Ren'Py Outland Wanderer [v0.0.24] [Outland Wanderer]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Sep 29, 2019
Another question lol. I've now made it to the beginning of the Slime Country dungeon and getting the slimes to the rocks is such a pain and I keep getting trapped and having to reset. Anyone have a way I could get past it before I completely rage quit lol.

Wolfarren

Sep 1, 2017
You know it say's there is a bad end variant for the hefty/malignant slime but iv only been able to get the same ending for both how the hell do you get the bad end unless the definition of "bad end" has been terribly butchered here.

SPACE!man

Formerly 'dudelookingforstuff'
Jan 3, 2020
Can I just say the disc game in the pub is broken. Could be cos my old save has high stats, but I couldn't hit a god damn thing in that game. I tried every power level, every angle, every rebound and sling, I spent 40 minutes on that thing and only ever got "you missed and didn't hit a thing". So I'm guessing my character just launched the discs through the wall. -_- I mean, it's impressive that they did that whole thing, I can't imagine the madness it took to make work, but shuffleboard games like that require feedback, not text. Imagine a baseball game where you see the pitcher wind up and suddenly the ball is at the batter, no travel, no indication of where it will go, it's just there, whizzing by them. That's how it feels, like some 200 ping lag.

So just a heads up to you all, it's not a fun minigame and might be inherently broken. I reloaded my save like 500+ times and still got 0 out of a possible 15 points. No idea how I lost when I tried every combination.

Edit: This position (lower right if you can't see it) scored 1 point.... Yeah. Pretty sure it's broken. Why am I saying is scored 1 after saying I lost 0/15? Cos I'm stubborn and hate losing so reopened the game after posting.
1677611165550.png

Last edited:

Bruhdashcon

Mar 25, 2022
Can I just say the disc game in the pub is broken. Could be cos my old save has high stats, but I couldn't hit a god damn thing in that game. I tried every power level, every angle, every rebound and sling, I spent 40 minutes on that thing and only ever got "you missed and didn't hit a thing". So I'm guessing my character just launched the discs through the wall. -_- I mean, it's impressive that they did that whole thing, I can't imagine the madness it took to make work, but shuffleboard games like that require feedback, not text. Imagine a baseball game where you see the pitcher wind up and suddenly the ball is at the batter, no travel, no indication of where it will go, it's just there, whizzing by them. That's how it feels, like some 200 ping lag.

So just a heads up to you all, it's not a fun minigame and might be inherently broken. I reloaded my save like 500+ times and still got 0 out of a possible 15 points. No idea how I lost when I tried every combination.

Edit: This position (lower right if you can't see it) scored 1 point.... Yeah. Pretty sure it's broken. Why am I saying is scored 1 after saying I lost 0/15? Cos I'm stubborn and hate losing so reopened the game after posting.
View attachment 2426829
I think you're doing it wrong, I got a near perfect score the first time I played the game. (My stats are all like 50) and I didn't have much trouble

SPACE!man

Formerly 'dudelookingforstuff'
Jan 3, 2020
I think you're doing it wrong, I got a near perfect score the first time I played the game. (My stats are all like 50) and I didn't have much trouble
Actually, it really does seem like it's broken on my end. You remember in my post I said "there's no feedback?" Looky what I found.
1677623425703.png
That right there be my puck. This was when I did the same thing as before but with the LEFT side. For some reason, the game is misaligned. And I'm pretty sure I know when it happened, before this scene my game experienced a number of errors. I'd assumed they were to do with the conversation prior but now I'm thinking something broke behind the scenes.

Edit: Yep, things are completely fucked my end for some reason. For some reason, the mini game and pub scene code is broken to hell. In the screen grab I'm putting below, you can see the score on the paper is never read and it just skips to the lion being drunk. This is because the next X amount of lines were replaced with error codes. -_- And I know for a fact I won this time because I saw the score before I left and it was 2/0/6/5. (me being 6) I could only see the puck if I shot from the left too, and could only score if I hit other pucks (hence why Ole had 2, I bumped him). So yeah, apparently my download decided lobotomy was better than a minigame. No idea why.
1677624430909.png

Last edited:

kursedwind

Jan 19, 2021
when I'm playing the disc game right at the end I get this error. Does anyone know how to fix this? I can't ignore it it doesn't budge. 1677710983092.png

Reactions: Pukiesmo

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
OutlandWanderer-0.0.14b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

RedIronBox

Dec 21, 2017
I've never played the game till now, I kept getting the enemy2 error the entire time in fights, I was able to keep playing and just ignoring it till I opened my map in the alchemist hut and the game crashed out.

Krolarnin

Sep 25, 2017
Hi my game keeps crashing during fight, how can I fix this please ?

Thanks !
I've never played the game till now, I kept getting the enemy2 error the entire time in fights, I was able to keep playing and just ignoring it till I opened my map in the alchemist hut and the game crashed out.
Dev made a pretty basic mistake and put the checks in the if statement in the wrong order... 1678156513673.png
the enemy_num > 1 needs to be first in order to short circuit the if statement before it gets to the problematic one... not after. apparently had the knowledge he needed it but not how to use it. as soon as enemy2 gets set, it never gets unset so it would be easy for him to not encounter it if he uses the same test save files.

In order to fix it you should use this tool UnRen.bat (for windows, see below for mac/linux)
1. Put the .bat file next to the exe files and run the .bat file
2. In the command prompt type '3' and press enter to enable developer console then close the window
3. Launch the game and load your save then press shift+o to open the command prompt and type in "enemy2 = slime" without the quotes and press enter
4. press escape to close the console. Make a save to save the variable to your save file. if you rewind behind this point you will lose what you've done and have to do it again. You should no longer get the error message

Edit: For clarification if you don't have file extensions shown in windows the ".bat file" is the only file inside the zip that you will download from that page. 1679048858353.png

If you aren't on windows you will need to use Unren for macos and linux for Step 1 and 2. Follow the instructions there for how to use it but again you will want to enable the console and developer menu with it. It should still be option 3.

Last edited:

Takinono2

Jan 21, 2022
Dev made a pretty basic mistake and put the checks in the if statement in the wrong order... View attachment 2445365
the enemy_num > 1 needs to be first in order to short circuit the if statement before it gets to the problematic one... not after. apparently had the knowledge he needed it but not how to use it. as soon as enemy2 gets set, it never gets unset so it would be easy for him to not encounter it if he uses the same test save files.

In order to fix it you should use this tool UnRen.bat
1. Put the .bat file next to the exe files and run the .bat file
2. In the command prompt type '3' and press enter to enable developer console then close the window
3. Launch the game and load your save then press shift+o to open the command prompt and type in "enemy2 = slime" without the quotes and press enter
4. press escape to close the console. Make a save to save the variable to your save file. if you rewind behind this point you will lose what you've done and have to do it again. You should no longer get the error message
Thank you very much !

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote