Mod Ren'Py Our Red String JDMOD [0.12.2.2c] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

thot

Oct 15, 2017
no problems between picture and dialogue, no error screen, i don't what i can give you.
Can you explain how access to the log?

Reactions: JohnDupont

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
no problems between picture and dialogue, no error screen, i don't what i can give you.
Can you explain how access to the log?
I tried launching a new game in all 3 game modes and didn't encounter your issue. In order to pinpoint the loop and start my investigation, please give me the line of dialogue when it starts looping.

Also, check you're using version 0.12.2.2 of the mod.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

thot

Oct 15, 2017
It's can be every where for exemple, i make 4 try at the begin of the game:
- the first i have 4 loop around the first dilogue between the main personnages.
- the second 2 loop the same area but with very short
- the third i had 1 loop on the perry first dialogue and nothing after.
- the four nothing
I don't know how reproduice the loop effect.
And yes i am with your last version

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there's a relatively minor bug that will cause the game to crash (exception). I say minor, because you can rollback and get around it. It happens in the sex shop, there's an item on screen, I honestly forget which now. If you mouse over one of the on screen options, it crashes. You can rollback and move your mouse around the one button and choose something else and it is fine, so it ONLY happens on the one button. I think it may have been on that furry tail section when you are first presented with it.

Anyhow, here's the error code...
Python:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/story/chapter_11_epilogue.rpy", line 1268, in script
    menu:
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_choice.rpy", line 43, in execute
    screen choice(items):
    screen choice(items):
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_choice.rpy", line 294, in execute
    use mouse_tooltip(screen="choice")
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_mousetooltip.rpy", line 6, in execute
    screen mouse_tooltip(screen):
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_mousetooltip.rpy", line 11, in execute
    if screen == "saveload" and persistent.JD_phone_allowsavedesc:
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_mousetooltip.rpy", line 16, in execute
    if tooltip and not _in_replay and persistent.JD_IGG_choice_tooltips:
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_mousetooltip.rpy", line 17, in execute
    add MouseTooltip(Window(Text(tooltip, style="tooltip_text"), style="tooltip_frame", background=Frame("JDMOD/images/gui/tooltip.png", 50, 50, 25, 25)), padding=(0,0))
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_mousetooltip.rpy", line 17, in <module>
    add MouseTooltip(Window(Text(tooltip, style="tooltip_text"), style="tooltip_frame", background=Frame("JDMOD/images/gui/tooltip.png", 50, 50, 25, 25)), padding=(0,0))
KeyError: 'JD_IGG_lena_anal'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    menu:
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1903, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1010, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1250, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen choice(items):
    screen choice(items):
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1594, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1712, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Our Red String v12.2_FULL
Mon Jul 22 16:13:11 2024

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
It's can be every where for exemple, i make 4 try at the begin of the game:
- the first i have 4 loop around the first dilogue between the main personnages.
- the second 2 loop the same area but with very short
- the third i had 1 loop on the perry first dialogue and nothing after.
- the four nothing
I don't know how reproduice the loop effect.
And yes i am with your last version
With the issue being unreproducible and random, sadly there's nothing I can fix.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there's a relatively minor bug that will cause the game to crash (exception). I say minor, because you can rollback and get around it. It happens in the sex shop, there's an item on screen, I honestly forget which now. If you mouse over one of the on screen options, it crashes. You can rollback and move your mouse around the one button and choose something else and it is fine, so it ONLY happens on the one button. I think it may have been on that furry tail section when you are first presented with it.

Anyhow, here's the error code...
Python:

While running game code:
    menu:
    screen choice(items):
    screen choice(items):

Full traceback:
    menu:
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1903, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1010, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1250, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen choice(items):
    screen choice(items):
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1594, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1712, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "E:\Games\RenPY\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Our Red String v12.2_FULL
Mon Jul 22 16:13:11 2024
Thanks for the report.

With a new version of the game coming in a few weeks and my expectations of a hotfix being required again, I'm not releasing the fix just yet.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
While doing my many different routes, I ran into yet another strange bug today. I looked at the code and I honestly couldn't see the problem. Unexpected EOF?! I don't see an EOF at that location. With this error I can't continue, sadly.

This is in a scene with Cherry, which I don't normally do...

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
While doing my many different routes, I ran into yet another strange bug today. I looked at the code and I honestly couldn't see the problem. Unexpected EOF?! I don't see an EOF at that location. With this error I can't continue, sadly.

This is in a scene with Cherry, which I don't normally do...

Thanks.

"Tease her asshole" (req=[("lust", 3)], tt="[JD_IGG_scenevar] Anal.\n"[JD_IGG_satisfaction_p]"") if ian_lust > 3:
should be
"Tease her asshole" (req=[("lust", 3)], tt="[JD_IGG_scenevar] Anal.\n[JD_IGG_satisfaction_p]") if ian_lust > 3:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks.

"Tease her asshole" (req=[("lust", 3)], tt="[JD_IGG_scenevar] Anal.\n"[JD_IGG_satisfaction_p]"") if ian_lust > 3:
should be
"Tease her asshole" (req=[("lust", 3)], tt="[JD_IGG_scenevar] Anal.\n[JD_IGG_satisfaction_p]") if ian_lust > 3:
Thank you! I was just looking at it now and noticed the "" at the end, but decided to check here to be certain. (y)

Update: Well, that worked... except when the menu came up and I pointed at it with my mouse (to read your tooltip remark) it crashed again. I could by this, like one similar, by just pressing the number for that menu, but just so you know...

Great work anyhow.

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Pick "Doom" as stated here in the game thread...
Thanks! I guess I could have just searched for the answer, but I have been deep into four different routes (and thinking up more). ;) Love this game. MOST of these problems, I seriously will pull up the source code and just solve it myself as I am a programmer, but I feel it is necessary to throw up a post in here quickly so he knows about it.

I was just doing a Ian = Holly + Minerva route and Lena = Big Dicks route (all black + Axel) just for fun. ;)

I already done a route where Lena goes all female + Axel (including holly) etc... fun game, the Eva Kiss is to be commended for the incredible programming as I can't even imagine the challenges involved in TWO MCs with many LIs.

Aouvon

Mar 18, 2020
Can't open the game

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_about.rpy", line 58, in <module>
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'label_text_size'

Full traceback:
File "D:\GAMES\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\GAMES\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "scripts/gui/renpy/screen_about.rpyc", line 57, in script
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "scripts/gui/renpy/screen_about.rpyc", line 57, in script
File "D:\GAMES\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2924, in execute
self.apply()
File "D:\GAMES\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2907, in apply
value = renpy.python.py_eval(expr)
File "D:\GAMES\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\GAMES\OurRedString-v12.2_FULL-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/gui/renpy/screen_about.rpy", line 58, in <module>
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'label_text_size'

Reactions: Avenjq
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes