quadrapuni123

Aug 21, 2023
I can't trigger arlena's quest. After having a drink then visit next morning and now I'm stuck. How can i proceed with it? Or did i do something wrong?

Last edited:

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
Mages of Palam (with a couple scenes for other characters for those not interested), are the focus of the next content update.
Hope , the Realationship & intimacy with the aunt/Gaurdian has emotional & plot buildup & not just meaningless fuking.
Really love your work ❤

Thereisnofuture

Sep 2, 2023
When this says dark does it mean straight up depressing?, they can easily stray into 'too bleak, stopped caring' territory.
Does it mean dark ala 'legacy of Kain' style gothic-dark or 'watch these fat old men rape and murder this woman' cruel-for-cruels-sake-dark. The former is great, the latter is depressing. I'm reluctant to jump in blind.

Reactions: EvilLadyKitten

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
When this says dark does it mean straight up depressing?, they can easily stray into 'too bleak, stopped caring' territory.
Does it mean dark ala 'legacy of Kain' style gothic-dark or 'watch these fat old men rape and murder this woman' cruel-for-cruels-sake-dark. The former is great, the latter is depressing. I'm reluctant to jump in blind.
There will be, and there are, dark moments, but I'm of the opinion darkness without any light becomes cringey very fast.

As for whether something is *too dark*, well, that comes down to preference I suppose.

Thereisnofuture

Sep 2, 2023
There will be, and there are, dark moments, but I'm of the opinion darkness without any light becomes cringey very fast.

As for whether something is *too dark*, well, that comes down to preference I suppose.
As much as I appreciate the response it does not really answer my question.
So question still stands, dark or needlessly cruel because reasons?.
I'm taking your vague response as soft conformation that its leaning to cruel over dark. The two are not the same thing despite how they are conflated.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
As much as I appreciate the response it does not really answer my question.
So question still stands, dark or needlessly cruel because reasons?.
I'm taking your vague response as soft conformation that its leaning to cruel over dark. The two are not the same thing despite how they are conflated.
If you can handle Game of thrones you'll be fine, that's the closest comparison I could offer.

Reactions: imqwertywastaken

Thereisnofuture

Sep 2, 2023
If you can handle Game of thrones you'll be fine, that's the closest comparison I could offer.
Oh.. yeah thats fine. I was thinking more, to quote a song 'cut your throat and fuck the wound' kinda shit. Shows where my fucking heads at eh?. Cheers mate. I appreciate the reply.

TONYCHAOS

Dec 16, 2021
i really love this game loved the music/story/characters/writing. i just hope the next combat update will be good because currently it is very bad. and perhaps an update to the appearance of the city map in the future

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
i really love this game loved the music/story/characters/writing. i just hope the next combat update will be good because currently it is very bad. and perhaps an update to the appearance of the city map in the future
Combat is being reworked now as we speak.
Also sorted a temp save fix solution.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Alderian News!

Hey guys,

Things are progressing nicely with progress, we're going to try our best to have something to show for the end/early start of next month short of disaster. It won't have as much additional content as I'd like however, it's unfair to keep everyone waiting too long no matter how important the work is.

Art is progressing nicely, we've got a few new locations to add, as well as continuing to revamp most of the last old art, (mainly bgs and some older character models like Markus' brother).

Combat improvements are also making significant progress, enemies can now dodge, we're integrating skills and different abilities you can learn into leveling, configuring the combat UI etc ... much more on that soon.

(New location sample: Adara's bedroom above)

Comparison Above of revamp art: Old kennel vs new (WIP)

One cool thing I have wanted to show off, as mentioned before, the plan with the 'perks' system is to allow you to really shake up the game during certain events in fun and unusual ways, with ONE of these examples below, thus, I'd like to present...

Female MC! (Still in progress)
Yes, at key events if you choose this perk you'll be able to temporarily assume the form of a woman in order to unlock a possibly entirely different branch to how quests can play out, and this is just ONE of the many different perks planned.

Some smaller notes:
-We haven't forgotten about the pin-ups, we're just trying to prioritize the essential stuff first.
-Yes, Markus will have his own female form before anyone asks.
-Yes, we have a working temporary solution to the save issue.

That's all for the news for now, back to work we go!

Thank you all so much for your support as always guys,
you guys are awesome and help make this project a reality!

Love, The Damned Studios Team

Regina seems particularly interested in the 'new' you ... But what is she hiding?

Psst, for those who don't know:- Parasite Black is now available for adding to your wishlist on Steam! Every add to the wishlist helps us out greatly!
Please do so following the link here!

0pis

Aug 29, 2019
Alderian News!

Hey guys,

Things are progressing nicely with progress, we're going to try our best to have something to show for the end/early start of next month short of disaster. It won't have as much additional content as I'd like however, it's unfair to keep everyone waiting too long no matter how important the work is.

Art is progressing nicely, we've got a few new locations to add, as well as continuing to revamp most of the last old art, (mainly bgs and some older character models like Markus' brother).

Combat improvements are also making significant progress, enemies can now dodge, we're integrating skills and different abilities you can learn into leveling, configuring the combat UI etc ... much more on that soon.

One cool thing I have wanted to show off, as mentioned before, the plan with the 'perks' system is to allow you to really shake up the game during certain events in fun and unusual ways, with ONE of these examples below, thus, I'd like to present...

Yes, at key events if you choose this perk you'll be able to temporarily assume the form of a woman in order to unlock a possibly entirely different branch to how quests can play out, and this is just ONE of the many different perks planned.

Some smaller notes:
-We haven't forgotten about the pin-ups, we're just trying to prioritize the essential stuff first.

Regina seems particularly interested in the 'new' you ... But what is she hiding?

Psst, for those who don't know:- Parasite Black is now available for adding to your wishlist on Steam! Every add to the wishlist helps us out greatly!
Can't wait for interrogation session with Erika, if you know what I mean. :devilish:

Onbunga

May 14, 2020
Alderian News!

Hey guys,

Some smaller notes:

When will the update focusing on the Sisters of Palam be?

Reactions: bobi121

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
When will the update focusing on the Sisters of Palam be?
The sisters of Palam will get some content the next update, not all of it, but some.
I didn't want to break up the update quite like this, but people are waiting long enough so...

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes