TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
A non futa option for the Palam devotes would be the icing on top for me. But man I did not expect so much Ves content and I loved it, very awesome. The artwork is a bit inconsistent but that's forgivable. Unless you can have the same artist do everything that's just going to happen. (Ves suddenly loses a lot of orc muscle mass and thickness in some of the scenes XD is what I mean)

The UI retooling looks to be going well. The battle gameplay did seem smoother though some info on the attack abilities would be nice but is probably planned.

Reactions: EJW and monk_56

bananaflyman

Feb 16, 2018
A non futa option for the Palam devotes would be the icing on top for me. But man I did not expect so much Ves content and I loved it, very awesome. The artwork is a bit inconsistent but that's forgivable. Unless you can have the same artist do everything that's just going to happen. (Ves suddenly loses a lot of orc muscle mass and thickness in some of the scenes XD is what I mean)

The UI retooling looks to be going well. The battle gameplay did seem smoother though some info on the attack abilities would be nice but is probably planned.
I assume people who don't want futa wouldn't like the lore about the god and all of his(her?) devotees being former men either, lol.

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
I assume people who don't want futa wouldn't like the lore about the god and all of his(her?) devotees being former men either, lol.
I actually actually have no problem with that. I don't know why you'd think men turned into women through divine magical means have to be intersexed? There is no reason it can't be a full conversion. Heck the statue of the god Palam is nude and obviously lacking the male bits in the background.

As I said it would just be the cherry on top for me, not something I'm expecting to happen, or being critical about it not being there.

Reactions: monk_56

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Okay, I need to revise from my previous comment, now that I have seen the content for the blacksmith's daughter, gold is easy to get, now how to get more content for Ves, I go to the mage district but don't see any options available.

Also Shani? I just get a wip for the prostitute, and how to access the library & store?

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
Old saves are likely dead due to the revamping of major code - Until our steam launch (hopefully in 3-4 months), we can't guarantee with all the tech work being done (as well as art configurations) that old saves between builds will work until then.
Hope you will releases it on steam soon. Day one buy for me. Love art style and story is very interesting

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Pretty much still once/day. Either HP needs to replenish after combat, or we need short rests, or a buff to gold / buff to potions dropping, or a place to buy potions.

I am not sure why it was not this way for you , but after we get back to the city I was able to fight as many battles as I wanted and health/mana was replenished after each battle, not only that but you got a health potion in the loot drop every time(think this last thing is overkill though)

grohotor

May 15, 2020
yea...I'm still not interested even if they have no male bits left. The fact that they were men is a massive turnoff.

• Angry
Reactions: Ullubu and EJW

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
I am not sure why it was not this way for you , but after we get back to the city I was able to fight as many battles as I wanted and health/mana was replenished after each battle, not only that but you got a health potion in the loot drop every time(think this last thing is overkill though)
Are you a patreon? Maybe that's a thing, not sure though. I go to the city gate and do my 1 fight, after the 1st time I forgot that I had done the fight and died, I started saving after exiting the gate. I haven't gotten any potions I don't think, just bronze and gems. Granted I'm at like 1300 gold right now so I could afford to buy potions if I needed to.

Maybe I need do need to blow away my Parasite folder and re-install it fresh.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Are you a patreon? Maybe that's a thing, not sure though. I go to the city gate and do my 1 fight, after the 1st time I forgot that I had done the fight and died, I started saving after exiting the gate. I haven't gotten any potions I don't think, just bronze and gems. Granted I'm at like 1300 gold right now so I could afford to buy potions if I needed to.

Maybe I need do need to blow away my Parasite folder and re-install it fresh.
Not sure about re-install I did not do that and my old saves showed up in the new version but of course I did not use them. (I was mistaken about this all the saves in my folder were created yesterday, for some reason I was rememebering there being saves there when I started) I started a new game. I just know I can fight over and over and each time the health and mana reset maybe my version is bugged?
I am not a patreon either so I should be playing the same version as everyone else who DL'd the public release.

Running W7 pro , so far I have not had any bugs everything works. EDIT: and I am not running any patches either. Totally clean no cheats.

Last edited:

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Okay this is strange, I am starting to think my system is doing something weird where do the saves live on my machine, running windows 7 pro. Not seeing them where I would expect but I do see a save folder in the game folder inside the main folder and it is already populated with saves even though I have not opened this fresh copy i made. As soon as I started this second copy the save folder created inside the game folder appeared and was populated with save from the previous copy I had been playing on.

EDIT: never mind found it :oops:

Last edited:

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Not sure about re-install I did not do that and my old saves showed up in the new version but of course I did not use them. (I was mistaken about this all the saves in my folder were created yesterday, for some reason I was rememebering there being saves there when I started) I started a new game. I just know I can fight over and over and each time the health and mana reset maybe my version is bugged?
I am not a patreon either so I should be playing the same version as everyone else who DL'd the public release.

Running W7 pro , so far I have not had any bugs everything works. EDIT: and I am not running any patches either. Totally clean no cheats.
I'm running W10 home, I just don't know. I dl'd the mega version, do you recall what platform you used to dl?

Also I have not been able to advance the Ves quest further then what it was in the last playthrough. I really am starting to think I need to blow my old install away.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I'm running W10 home, I just don't know. I dl'd the mega version, do you recall what platform you used to dl?

Also I have not been able to advance the Ves quest further then what it was in the last playthrough. I really am starting to think I need to blow my old install away.

I am not sure to be honest I tried removing the Parasite black folder from my user appdata RenPy folder and started a fresh copy and the battling thing was the same for me but the time passing changed. I am uncertain which of us has a bugged version. I would try copying your last save from the folder I mentioned above and transplant that into a fresh install after you move or delete the Parasite black folder in user/appdata/Renpy folder. I moved mine so I can take the last save I made and stick it in the new folder that will be created once you fire up a fresh copy of the game. Maybe it is the persistent save file causing issues?

Reactions: Darthjake

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018

I am not sure to be honest I tried removing the Parasite black folder from my user appdata RenPy folder and started a fresh copy and the battling thing was the same for me but the time passing changed. I am uncertain which of us has a bugged version. I would try copying your last save from the folder I mentioned above and transplant that into a fresh install after you move or delete the Parasite black folder in user/appdata/Renpy folder. I moved mine so I can take the last save I made and stick it in the new folder that will be created once you fire up a fresh copy of the game. Maybe it is the persistent save file causing issues?

Okay, I nuked everything game data in RenPy folder both copies of the game I had previously un packed and started yet another fresh install. Your mana and health reset as before after every battle. So I can say with a fair amount of confidence at least that part is working for me.

Can anyone else confirm that in the new version after each battle outside of the city that your health and mana reset?

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
I didn't notice at first but there were some persistent files from the older game, deleted those, and I got what, I'm assuming is the "new" intro, I was able to start from the bed, so I'm wondering what choices the game made for me, and if we'll ever be able to impact those changes going forward.

Ah, well this is just a test run for the moment, interesting enough, the game is treating me like I have not played through before so no text skipping.

And I just got quest notifications, which I don't think I got before.

LOL, I need to get used to the text being in the bottom center, instead of the middle of the screen.

Yeah, combat is totally different too, and just tested it, and my health and mana regenerated between hunting trips, and I'm getting health potions from combat as well.

Reactions: APoc1 and monk_56

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I didn't notice at first but there were some persistent files from the older game, deleted those, and I got what, I'm assuming is the "new" intro, I was able to start from the bed, so I'm wondering what choices the game made for me, and if we'll ever be able to impact those changes going forward.

Ah, well this is just a test run for the moment, interesting enough, the game is treating me like I have not played through before so no text skipping.

And I just got quest notifications, which I don't think I got before.

LOL, I need to get used to the text being in the bottom center, instead of the middle of the screen.

Yeah, combat is totally different too, and just tested it, and my health and mana regenerated between hunting trips, and I'm getting health potions from combat as well.

Awesome, glad you got it working now I am wondering if my play through was not bugged in some way as well. I knew not to load an old save but I forgot about the appdata folder and the persistent file so it may be that my play through was also in some way not accurate.

lostraven , Not sure but it seems like the old data located in (for windows) user/(user name)/appdata/RenPy/Parasite black/ folder can interfere with the new build. I see on the first page a warning about old saves but it might be a good idea to advise wiping the old data folder as well.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 74 Votes