dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I think Eva wants to avoid GGGB copying itself. And give us something new and better. Because of this, she now has creative problems, I'm sure of it. ORS is much higher in quality than GGGB and I think there will not be such cringe things there. I'm sure gangbangs are in the project, but they won't be as crazy.
Yeah there are so many sexual things done in GGGB, it's hard to avoid a repeat (for Lena's perspective), one has to be really creative

The_Searcher

Dec 30, 2019
Great to see we are gonna have finally the next update, and with Ian part. I'm not so much interested in Lena part to be honest. I don't like the unavoidable scenario with Seymour in her story on the last chapter (that type of scenario makes little no sense in a game with choices)... And I don't see any really interesting partner for Lena in her story (except maybe Ian, Holly and Louise... And the last one seems that we cannot do too much with our decisions at least for the last part until now).

So I hope we can advance with Ian on Holly route and the rest too, of course.

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
Great to see we are gonna have finally the next update, and with Ian part. I'm not so much interested in Lena part to be honest. I don't like the unavoidable scenario with Seymour in her story on the last chapter (that type of scenario makes little no sense in a game with choices)... And I don't see any really interesting partner for Lena in her story (except maybe Ian, Holly and Louise... And the last one seems that we cannot do too much with our decisions at least for the last part until now).

So I hope we can advance with Ian on Holly route and the rest too, of course.
What are you talking about? You can avoid anything and everything in the game provided you made the right choices. If you didn't cozy too much with Seymour earlier in the game (I like working with him), you can basically tell him to fuck off later when he tries to blackmail Lena.

The_Searcher

Dec 30, 2019
What are you talking about? You can avoid anything and everything in the game provided you made the right choices. If you didn't cozy too much with Seymour earlier in the game (I like working with him), you can basically tell him to fuck off later when he tries to blackmail Lena.
Yeah, you can avoid everything except the blackmail scene... Of course, if you avoid Seymour you can obviously tell him to fuck off but the scene it's unavoidable which is the point I'm referring. It's like if the Minerva first scene on Ian side were unavoidable regardless of your actions with her (which it's not the case).

Or again with the Lena and Louise route, why regardless having the best points and relationship with her it's unavoidable the fact that Eva rejects always reject her? That should be a decision in our part.

I think it's easy to understand.

The Searcher is the type of dude who thinks woman having premarital sex is "Corruption"
And blyzer is the type of dude who thinks that know everything about everyone and it's just the opposite.

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
Yeah, you can avoid everything except the blackmail scene... Of course, if you avoid Seymour you can obviously tell him to fuck off but the scene it's unavoidable which is the point I'm referring. It's like if the Minerva first scene on Ian side were unavoidable regardless of your actions with her (which it's not the case).

Or again with the Lena and Louise route, why regardless having the best points and relationship with her it's unavoidable the fact that Eva rejects always reject her? That should be a decision in our part.

And blyzer is the type of dude who thinks that know everything about everyone and it's just the opposite.
Obviously some situations in the game are always going to be unavoidable considering they are very important for the story Eva wants to tell however consequences of those situations solely depends or will on the choices you make, I don't see where the problem is?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

The Seymour situation is a fixed point in time and plot. In any narrative with a choice of actions, there are such main points that cannot be avoided - they are the "skeleton" of the plot. For example, an event occurs in the plot, and based on this event, you make a choice. What is the problem?
Lena breaks up with Axel, Lena meets Ian, Minerva and Ian have a conflict, Perry ruins Wade's birthday party - these are examples of fixed moments.
You can refuse Seymour's offer if you previously chose "Lena works with him for money" or "Lena doesn't trust Seymour". If you chose "I like working with him" - you can not refuse the deal. Because in this point Lena like Seymour.
This plot construct is called the "butterfly effect" - your actions lead to consequences in the future. In this regard, the game is designed as a quality RPG. I don't understand why you're making a drama about this.
The game is very variable and allows you to solve events in different ways and go in different ways - there are fixed moments and "variants" of events that are based on them. You can create an entire multiverse.
Без названия (4).jpeg

Last edited:

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
"and Lena's part should be coming shortly after."
...sure, really short after...
Seems that she is suffering a lot with this game. maybe its time to scrap it and do something smaller or a kinetic novel instead.

buttgoose

Sep 5, 2021
We already had this conversation a thousand times before. You can complain even if you aren't a patron. And if you check the actual Patron response it doesn't seem like any of them actually like it.
We've had this conversation and y'all are just cluttering up the feed making it harder to find relevant news and actually discussion of character and plot.

Cluttering up threads with literally nothing but boring opinions that don't matter, mean nothing, and will accomplish even less.

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
Wonder how many of the people whinging about Eva Kiss splitting it up into two parts were only a day ago whinging about her "milking" the subs for having not released anything so far and who, if she announced it was only a couple months away from a full release, would be condemning her once again as "lazy dev" and how she should instead split it up...

Personally I don't mind it, if in part because I feel the Ian stuff is more interesting if not perfect in terms of characterisation (OTT stuff like sex with Minerva are a real low point in my view), given male protag games on here that aren't delusional egotism about being a "sex god" who immediately fucks a dozen supermodels after one five minute conversation are few and far between, while Lena's stuff to me feels like EK can't decide whether to do something new or rely on what worked in GGGB and it's weaker for it.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: neutral1

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
I will give an unpopular opinion, but for me these long releases become a pain. A lot of good games releasing something like 2-3 times in a year. A shitload of things can happen in a week, not to mention in a year, especially in these anxious times when every year is more fucked up than the last. So it's better to get content sooner than when there's no time for it. Sorry for being so negative.

But of course the main reason is that no matter how interesting the game is, the interest really fades away, especially over such a long period of time. When you have to go back to the game and for 20 minutes trying to figure out what was going on before, and then another 20 minutes later, that's it. End of update.

I've said it before that because of her approach to development, the time between updates will continue to increase on one way or another. The only thing I fear is the possibility of Eve's hidden motives. It would be quite ironic, she was writing for so long about corruption in games, and once she gained popularity and more money, she ended up being a corrupted developer herself:p
Of course that's not an accusation, I just think the possibility exists.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
View attachment 1961510

Hi guys,

After my week off I've kept working at chapter 10 and I'm almost done with Ian's part. All that's left is to finish a couple scenes and revise everything, adding and correcting when needed. The art's all drawn and I've been editing the colored versions, producing some of the final illustrations.

As I keep trying to push the pace, manage all the aspects of the project and the business and keep the final quality to the standard you're used to, I struggle between taking my time and rushing, and as you know, I always feel like I'm lagging behind. My goal is to provide the best game I can, but also to keep you entertained with content, and I hate feeling I'm taking too long.

Some of you suggested in the past that I could release the chapters in two separate blocks, since Ian and Lena have parallel story lines. It's not the way I envisioned it, but you guys deserve some content and I've decided that's the way I'll do it for Chapter 10. This way you'll be able to play Ian's part of the chapter during August, and I can also share with you the results of all the work that we've been doing during these past weeks.

I'll finish writing everything this week and keep working on finalizing the art, then all that's left would be to playtest and iron out all the bugs. Hopefully you can enjoy all the new scenes and story developments, and Lena's part should be coming shortly after.

Thanks again for your support and I hope you'll enjoy what's coming :)

-----
The one thing that confuses me here is that both Ian's and Lena's parts are often dependent on each other's decisions, depending on your chosen path. Seems like Eva will have to do a little more work this way to bring a playable Ian update to life that either doesn't depend on Lena's choices in this update or auto-generates her choices based on the user's choices from previous chapters. In either scenario, she might have to retcon the code a bit once Lena's half is added, scrapping a bit of work to make an Ian-only update possible. Plus extra testing for each split Ian/Lena release. It's hard to estimate how much extra work that'll be exactly, though.

Last edited:

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I'm still too young for this to happen with me, boomer.
Facepalm was just for calling someone a boomer. That was pure, unadulterated cringe. Sorry, man. Wasn't otherwise totally disagreeing with your post, except for the "whiners" and "crying" bit. Technically, I'd put the complaints about delays more in the simple "bitching" category. It's a little lighter on the hostility. :)

Last edited:

Vurg

Sep 3, 2017
Ian's part in this new chapter shouldn't be dependent on the choice made in Lena's part in the same chapter. Only Lena's would be dependent on Ian's.

Unpopular take, but I think splitting up the release like this is fine. There's going to be more branches per chapter than what it was earlier, splitting up the chapter into individual character based releases at this point makes sense to me.

Reactions: qwertycoltan
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes