Mod Ren'Py Our Red String JDMOD [0.12.1.2.a] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
I know you're going through some tough times on Patreon and I hope it gets better for you but ding ding ding Jhon! It's been 7 days. I need that public version. I literally didn't play the 12th chapter because of the mod. Oh and I really hope you never stop making this mod. Your mod makes the game much more enjoyable and it won't feel the same without it. Love your work and I hope to see more of it ❤.
Any ETA on when we can expect this to go public? Thanks!
It's public now, just follow the link in JD's post above.

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
Hi there!

I'm currently trying to play through Chapter 11 but I have an issue and can't progress.
Lena has to serve some customers at the Blazer but there's no one (see pics attached)
I'm using the last compressed version of the game (Ch12, with JDMOD).
Tried several things to solve my problem:
- Saw Sethmsf's message with his solution (https://f95zone.to/threads/our-red-string-ch-12-prologue-full-eva-kiss.48813/post-12090176) but couldn't apply it
- Downloaded the last full version
- Tried to load an unmodded save
- Downloaded Ch11 version with & without mod (for Ch11)
Nothing worked.

Any idea guys? Thanks for reading me.

Reactions: Winche94

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Hi there!

I'm currently trying to play through Chapter 11 but I have an issue and can't progress.
Lena has to serve some customers at the Blazer but there's no one (see pics attached)
- Saw Sethmsf's message with his solution (https://f95zone.to/threads/our-red-string-ch-12-prologue-full-eva-kiss.48813/post-12090176) but couldn't apply it
Nothing worked.

Have you tried starting from the beginning? If you use the 'skip' option on text, it shouldn't take you that long to catch up to where you were.

Reactions: yep10

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
I know you're going through some tough times on Patreon and I hope it gets better for you but ding ding ding Jhon! It's been 7 days. I need that public version. I literally didn't play the 12th chapter because of the mod. Oh and I really hope you never stop making this mod. Your mod makes the game much more enjoyable and it won't feel the same without it. Love your work and I hope to see more of it ❤.
Thanks John. Love your work on this mod. (y) :cool:
Thanks guys :love:

Hi there!

Nothing worked.

I managed to replicate this bug by playing the epilogue a second time. This could happen with v11 of the JDMOD if you saved at the end of Chapter 11 before the prologue was released ; at the end of chapter, you had the option to play the epilogue or jump straight to Chapter 12. You don't get this option in v12.
After looking at this section of the code, I don't think this can happen in a standard playthrough.

To solve this issue, try one of the following:
  • If you're sure you didn't play the epilogue once already, open the console (Shift + O), type v11_bar1b = 0 and Enter → this will force one the customer to appear ;
  • If you already played the epilogue, enter jump JD_chapter_twelve (or jump chapter_twelve if unmodded) in the console → skips to Ch. 12 ;
  • Load a save from the end of Chapter 10.

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
Thanks guys :love:

I managed to replicate this bug by playing the epilogue a second time. This could happen with v11 of the JDMOD if you saved at the end of Chapter 11 before the prologue was released ; at the end of chapter, you had the option to play the epilogue or jump straight to Chapter 12. You don't get this option in v12.
After looking at this section of the code, I don't think this can happen in a standard playthrough.

To solve this issue, try one of the following:
  • If you're sure you didn't play the epilogue once already, open the console (Shift + O), type v11_bar1b = 0 and Enter → this will force one the customer to appear ;
  • If you already played the epilogue, enter jump JD_chapter_twelve (or jump chapter_twelve if unmodded) in the console → skips to Ch. 12 ;
  • Load a save from the end of Chapter 10.
Thanks friend, used your first solution and it worked great!
Thank you so much for the time you took to find a way to fix my issue.
All the best for the year to come JohnDupont!

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Hey JohnDupont I mentioned this in the main game thread, but there might be a bug your mod introduced, and even if it's present in the default game, it may be one your mod can correct.

