Zazzu

Nov 13, 2020
I have found the linux version of the game totally unplayable. There is a major memory leak that slows the game down, and eventually kill it within about 30 minutes of gameplay. Here is a short table of the memory usage of my system when trying to play. I was attempting to do the sketch of Gabby after getting the paints, paintbrush and doing the painting of Rob and the MC obtained from btop.

Game point PL mem used Free system mem
------------------ -------------------- -------------------------
Before start 0 6.75 GiB
Start screen 376 MiB 5.54 GiB
Start game 713 MiB 4.82 GiB
After paints found 810 MiB 2.28 GiB
During painting 1.1 GiB 276 MiB
Game hanging 1.0 GiB 129 MiB
After stopped 0 6.90 GiB

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior? Any ideas on a fix?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior? Any ideas on a fix?
1 GB of memory's not really that much in 2022 :)

The short answer is that one desktop clients we cache rooms when we move around to reduce loading from disk (which is what you're seeing from the main menu). There's a base level of "no rooms loaded, but UIs and non-referenced textures are up". Beyond that we keep a LRU list of 5 rooms as you move around.

Last edited:

Zazzu

Nov 13, 2020

The short answer is that one desktop clients we cache rooms when we move around to reduce loading from disk (which is what you're seeing from the main menu). There's a base level of "no rooms loaded, but UIs and non-referenced textures are up". Beyond that we keep a LRU list of 5 rooms as you move around.
My machine has 12 GiB of RAM. The cached memory goes from 3.95 GiB when the game is loaded to 7.09 GiB at the time of the game starting to freeze. It should still not consume about 700MiB of RAM during 25 minutes of play. No other game does that.

Reactions: hentai charley

demonbra

May 5, 2021

I am having a similar problem actually. At the end of my first game-play all my 16Go of RAM had been eaten !
As he said, there is a memory leak problem. The game officially uses only ~1Go of RAM, but minus Linux and my internet browser, so ~2.5go, the game used approximately 13.5Go...
Edit : I noticed it as the game started to freeze and lag like crazy.
Edit Edit : And all the memory was freed when I closed the game.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Did it 5 times. First one was the massage breast thing. The rest was just energy and + Relationship. Does Maria need to reach a certain Relationship point?

1649222592900.png

But yeah, you usually end up blocked either by another quest needing to get done, or by liking plateau.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks finished it. I bought all the swimsuits in the catalog but when I ask them(cath) to get in the Jaccuzi it says "You haven't given this girl a swimsuit yet". How do I "give" a girl a swimsuit?
Talk to them. Each one has a specific swimsuit she wants. (If you're stuck, the steam guides has a What a Girl Wants guide).

Reactions: hentai charley

danforce

Jun 10, 2019
Talk to them. Each one has a specific swimsuit she wants. (If you're stuck, the steam guides has a What a Girl Wants guide).
I bought every single swimsuit, not one is left in the catalog. It tells me the same thing. I have the strappy navy blue bikini for cath and when i talk to her about the Jacuzzi it gives me " You haven't given this girl a swimsuit yet" even though I have her preferred swimsuit in my inventory.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I bought every single swimsuit, not one is left in the catalog. It tells me the same thing. I have the strappy navy blue bikini for cath and when i talk to her about the Jacuzzi it gives me " You haven't given this girl a swimsuit yet" even though I have her preferred swimsuit in my inventory.
Yeah, you have to give it to her first, it's not enough to have it in the inventory.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The pool is cleaned and I have all the swimsuits but there isnt any dialogue for me to give them their respected Swimsuits even though I purchased all of them. Is this a bug?
Ah, I think I know what's happening; gifting's unlocked with Reyna's flower sequence. Can you give the girls flowers yet?

Reactions: danforce

danforce

Jun 10, 2019
Ah, I think I know what's happening; gifting's unlocked with Reyna's flower sequence. Can you give the girls flowers yet?
Nope. I need to do Reyna's quest. Im very sorry. I should have progressed with the other girls to see if that was the case. Thank you very much!

fast17

Nov 15, 2019
It started here, so... here? :D

In general if you're stuck at a tier (20/40/60/80/100) with a girl, and still have open content with other girls, go do that. They're very often interconnected. Also, for relaxation activities, make sure you do them at least 3x, to unlock associated stories.
Thank you very much for hint, but other girls are "in development" I've tried relaxation activities with Maria (sunbathing, jacuzzi and pool) at least 12 times each - one phone call appear, but nothing more. There are only two remaining stories Get closer to Maria and Visit Maria in her room in the evening for a suprise - and when I try to reach "suprise" in the evening is Maria still in room.

4.10 star(s) 116 Votes