Fan Art Our Red String: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Adrianoczesio

Oct 2, 2017
Is it possible to insert a character in front or behind another character in this scene creator? Is it just like alphabetical order?

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
Is it possible to insert a character in front or behind another character in this scene creator? Is it just like alphabetical order?
As of now, they are displayed in alphabetical order and they don't really work well if overlapped (I designed to tool to pose the characters side by side, not on top of each other). I'll add this feature to my backlog, but keep in mind I'm working on my own VN now, so updates to this tool are in lower priority...

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
Current Build-your-scene build looks to be bugged. Checked on multiple browsers. Select characters screen pops up. Once you either select and confirm or dismiss, the other controls are unavailable.
I have just tested it and it is working for me (checked in Chrome and Edge). Do you have any browser extension that could be conflicting with it? Can you provide a step by step (maybe with screen shots)? (you can send it to me by direct message)
Maybe you can also check the console to see if you are getting an error and let me know.
1672279026564.png

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
1. Tried in Opera, Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Same results.
2. Chrome is the only one that has any extensions.
3. I've access this forum and your linked builds strictly through firefox until now when I checked the site on the other three browsers, so there wouldn't be any cookies, ect on the other ones messing this up. Never used Edge on this PC till today just now, just to check the issue.
4. Working fine for me until this build.

There really are no steps. Click the link to ORS BYS Tool or input it to your browser:
The page loads and shows the following screen for a milisecond (Was hard to get screenshot since it's so quick:
A_bys.png

Then screen quickly goes automatically to this screen.
B_bys.png

Regardless of it you select characters and confirm or cancel at this point, all you're left with is the background image and any characters selected, lined up behind each other. No controls or anything.
C_bys.png

Reactions: grima_grima

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I have just tested it and it is working for me (checked in Chrome and Edge). Do you have any browser extension that could be conflicting with it? Can you provide a step by step (maybe with screen shots)? (you can send it to me by direct message)
Maybe you can also check the console to see if you are getting an error and let me know.
View attachment 2270255
Ugh.... Internal face-palm. My bad. I'm so used to the scene box being smaller where you see the toolbox on the right upon loading in older builds. The scene box taking up the entire screen in the new build threw me off. I just noticed the bar now at the bottom of the browser. Scroll it to the right and there's the toolbox. :HideThePain:

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
Ugh.... Internal face-palm. My bad. I'm so used to the scene box being smaller where you see the toolbox on the right upon loading in older builds. The scene box taking up the entire screen in the new build threw me off. I just noticed the bar now at the bottom of the browser. Scroll it to the right and there's the toolbox. :HideThePain:
I'm glad you figured this out :)

Just out of curiosity, what is your screen resolution? The tool layout is optimized for 1920x1200:
1672310507464.png

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I'm glad you figured this out :)

Just out of curiosity, what is your screen resolution? The tool layout is optimized for 1920x1200:
View attachment 2270976
1920x1080.

I see a portion (majority) of the scene and have to scroll down to see the rest and scroll right to see the toolbox in this resolution.

Example in full-screen (pressing F11), showing scroll bars.
InF11FullScreen.jpg

Last edited:

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
1920x1080.

I see a portion (majority) of the scene and have to scroll down to see the rest and scroll right to see the toolbox in this resolution.

Example in full-screen (pressing F11), showing scroll bars.
View attachment 2272551
Is the zoom setup in your browser at 100%?
1672396440853.png
Or maybe the "Scale and layout" of your Windows is setup to 125%?

That would explain why the tool is not showing the whole screen in the browser.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Is the zoom setup in your browser at 100%?
View attachment 2274113
Or maybe the "Scale and layout" of your Windows is setup to 125%?

That would explain why the tool is not showing the whole screen in the browser.
Ah. Scale and layout is what it is. Zoom is at 100% but Scale/layout is at 125% default setting, by recommendation of laptop manufacturer. Thanks!

what if

Mar 24, 2022
Bro I'll ask something, I wonder if mange can change hair colors and clothes? Like making Lena's hair blonde and Cindy's blue

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
Bro I'll ask something, I wonder if mange can change hair colors and clothes? Like making Lena's hair blonde and Cindy's blue
I'm not sure if you are talking about the tool I built ( ), but there you can unlock some extra hair colors for both Lena and Cindy, for example:
1676230042096.png
1676230074951.png
1676230101374.png

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
Sorry im new i dont know
This is how you unlock everything:

Access:

You have to unlock:
  • Danny (the photographer)
    • Add Lena and Stan to the same scene. Select Stan and add his camera (from the "Ornaments" session)
  • Jess
    • Open a dialog box and type "gggb" in the "Speaker" box, then add some text and hit "Confirm"
  • Lola (Lena's cat)
    • Open a dialog box and type "cat" in the "Speaker" box, then add some text and hit "Confirm"
Once you unlock all 3, you'll get a reward:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Easter egg:
  • Add Ian, Alisson and Jeremy to the same scene and see what happens...

Jul 13, 2022
This is how you unlock everything:

Access:

You have to unlock:
  • Danny (the photographer)
    • Add Lena and Stan to the same scene. Select Stan and add his camera (from the "Ornaments" session)
  • Jess
    • Open a dialog box and type "gggb" in the "Speaker" box, then add some text and hit "Confirm"
  • Lola (Lena's cat)
    • Open a dialog box and type "cat" in the "Speaker" box, then add some text and hit "Confirm"
Once you unlock all 3, you'll get a reward:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Easter egg:
  • Add Ian, Alisson and Jeremy to the same scene and see what happens...
Any possible addition to add Allison with some bruising for a catfight scene idea i have with Allison and Lena over Ian?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes