20+ option probably hinges on how much money Steam brings in. On the off-chance she lucks out and ORS becomes a huge cash-cow, it's a little more difficult to put it out to pasture. Where-as otherwise, she's surely itching to move onto a new game.

cdr00d

Apr 3, 2021
I think I found a bug. I didn't buy the expensive dress the first time. When shopping with Emma, on Friday, July Week 4, If I choose to go to the boutique and buy the dress, the next scene repeats the rent argument between Stan & Louise and it looks like I'm back to Ivy's birthday. If I don't go to the boutique, it continues with Emma at the sex shop.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Even when in said example DEV herself states the info?
The thing is with EK, she does things on a whim. She doesn't fully plan shit out as it seems. Much like the reworks of Wade, Stan, the Prologue. Wade was fine before, but all of sudden 'oh here you go, Wade is now jobless and wants to be a gamer pro'... Or 'oh here you go, Stan is gonna get "reworked" to make him a bit better' (Fun fact: Didn't change him one damn bit.) Not to mention the OG prologue was fine to begin with, but all of a sudden 'oh yeah, I redid the prologue, here you go.' And of course there is the three bar scenes inloving Ian and Ivy getting reworked without any explaination (OG-Ian if semi friendly with Axel could hang out with him, talk to Ivy for a bit, gets a kiss the cheek/1st Rework-Same deal, only both flirt/2nd Rework-Forced to hang with Jeremy instead of Axel, no flirty moment with Ivy). Or even the whitewashing of Jeremy's bro from Black to White, which made no sense or even got a real explaintion as to why.

All the while, saying 'oh she has writers block, gets burned out, needs a vacation, makes claim after claim of things that she intends to do or not do, only to do the complete opposite (cuts Eds content, says there won't be any new character with content, gives content to Cameo Jack, Marcel, etc).

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
The thing is with EK, she does things on a whim. She doesn't fully plan shit out as it seems. Much like the reworks of Wade, Stan, the Prologue. Wade was fine before, but all of sudden 'oh here you go, Wade is now jobless and wants to be a gamer pro'... Or 'oh here you go, Stan is gonna get "reworked" to make him a bit better' (Fun fact: Didn't change him one damn bit.) Not to mention the OG prologue was fine to begin with, but all of a sudden 'oh yeah, I redid the prologue, here you go.' And of course there is the three bar scenes inloving Ian and Ivy getting reworked without any explaination (OG-Ian if semi friendly with Axel could hang out with him, talk to Ivy for a bit, gets a kiss the cheek/1st Rework-Same deal, only both flirt/2nd Rework-Forced to hang with Jeremy instead of Axel, no flirty moment with Ivy). Or even the whitewashing of Jeremy's bro from Black to White, which made no sense or even got a real explaintion as to why.

All the while, saying 'oh she has writers block, gets burned out, needs a vacation, makes claim after claim of things that she intends to do or not do, only to do the complete opposite (cuts Eds content, says there won't be any new character with content, gives content to Cameo Jack, Marcel, etc).
Don't know why, but I'm sensing a rework in near future too!
Might be a small one.

Loved your signature!(y):BootyTime:

0tt0von

Dec 19, 2022

A lot of whinging for what is quite obviously a work in progress you might not like some or all of the changes made, but that changes will be made should be understood. Nor are you entitled to more of an explanation than the creator likes it better this way.

• Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: SerHawkes and axy2

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I think I found a bug. I didn't buy the expensive dress the first time. When shopping with Emma, on Friday, July Week 4, If I choose to go to the boutique and buy the dress, the next scene repeats the rent argument between Stan & Louise and it looks like I'm back to Ivy's birthday. If I don't go to the boutique, it continues with Emma at the sex shop.
Just in case, are you sure the save you're loading from to get to that point is a save from a final build? I sometimes have some weird jumps like that when accidentally loading from an alpha or beta save. I'm sure it's still a bug if the save is confirmed from a final build.

Last edited:

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
A lot of whinging for what is quite obviously a work in progress you might not like some or all of the changes made, but that changes will be made should be understood. Nor are you entitled to more of an explanation than the creator likes it better this way.
Right, because not listening to feedback does so well for developers, translating to them doing the same things over and over, not developing their style or story or improving on things, rinse repeat cycle of things they do, expecting everyone to be in love with what they do... OH WAIT. Thats not the fucking case. There are issues with EK's writing, inconsistences with characters, questionable decision makings on her part and characters, yet NO one bats an eye about it. They just take it up the ass like good little simps, suck at the 'praise me EK, I defended you so good' tit, and get rewarded for it. Does she even bother to fix the inconsistencies? No, of course not.

Sure, EK is the dev, and she can do what ever she wants to do. It's her project and all. HOWEVER, sometimes actually listening to feedback and actually asking the question of say 'Hey, I'm kinda considering making a change to such and such and here my purposed idea. Thoughts?' not only can get you more fan interaction, but can help with creativity with fans maybe even adding to that idea. Instead, we get no actual idea what happens until it's implemented and everyone either goes yeah I like or why bother in the first place. In this case, EK's Reworks are 0-6(7) for why bother. Wade needing rework made no sense, Stan's wasn't even a rework at all, Billy as well, etc. etc.

So beg pardon if myself and others have isues with the work in progress as is and foresee it going downhill mainly because we are doubting EK based on prior and 'current' claims she has made.

Last edited:

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Don't know why, but I'm sensing a rework in near future too!
Might be a small one.

Loved your signature!(y):BootyTime:
Very likely... Probably gonna be Louise getting reworked... Or Perry... Or some pointless rework of a character like Geymour just to have them get more attention and make them more hateable or some shit.

Thanks bro. C.Mork finished it today. Bang up job he did.

• Haha
Reactions: | Vee | and axy2

GabWayne

Jul 12, 2021
Hey,
I played the game for the first time this year, right before chapter 11 release, and I really really enjoyed. From what I read here there seems to be some reworks, I don't know how things were before and I didn't play GGGB but in my case I think the game is really good and it deserves to be a top game here.

I'm a little anxious for the next update so I looked a little in patreon and it seems that in
2020 - 6 chapters were delivered
2021 - 3 chapters
2022 - 1 chapter
2023 - 1 chapter also

So my question is: What happened? I just read the first few posts in the beginning of each year and wanted to know if guys can tell me why only 2 chapters were release since 2021. Thanks

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Hey,
I played the game for the first time this year, right before chapter 11 release, and I really really enjoyed. From what I read here there seems to be some reworks, I don't know how things were before and I didn't play GGGB but in my case I think the game is really good and it deserves to be a top game here.

I'm a little anxious for the next update so I looked a little in patreon and it seems that in
2021 - 3 chapters
2022 - 1 chapter
2023 - 1 chapter also

So my question is: What happened? I just read the first few posts in the beginning of each year and wanted to know if guys can tell me why only 2 chapters were release since 2021. Thanks
Pointless reworks and the story getting bigger and bigger is what happened. Pretty much sums it up.

Naturally it makes sense that given the story, things would get bigger and bigger in build time. However, not the case. Between the Imfamous 'Stan Update', writers block/burning out/real life stuff (which is understandable), EK bit off way more than she could chew with this one to put it mildly.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Hey,

2021 - 3 chapters
2022 - 1 chapter
2023 - 1 chapter also

The number of branches and variables to keep track of increases so it can become difficult and time consuming to get right.

Reactions: sava75

0tt0von

Dec 19, 2022
Right, because not listening to feedback does so well for developers, translating to them doing the same things over and over, not developing their style or story or improving on things, rinse repeat cycle of things they do, expecting everyone to be in love with what they do... OH WAIT. Thats not the fucking case. There are issues with EK's writing, inconsistences with characters, questionable decision makings on her part and characters, yet NO one bats an eye about it. They just take it up the ass like good little simps, suck at the 'praise me EK, I defended you so good' tit, and get rewarded for it. Does she even bother to fix the inconsistencies? No, of course not.

Sure, EK is the dev, and she can do what ever she wants to do. It's her project and all. HOWEVER, sometimes actually listening to feedback and actually asking the question of say 'Hey, I'm kinda considering making a change to such and such and here my purposed idea. Thoughts?' not only can get you more fan interaction, but can help with creativity with fans maybe even adding to that idea. Instead, we get no actual idea what happens until it's implemented and everyone either goes yeah I like or why bother in the first place. In this case, EK's Reworks are 0-6(7) for why bother. Wade needing rework made no sense, Stan's wasn't even a rework at all, Billy as well, etc. etc.

So beg pardon if myself and others have isues with the work in progress as is and foresee it going downhill mainly because we are doubting EK based on prior and 'current' claims she has made.
I expect if EK is gonna listen to or ask questions of players it is gonna be the ones sending money every month and I also expect the more money the more they might be listened to. Anyone giving money has more right to ask questions and make suggestions, for those just waiting for the free download I find it a beggars can't be choosers situation. Earlier in thread you had people complaining that EK was adding things to the game because the patrons wanted it added and were upset that the patrons' opinions were being listened to more than the leeches, the level of entitlement was impressive. Ultimately EK is and should be the final arbiter of the game, but if you want a chance at a bigger say in the game put your money where your mouth is otherwise it's just impotent whinging.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I expect if EK is gonna listen to or ask questions of players it is gonna be the ones sending money every month and I also expect the more money the more they might be listened to. Anyone giving money has more right to ask questions and make suggestions, for those just waiting for the free download I find it a beggars can't be choosers situation. Earlier in thread you had people complaining that EK was adding things to the game because the patrons wanted it added and were upset that the patrons' opinions were being listened to more than the leeches, the level of entitlement was impressive. Ultimately EK is and should be the final arbiter of the game, but if you want a chance at a bigger say in the game put your money where your mouth is otherwise it's just impotent whinging.
Yeah, because her patrons are the ones wanting fetish content more so than EKs own story, and she is pandering to them while neglecting her own story. And sure, money talks and generally the more money is put out, the "more attentive" a developer might be to "ideas". Problem with that is is that when you listen to the moneyshakers and pander to their wants and demands, and ignore the might not be able to afford the game or fans who might have some really good ideas or suggestions all because of paywall, well we already know whats happened with that so far with the pandering that has panned out.

Good Devs, and writers for that matter, don't have a paywall just to get an earful of suggestions or surround themselves with yesmen when it comes to suggestions or feedback of all kinds. They listen to all feedbacks and suggestions, and consider them while sticking to their own story. They may impliment what a fan or fans may have said, but generally they stick to their vision. In this case, EK isn't doing that. She's listening to her patrons who are demanding more fetish content rather than focusing on sticking to her own story. Hell, her own discord is full of yesmen and kiss asses who go REEEE if anyone critisizes her or the game itself. Same goes true for certain other Devs who can't or don't want any feedback or critisism. That doesn't lead to the developer growing as a person. They do what they think everyone likes, have kiss asses who blindly follow and say its the greatest thing since sliced bread, even though you have many who say otherwise, and continue on a path of mediocrity and no true growth.

But honestly, what do you expect here? No one complaining or venting their thoughts on things on an OPEN FORUM? That is all "whining" from us who have thoughts on things and express doubts on the state of things? Oh, you sweet innocent summer child you be...

4.60 star(s) 319 Votes