HTML - Parasite Infection [r1.34] [Anon Smith]

1. 2.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

Pretty garbo, a lot of illusion of choice and since it's HTML and not in a real engine, it's a pain in the ass to actually play. The scaling is also all fucked up and it's hard to see stuff on a larger monitor. Cool concept, horrible execution. It's a shame because the art is kind of cool and the premise is pretty unique compared to other games in the genre.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

ducklingKraKra

In this interactive novel you learn to love parasite infection and then you are spreading it. The art covers most of the scenes and statuses with few exceptions. The later into game, the less is the coverage, though. The already present art is gorgeous, though depiction of some statuses might border on body horror.

The game is mostly a sandbox experience, with elements of a quest and several linear elements. Do read every piece of text you see and save regularly. The mechanics is grindy at times or requires careful management of threats. Personally, I find grind somewhat funny and definitely easier than careful management of risks and resources. Come on, have fun spreading the infection by having sex! And you can play this game with one hand, either left or right.

The interface could be a lot better. I’m of opinion, that coloured mutation mechanics is excessive. It does add some fluff and makes things funnier, but adds more grind. Regrettably, completion of part four requires use of mutations, which leads to management of body fluids as resources. Managing resources is pain unless you are swimming in them.

Moving between them is unintuitive. It is especially annoying in first part of the game, and becomes easier in the later ones. Unfortunately, map helps with navigation, but apparently doesn’t help with actual movement.

All in all, this interactive novel caters to a fairly rare kink and does it good enough to tolerate the flaws.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Divine Cyberman

I've played this a few times over the years and a lot has changed. Judging from the build that I played, it seems like the dev is heading to a more focused direction right now, which in my opinion is a good thing for the development. This addition of some dynamic graphics and art is also great. But the game still seems to be suffering from feature creep, there's just too much shit going and too many variables to keep track of and there seems to be a priority to just keep adding more and more instead of going back and polishing?

Some other issues that I have with this game:

1) I know its supposed to be a sandbox experience, but I wish there was at least a little bit of effort that was put in building the characters from the start of the game. What are their personalities like and what is their relationship with the MC before the infection? What do they want or what were they thinking about before being brainwashed by the werms, etc. This basic context is actually present in a later part of the game so I hope the dev takes the time to actually go back and add some basic events to the characters from the start of the game. It would also be cool if there was a gradual element to the corruption, but that is probably very difficult to implement for so many different characters.

2) There's a lot of bugs and a lot of unfinished content, which will cause frustration for players that are not used to the early access jank that is ever present in games like this.

3) The audio is really fucked in this game and has been since I played it 2 years ago.

Despite of these problems, there's a lot of cool things about this game and I'd say that there's really no game quite like it, that's why I'm giving it 4 stars and writing this review. Worth a shot if you're really into this kind of thing, but it might be better to just wait until it is in a more developed state if you can't tank the jank.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

lm42

Corruption of mind and body in one of the deepest forms, a betrayal of your own species for the sake of pleasure. Also lots of great stuff like neck pussies, nipple pussies, living clothing that merges into and fucks its host, canal parasites that act as pussies IN pussies, thats pussception folks. Really looking forward to future updates and especially looking forward to any new parasites. Not to mention the writing is enjoyable, the pacing is great; it can be a bit jarring figuring things out at first but it sort of seems like that is the point as you start out in a completely alien (haha) environment. If you think you might enjoy hardcore body transformation, conversion to alien species, playing as a parasite creature/infested host, covertly or very openly infecting the general populace, parasites acting as penises emerging from various orifices to fuck various orifices, BIG ol' titties, human and alien futas, gender conversion, and the list goes on. Also the art is fantastic.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

UltraMods

This game is the biggest mixed bag I have encountered on this site. For every cool thing it does to score points with me, it immediately does something stupid or annoying enough to force me to take them back. The game splits itself up into separate chapters that are distinct enough from each other to warrant their own sections.

Chapter 1
    You start the game as a human abducted by blue alien futas and soon after get infected by a slug/worm parasite that crawls inside you and uses your various holes as its breeding grounds. You are then set loose aboard the alien ship. There are a variety of parasites aboard the ship looking to infect you, all of which have an impact on the well-drawn dynamic character models of both the player and all the NPCs as well as the sex scenes themselves. This is, by far, the strongest aspect of the game. The game is reminiscent of more old-school RPGs. It's vague and obtuse in its mechanics and what your goals are as the player. However, there is an in-game guide for Chapter 1 only. I did not find it too obtuse as to be frustrating most of the time except for one inexcusable issue that I will get into later. The initial gameplay is fairly good until you are infected by a brain parasite. In their infinite wisdom, the devs decided to make this event play a never-ending static sound accompanied by squishing noises and generic sissy hypno whispers that play on loop for the rest of the chapter. But that isn't all. These sounds play simultaneously with the game's background track(s). Track(s) because the music for different areas frequently plays on top of each other in an ever-increasing ear rape of garbled sound. You will end up hearing two to three background tracks, static, squishing noises, and generic sissy hypno whispers all at the same time for the rest of the chapter. Thankfully, you can turn this shit off in the settings. When you reach a certain amount of parasites inside of you, they will make you so horny that you have to stop yourself to masturbate. The problem is this game focuses heavily on exploration and turns the horniness gain up way too high, so you will be forced to see the same masturbation scenes over and over again as you wonder around the ship trying to figure out what to do. There are two ways to get off the ship, which then lead directly into Chapter 2.

Chapter 2
    You start the chapter waking up from a "nightmare" until you discover the slug/worm parasite from the ship in your room that confirms it wasn't just a dream. You can use this parasite to infect yourself or save it for one of the many residents of your town. Chapter 2 is reminiscent of Chapter 1 in the exploration but focuses a lot more on management mechanics involving infecting the whole town with parasites all while staying under the radar. You have to balance the spread of the parasites with the detection level of your activities. You can't be too blatant, or you'll get caught and lose the game. Each character has three meters: perversion, resistance, and arousal. Perversion is how likely they are to accept a parasite. Resistance is how likely they are to resist your takeover and snitch on you. Arousal is self-explanatory and mostly governs whether they'll fuck you or not. This all works in tandem with a system that tracks all the characters' knowledge regarding parasite infections. In other words, characters are capable of knowing/not knowing whether you/they are infected. You can slowly corrupt people and fill them with parasites without their knowledge of anything being inside them/you until you eventually make them into your willing worm-breeding slaves that dynamically spread their parasites to rest of the denizens of the town. The problem is all this happens incredibly slowly. The grind in this game is like an MMO. You'll spend way too long just waiting for parasites to breed or skipping days to further along people's corruption. It's not the worst grind I've ever seen, but it's pretty damn bad. Of course, the parasite-sensitive dynamic character models and sex scenes are present throughout Chapter 2 as well. The end game of this chapter revolves around fixing an alien ship, which leads directly into Chapter 3.

Chapter 3/4
    Here's where that inexcusable issue comes into play. Chapter 3 is totally reliant upon parasitic biosuits that can be crafted in Chapter 2, which requires a large parasite investment and then makes you wait for an extremely tedious incubation timer per suit, which you will need several of by the way. At no point are these suits required for progression in Chapter 2. You can complete the entire chapter without ever even realizing the biosuits are in the game. But you literally cannot progress past the first screen of Chapter 3 without these biosuits. Better hope you saved because there's no way back to Chapter 2 once you enter Chapter 3. Frankly, this is absurdly bad game design. I did not have the right biosuits in my run, and I'll be damned if I'm going to grind all of Chapter 2 again just to get them. The game even has a cheat menu, which inexplicably doesn't include a way to cheat in the biosuits as far as I'm aware. You can start Chapter 3 through the restart button, but that randomizes all the biosuits and doesn't keep any of your Chapter 2 choices, so what's the point? That's my review of Chapter 3 and Chapter 4, which I will not be playing because of this baffling design decision.

Considering this game is 5 years-old now, it's not a good sign that it still contains so much tedious grinding and other bullshit. It has definitely improved with updates but seems to be suffering from your standard Patreon feature creep as time goes on. If you're really into parasitism fetish and/or corruption, I can recommend you play the first two chapters as long as you go in aware of the game's numerous issues and are able to tolerate a significant amount of jank/bullshit.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Zakota

Quickly want to clarify, those that are saying it's too hard are the issue in that area, not the game. The game is fine when it comes to playability, the most complicated part is that you have to read a small map on the screen instead of randomly clicking arrows and getting mad. The rest is very straightforward to the point of being a little too grindy for what you get.

I played it all in one sitting, aprox 4-5+ hours and I think I had the same expression the whole time along with zero reaction from my lil guy at all. It's just too basic, I don't know if I've been spoiled and my expectations are too high, but I feel like I just did the process of go place click obvious choices, see some rare basically PG-13 sexual screenshots, read some generic dialogue that basically goes from "get out" or "I do not like you" to "lets sex today because parasites make horny" and "you put a vagina thing on my head I am shocked" - the stuff in-between is just generic story, nothing really all that exciting.

I am usually pretty generous with flaws as long as the game had good gameplay, or even if it was just very hot. But when it came to this, I mean, I may as well have just sat there for a few hours. I took the time to read it all, keep an open mind and even am a fan of the fetish, but it was just a very underwhelming and under stimulating experience.

I wanted to give 2 stars to balance out the people who rated based on them being lazy, but then I decided against it as I literally could not think of a single thing that was challenging 'ok' in this game, so it still kinda deserves them.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

MachoGuy

By far the worst game I've "played" on this site

You know that annoying level in a game where you have 0 clue where to go with 0 indications and just pressing random directions hoping something will happen? Yes? Congrats! you fond a game that is all about that.

Also if God forbid you progress a little and find an alien in a jar you gonna have to do that while listen to it talk constantly.

But it not that bad, you gonna find an NPC quite fast and it will give you hints....You believed me? AHAHAHA The NPC will give you a game over and you will have to start again (Also while listening to that jar alien)

Awful, truly awful stuff.
    Wish I could throw tomatoes at this game
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Rainbowhead

It's not that I'm into parasites, it's that this game is incredibly good. And the devs themselves point out that the interactions depicted here are somewhere between parasitic and symbiotic.
    Anyway, great gameplay concepts supported by good writing and amazing art, with the only downside being the engine.

Parasite Infection starts as a text-based RPG/Adventure, but only to get you familiarized with lore and parasite mechanics, because this game is mainly a management sim: your character is already infected, not much to do but infect more people. The story supports this really well, and the writing for sex scenes is great. Lots of parasitic body modifications, obviously, but I'd say it's done tastefully, as weird as it sounds: the human form is still there, there aren't any hypersized body parts, etc.
    And the amount of people you infect, as well as the parasites you use, also matter for the story progression. Kinda.

The game likes to reset your progress in between chapters. You can spend a lot of time preparing for an important event at the end of a chapter, grind and farm various parasite types for in-game weeks, deal well with every obstacle on your way... only for the good guys to prevail and make you run for your life.

This sounds awful on its own, but it is consistent and explained well enough: you're not zerg or alien, you can't actually fight, so stealth and seduction are your main tools. And, on the plus side, the gameplay mechanics either get expanded or get changed for something substantially different. The locations are different for each chapter as well, so these resets allow you to try new things, kinda like going to a new mission in city building sims.

There are still some problems that this game has, most notably the engine and lack of proper descriptions for some mechanics.
    The amount of variables clearly pushes Twine to the limit, so the game noticeably slows down at later stages of some chapters. It's not that big of a deal on its own, but there are moments where you want to spam a single button 20+ times, but have to wait 20+ seconds for Twine to process every click. The UI could be better as well. The dev clearly tried to work around the limitations, but it's still wonky and not that intuitive.
    With mechanics, it's hard to tell what certain subtypes of parasites do. They're color-coded, but the only time you can see the effect is when you infect someone, and that's easy to forget with everything else going on.