In Chapter 10, when Lena goes to the mall to buy Ivy's birthday present, after buying the gift, you can choose to shop for clothes, which opens the option to visit the fashion boutique. If you buy the fancy dress there, it returns to the main mall menu, but with the option to buy dresses and bikinis that are not supposed to show up until Lena goes to the mall with Emma in Ch11. If you buy the dress and bikini early here, it breaks the game when you get to the point where she is supposed to buy them.

I also discovered that if you visit the fashion boutique, but do not buy the fancy dress, the option to visit the fashion boutique is now greyed out, and the options to buy dresses and bikinis do not appear.

Hope this is useful to you, and thanks for the great work you do on this mod!

Madkunta

Jun 14, 2017
Hey JohnDupont I mentioned this in the main game thread, but there might be a bug your mod introduced, and even if it's present in the default game, it may be one your mod can correct.

In Chapter 10, when Lena goes to the mall to buy Ivy's birthday present, after buying the gift, you can choose to shop for clothes, which opens the option to visit the fashion boutique. If you buy the fancy dress there, it returns to the main mall menu, but with the option to buy dresses and bikinis that are not supposed to show up until Lena goes to the mall with Emma in Ch11. If you buy the dress and bikini early here, it breaks the game when you get to the point where she is supposed to buy them.

I also discovered that if you visit the fashion boutique, but do not buy the fancy dress, the option to visit the fashion boutique is now greyed out, and the options to buy dresses and bikinis do not appear.

Experiencing this same issue

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017

Experiencing this same issue
Thanks for the report. A new version is out.

innocencelost

Feb 5, 2023
is there any way I can install it on android? because this 7z archive doesn't really work so far... (and YES I follow your instructions)

KiRiToBoYa

Mar 31, 2020
BRO.

What The Hell man, i did the persisted data and everything, no old save but still get this already like 5 times.
What is wrong???

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/gallery.rpy", line 128, in <module>
NameError: name 'GalleryScene' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Naughty Games\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Naughty Games\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "scripts/gallery.rpyc", line 123, in script
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "E:\Naughty Games\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2441, in execute
self.set()
File "E:\Naughty Games\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2455, in set
value = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
File "E:\Naughty Games\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Our Red String v12.1_FULL
Sun Feb 4 04:35:24 2024

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
BRO.

What The Hell man, i did the persisted data and everything, no old save but still get this already like 5 times.
What is wrong???

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "E:\Naughty Games\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Naughty Games\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "E:\Naughty Games\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2441, in execute
self.set()
File "E:\Naughty Games\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2455, in set
File "E:\Naughty Games\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\OurRedString-v12.1_FULL-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
It has been reported multiple times, I'm sorry but I don't have a solution for you:
https://f95zone.to/search/340875901...+is+not+defined&t=post&c[thread]=76087&o=date

I can't reproduce this bug, nothing in the report references my mod, I have still have no idea when it happens or why.

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
BRO.

What is wrong???

While running game code:

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
self.set()

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
This happens because you placed the contents of JDMOD folder ( database, image and scripts) in the game folder instead of placing the JDMOD folder itself. I know because I did the same mistake too. Now it works like a charm

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
This happens because you placed the contents of JDMOD folder ( database, image and scripts) in the game folder instead of placing the JDMOD folder itself. I know because I did the same mistake too. Now it works like a charm
You're a lifesaver!

• Red Heart
Reactions: DeFuZe

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Was there a problem with the named saves? I was sure I named my saves as I have three paths I was doing and none of them have any text on them now except whatever default was assigned to them so I don't know which path was which? I dunno... been a while since I last played this so...

Edit: I managed to unzip the saved file and found the name of my save in the extra info part, but it should be in the game itself, perhaps a slight bug where you forgot that? <shrug> Scanning my saved files and this time making my own textfile stating what each path is for.

Edit2: Okay, nevermind. I forgot you have to hover over the save to see the description. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDupont
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes