WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
1690856693726.png
Are some of the quiz answers wrong? The answer is "Mermaid" apparently... The next one also has a similarly weird clue with an answer that makes no sense.

Reactions: Mr_Sel

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
Also, the scene art is definitely not done by the same person who does the character art in most cases. Some of the faces in the sex scenes are downright ugly.

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
So, I tried to import v0.147 saves (because I didn't notice the note on front page about starting a new save and choosing skip)
ok fine. I can and will delete my saves and start over again.

but...
when I tried to load it, it gave me this warning
warning.png
what the actual fuck. you put digital signatures in the save files to "secure" them?

The ability to import older saves is literally the number 1 most important feature of an episodal game.
"securing" the saves is the opposite of importing saves, which makes it into a massive anti feature.
The time spent on this "security" should have spent the time that was spent on the import saves ability (not hard. you just write a simple upgrade function that runs on load).

Also... harm your computer? really?
has anyone ever made a virus embedded in a renpy save file? I am pretty sure this is not a thing that actually exists.

edit: egg on my face here. this is a new "feature" in latest version of renpy engine.
I apologise

Last edited:
Reactions: Doom Marine
Apr 9, 2018
So, I tried to import v0.147 saves (because I didn't notice the note on front page about starting a new save and choosing skip)
ok fine. I can and will delete my saves and start over again.

but...
when I tried to load it, it gave me this warning
View attachment 2818697
what the actual fuck. you put digital signatures in the save files to "secure" them?

The ability to import older saves is literally the number 1 most important feature of an episodal game.
"securing" the saves is the opposite of importing saves, which makes it into a massive anti feature.
The time spent on this "security" should have spent the time that was spent on the import saves ability (not hard. you just write a simple upgrade function that runs on load).

Also... harm your computer? really?
has anyone ever made a virus embedded in a renpy save file? I am pretty sure this is not a thing that actually exists.
this a new Ren'py feature, i don't mind the warning, but it isn't allowing us to load old or modified saves.

Apr 9, 2018
I really hope the dev figure something about usage of old saves, if we need to play all over again just the a scene(with context) that will be a pain in the ass

Reactions: ninjasamuri

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I really hope the dev figure something about usage of old saves, if we need to play all over again just the a scene(with context) that will be a pain in the ass
Already looking into it. It'll be a band-aid solution as far as I'm concerned but it'll hopefully be something.

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes