Fan Art Our Red String: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Delabate

Feb 5, 2018
Hey guys,
Like I've explained it earlier in the main thread, I'm working on a renpy visuel novel on Alison (the BEST girl). It takes time because I'm not extremely good at pixel art and I'm doing it on my free time but I'll manage to finish it soon or later. I've finished all the script-dialogues / storyboard and I'll divide it into 2 parts. I'm recycling assets from the main game only.
It's a kind of prequel of the official story called for now "ALISON BOUNCES TONIGHT". It will include minor characters and a new one.

I've finished some renders, here is a low-q preview (still need some fixes) :

View attachment 2057251

I hope you'll enjoy it, I'll post my work as soon as possible !
Hey guys, I'm giving you some news on this !

I've edited and changed some designs, I've put a red dress on Alison and worked on others minor characters reworks. As you can see, my story will feature the bouncer and Milo (Alison's ex). I've made several renders and I could have posted the first scenes / dialogues which are ready BUT I have absolutely 0 knowledge about Renpy. This will slow me down a little ! Maybe I'll post the renders without script if I have no time to learn how Renpy works.

I'm posting another preview of some renders, I hope you'll like it.

Alison_Bounces_Render_Preview_02.png

Edit: I'll fix Alison's stockings colors which does not match

8InchFloppyDick

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
Purely out of scientific interest, how do you guys go from the 3D Renders to the 2D 'drawings' in the clean style we see in this VN or say Girl Gone Bad? As far as I can tell, you guys aren't using the various 'Cartoonify' or 'Paintify' filters or renderers. So, how is it done?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Night Hacker

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
Purely out of scientific interest, how do you guys go from the 3D Renders to the 2D 'drawings' in the clean style we see in this VN or say Girl Gone Bad? As far as I can tell, you guys aren't using the various 'Cartoonify' or 'Paintify' filters or renderers. So, how is it done?
I'm not sure I got your question. But the actual VNs (Our Red String and Girl Gone Bad) are hand-draw. There is no 3D to 2D there. Maybe some of the background images are 3D, but the characters are not... I hope this helps. Cheers!

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks for the input grima_grima and Night Hacker :)

Some more digging on my part unearthed a product called LineRender9000. It'll take a lot of tweaking and experimentation to get the results you might want, but it seems to do a semi-decent job.
Not sure what you're thanking me for. All my posts in here have mysteriously vanished. <shrug>

But... you're welcome?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes