• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Animalsys

Jan 29, 2019
Personal rank on the ones mentioned in this list would be(disclaimer im a dude that likes to ram dudes):
1. lkyt
2. paradise
2. no thank you
3. togainu no chi
3. dmmd
4. patient s remedy
5. hadaka shitsuji
6. slow damage

lkyt and no thank you is packed with both story and sexual contents, togainu no chi's MC is pretty masculine so i dont mind playing looking at him being rammed. Hadaka shitsuji and patient s remedy is kind of 55% more sexual than story focused lol so if you wanna go with something casual, you can start with them. I dont really plan to play room no. 9 and absolute obidience since the character design doesnt really appeal to me:(
also completely agree, lkyt was soooo good

• Hey there
Reactions: laserjet28

Venons

Aug 21, 2022
Wow I think I'm gonna start playing all of these games, but I don't know where to start~ haha
If you had to create a Tier List - which one of them will be at the Top and the bottom?
A ranking of The BEST to the WORST game.
I just wanna get a general idea of where I should start after I finish Paradise!
:giggle:
Hmm... I think it depends on what you're looking for out of a game. But this would probably be my personal list:

1. Lkyt
2. Slow Damage
3. Tokyo Onmyoji
4. Hashihime
5. Paradise
6. UuultraC
7. No, Thank You!
8. Patient S Remedy
9. Sorcerer's Choice
10. Togainu no Chi
11. Dramatical Murder
12. Sweet Pool
13. Room No. 9
14. Hadaka Shitsuji
15. Absolute Obedience
16. Enzai

My one caveat being that I thought Slow Damage had amazing art and a great soundtrack and an interesting story. But the h scenes were unpleasant.

Tbh I would not recommend Enzai or Absolute Obedience to anyone, unless you absolutely feel like you need to play every game that's ever been localized.

• Love
Reactions: laserjet28

laserjet28

May 15, 2021
Hmm... I think it depends on what you're looking for out of a game. But this would probably be my personal list:

1. Lkyt
2. Slow Damage
3. Tokyo Onmyoji
4. Hashihime
5. Paradise
6. UuultraC
7. No, Thank You!
8. Patient S Remedy
9. Sorcerer's Choice
10. Togainu no Chi
11. Dramatical Murder
12. Sweet Pool
13. Room No. 9
14. Hadaka Shitsuji
15. Absolute Obedience
16. Enzai

My one caveat being that I thought Slow Damage had amazing art and a great soundtrack and an interesting story. But the h scenes were unpleasant.

Tbh I would not recommend Enzai or Absolute Obedience to anyone, unless you absolutely feel like you need to play every game that's ever been localized.
This is perfect.
Ranking and tier lists are always subjective, even if you try to be as objective as possible!
I wish I had more people's opinions and data to collect... but the small sample size is already very helpful.
I'm now even more hyped to start Lkyt, since it's at the top of everyone's list it seems... :giggle:

mjj2000

Mar 22, 2023

1. Lkyt
2. Slow Damage
I am surprised that no one mentioned here the next bunch of good BL games:

Beyond Eden
Kuro No Tsuki
Invisible Sign -Isu-, Invisible Sign -Isu- Nemureru Mori
Nessa no Rakuen
Taishou Mebiusline
Lamento -Beyond the Void-
Animamundi: Dark Alchemist
Graduation
Silver Chaos
Your Heart Will be Stolen at the 24th Hour ~ Phantom Thief Jade ~

ZelvanInRow

Sep 19, 2019

Beyond Eden
Kuro No Tsuki
Nessa no Rakuen
Taishou Mebiusline
Graduation
Silver Chaos
I definitely put Beyond Eden up there, like my first place. That one was just amazing storytelling wise, artwise, and the progression wise. Then again, it is a rare Korean BL game afterall. Sadly, again, like most JP game, the happy ending is hopeful ending not real happy ending.

book no 00

Jun 8, 2021

Beyond Eden
Kuro No Tsuki
Nessa no Rakuen
Taishou Mebiusline
Graduation
Silver Chaos
+1 for Beyond Eden. My #1 fav BL!

Reactions: mjj2000

mjj2000

Mar 22, 2023
I definitely put Beyond Eden up there, like my first place. That one was just amazing storytelling wise, artwise, and the progression wise. Then again, it is a rare Korean BL game afterall. Sadly, again, like most JP game, the happy ending is hopeful ending not real happy ending.
I believe that several heavy endings caused the return to them in the second part Beyond Eden: Dear Edward

Venons

Aug 21, 2022

Beyond Eden
Kuro No Tsuki
Nessa no Rakuen
Taishou Mebiusline
Graduation
Silver Chaos
It's because we were talking about officially localized Japanese games. Admittedly, I forgot about Animamundi, cause it's basically abandonware at this point. But Beyond Eden's a Korean game. Lamento's been picked up by Jast but iirc it's been on indefinite hold for a while. The rest are fan translations, or in the case of Invisible Sign and Nessa no Rakuen, have no English translations at all.

mjj2000

Mar 22, 2023
It's because we were talking about officially localized Japanese games. Admittedly, I forgot about Animamundi, cause it's basically abandonware at this point. But Beyond Eden's a Korean game. Lamento's been picked up by Jast but iirc it's been on indefinite hold for a while. The rest are fan translations, or in the case of Invisible Sign and Nessa no Rakuen, have no English translations at all.
Well, people asked recommendations, and only Japan should not limit the Asian games market. And if not official translation stops someone from the game, then I feel sorry for them ...
Not to mention the fact that real fans play these games using the method of capturing the text to translate and do not limit themselves at all. As for Lamento, Invisible Sign and Nessa no Rakuen I must call that I did not pay attention that they were translated only into my native language. Heh, this is a very big hot loss not to play them ...

• Red Heart
Reactions: Animalsys

Venons

Aug 21, 2022
Well, people asked recommendations, and only Japan should not limit the Asian games market. And if not official translation stops someone from the game, then I feel sorry for them ...
Not to mention the fact that real fans play these games using the method of capturing the text to translate and do not limit themselves at all. As for Lamento, Invisible Sign and Nessa no Rakuen I must call that I did not pay attention that they were translated only into my native language. Heh, this is a very big hot loss not to play them ...
Don't get me wrong, I don't play only Japanese VNs, nor was I encouraging people to do so. A significant amount of the VNs I play are OELVNs because I tend to prefer their dynamics. My point was simply that we were originally discussing the visual novels that were officially localized from Japanese, then I was asked to make a tier list from that particular set of games. That's why the conversation was specifically about those VNs I listed.

Also...it's pretty unfair to say that "real" fans only use machine translations. DeepL + textractor can produce some incredibly janky translations, it's a really awkward way to experience games (and can lose out on nuance). There's nothing wrong with not wanting to experience VNs that way, it doesn't make someone not a "true" fan.

mjj2000

Mar 22, 2023
Don't get me wrong, I don't play only Japanese VNs, nor was I encouraging people to do so. A significant amount of the VNs I play are OELVNs because I tend to prefer their dynamics. My point was simply that we were originally discussing the visual novels that were officially localized from Japanese, then I was asked to make a tier list from that particular set of games. That's why the conversation was specifically about those VNs I listed.

Also...it's pretty unfair to say that "real" fans only use machine translations. DeepL + textractor can produce some incredibly janky translations, it's a really awkward way to experience games (and can lose out on nuance). There's nothing wrong with not wanting to experience VNs that way, it doesn't make someone not a "true" fan.
As far as I want to continue these debates, there is no sense in this. In the end, we all love these games and want to share our interest.
As for real fans, I am ready to rename them in radical in the sense of not missing more than one novelty regardless of the presence of a translation. I hope your sense of justice can arrange it as «pretty fair».
And although I personally prefer to play the translated games, recently I begin to understand them better. The couple of my acquaintances simply did not survive the covid and did not play games, the translations of which they waited five years before (as they did not do many other things fighting for quality, of course).
Therefore, I plan to play at Taishou Mebiusline Teito Bibourku and Bara No Ki Ni Bara No Hanasaku one way or another.

Venons

Aug 21, 2022
As far as I want to continue these debates, there is no sense in this. In the end, we all love these games and want to share our interest.
As for real fans, I am ready to rename them in radical in the sense of not missing more than one novelty regardless of the presence of a translation. I hope your sense of justice can arrange it as «pretty fair».
And although I personally prefer to play the translated games, recently I begin to understand them better. The couple of my acquaintances simply did not survive the covid and did not play games, the translations of which they waited five years before (as they did not do many other things fighting for quality, of course).
Therefore, I plan to play at Taishou Mebiusline Teito Bibourku and Bara No Ki Ni Bara No Hanasaku one way or another.
That seems reasonable enough.

I am sorry for your loss. It's sad that your friends missed out on something they were really looking forward to. I can understand not wanting to miss out on games, and it's unfortunate these games are so rarely picked up. It can be a hard choice to make. Personally, I've wanted to play Shingakkou for a long time, but the lack of a translation (fan or otherwise) has kept me from it. I can understand why people would want to use DeepL to experience it in some form.

funny-pony7033

Aug 22, 2021
View attachment 3586869

Overview:
Paradise is a Boys Love visual novel and tells the story of a group of men who go on holiday on a deserted island. When things begin to go wrong, they realize to their horror that they are stranded. Turns out that’s only the start of their problems.
Trailer
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2024-04-29
Release Date: 2024-04-27
Developer: Pil/Slash -
Publisher: JAST BLUE - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Voice: Japanese
VNDB:
Store: - -
Genre:

Installation:

Developer Notes:

Kindly requesting the v1.01 update for the game! apparently it fixes the easy/hard mode issue

Reactions: kamin3