Still, this is an amazing game that keeps you interested throughout the whole experience, and it deserves extra praise for gameplay alone. Unless you're outright disgusted by the fetishes explored here, it's a title worth checking out.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: r1.08

Not too into the whole parasitic nature of this game, but i will not lie, i have greatly enjoyed this game for its story and progression. The sexual stuff i have enjoyed, but if i was more into it, this would have been amazing. The only negative i can describe is that its an HTML game, which greatly limits its potential.

Overall a great game, even if im not really into the concept.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2077289

This game is really good.
    It is pretty weird that I find it really hot, considering it's about getting infected by parasites, but the themes are so good.
    Gameplay is a bit confusing, as I usually don't know what I should do in order to acomplish the game's goals, but that may be my own fault for not paying enough attention.
    I wish this goes forward and would like to see how the game will turn out to be.
    Worth exploring, it's something unique.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Icarus Media

So I stepped out of my usual comfort zone when going for this game. I'm usually Sandbox, futa, ntr, corruption etc rather than parasite, mind control and sci-fi etc etc. But I'm glad I did.

Although a html game it does it quite well. There is a slight gripe with other people in that a male starting character WILL be transformed, if you think about that it makes sense, a girl with the capability of having both genitalia as and when required results in greater probability of spreading the parasites.

There are multiple different types of parasite and depending on whether you keep your will intact or not you end up as a sort of commanding queen of parasites as you go around infecting everything. A nice touch I note in the first chapter is that the characters you infect will of their own free will infect others too.

There is the perfect balance of having to be subtle, giving just enough parasites and of the right type to infect but also to avoid detection, Ejaculate a worm up someones bottom and infection is slower but almost none detectable, fix a fully functioning vagina to someones neck and literally fuck their brains out....yeah that will be noticed. So you also have that aspect of management and tactics as well to enjoy.

Graphics are of of the moment a few pictures, static and not animated although the dev does add more. So that is being addressed. For me it was rather refreshing to have this character that goes from being a nobody into the potential queen of parasites, said queendom extends not just to humans but also the the alien race that spawned them eventually, So there is a nice pace to the story too.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

teddidiah

It's your typical HTML game experience; pretty garbage, grindy and low content while also prone to breaking. The biggest thing this has going for it is actual art assets, even if the quality goes from "surprisingly nice looking" to deviantart depending on how old the content is.

Of course, this game is a niche thing, but the big content for it is all the same: the mind control stuff that involves attaching a vagina to your character or someone else's neck to fuck into their brain. Every bad end is this.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Azullus

You've got to have no expectations when you play games that are as uncommon as this. I went in without expectations and came out with a new fetish. All in a days work. There are no big surprises, the topic is on the title itself, the creators simply expanded upon the idea, with decent writing and pacing, along with the above average cartoonish art to go along with it. All in all, 10 out of 10 for now as it was the only Parasite fetish I could find made in HTML.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2568093

Parts 1 and 2 are great. Tons of fantastic art if you're into parasite/corruption stuff. Part 1 is different from the other 4, being a bit more exploration based. Parts 2-4 function somewhat like a VN and consist of managing your various parasites while trying to infect and control other characters.

However, part 4 is massively unfinished at the time of this review. Instead, part 5 is being developed. Not a terribly big deal depending on which you enjoy.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

ara1111

Very grindy. Absurdly so. And repetitive.

You play as some random loser get kidnapped by aliens and have to wonder around a spaceship collecting parasites they apparently just have lying around for anyone to grab and a bunch of items to leave. The ship, for some reason loops on itself if you go too far left or right, making it obnoxiously confusing to navigate. And if you go in the wrong room too soon during this part you simply lose instantly.
    This part is... okay

Second part you are on earth with your parasites and you just kind of wonder into random rooms, place them and hope people get infected.
    If they aren't infected, most people will just be a dick to you with a single stock phrase and I'd struggle to call most of them characters.
    If they are, you can freely fuck them and add any parasites you want and tons you don't because they breed and infect bodyparts constantly without your control. They still have no personality at this point.
    Sex is identical for every character. You pick from a menu and it describes you banging. You can't give one chick different parasites to another to vary it, because they'll constantly add dicks to all their orifices whether you like it or not.

The goal at this point is to be found by an alien by visiting one area you may never actually visit, capture it and make a spaceship, then go to another planet via making 'wyrm suits' in your sisters lab. The game gives you no sense of direction for any of this, or how you get any parts, money, etc, so you just kind of pass days waiting for everyone to be infected and then seeing if they get a new option or not. A few come from buildings you have to double infect, a mechanic the game doesn't tell you about, when every other building doesn't do shit.

And to make it more grindy, if you do any of this too fast, an orange bar fills. And you die instantly. And if you fuck up this part and don't have a backup save, you have to do part 1 again. There's no option to start at specific parts.

To make these suits you need 20 of a parasite. You can get about 2 per day by walking into the rooms of people you infected, 2-3 per sleeping. Sex is always identical so this is extremely repetitive, as they will assault you on entering every fucking time. You can turn it dowen but then you don't get as many parasites next time.
    That's for basic parasites.
    You have 4 variants, with the other 3 taking parasites you make from these. Like you can convert 5 basics into one 'star', 20 of those into another armor. That's 2 and a half visits to people per day to make 1 out of 20 progress towards a single suit. Its absurd.
    And the game gives no indication to how much this matters at all, or any explanation on anything, ever. So you may think you need all the armors. You have no fucking way to tell. All you can tell is if you go too early, without enough people in armor, the game fucking softlocks.

Far as I can tell all the armor does is give more options in 1 single part of the game that doesn't even matter beyond that one cutscene, as you INSTANTLY lose all your armor and allies the moment that scene ends
    So not only is it ABSURDLY grindy, its absolutely pointless, just make 4 basic armors and move on

Now the good part of this? The art. The art is nice. That's really it. Its a grindy, unclear, overly harsh mess of a gam that I dropped at the end of part 2 (of apparently 4), after it once again reset my progress to 0 with absolutely no warning
  16. 4.00 star(s)

PlayDat

This game started with a great idea and has developed into one of the best TF/corruption/mind control games out there, and it still keeps growing.

This game has enough kinks for almost everyone: dom, sub, futa, corruption, infestation, living clothing, mind control, etc...

The story is well written and the images are plenty and well done.

I leave one star out only because of too many changes and the permanent removal of the ass tresher, which had great potential IMO (another type of parasyte to contend your body with the werm), and also to encourage further content and quality growth.

Some might think that parasites is a niche genre due to extreme scarcity of games with this type of content, but the truth is that parasites in adult games open many new ways of integration of many other kinks into a game, as well as easy to develop, interesting mechanics that extend the longevity of the game itself.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Scarlett's nightmare

What the hell?! How did I miss this gem of a game? It's actually smart and the writing is interesting and on point.

Additionally, the art is plentiful and extraordinarily well made. The summary here does not do it justice at all.

Play this game, support it! It's unique, it's well made, you will not be disappointed.

This is the gold standard in sci fi parasite games (It's the only one though, I guess?)
  18. 5.00 star(s)

HardDrank

Basically the best game about parasites bruh.
    The quality of the art is pretty well done (made by ModeSeven), and the history and the idea itself of making a game about parasites is amazing, pretty well writted and interesting.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

staghorntiger

I'm usually not one for HTML text games, but this one does a great job of combining art with the text walls.
    Don't let the current screenshots mislead you. Much of the art and flash page have been updated with great quality work.
    The characters and the infectious worms are sexy and colorful.

You start off onboard an alien space ship and become infected with some strange alien worm that drives you too infest others.

There are still a series of hiccups and bugs. like missing interactions in the choices and missing images for events or sprites
    But these don't take away from the game. This is worth getting.

There's also, surprisingly, a little education to real life parasites and infections. You'll find them scattered around the game. Who knew an adult game would contain education?

This is one of the few games I'm supporting on the Patreon. It's worth it for the quality.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Thatguy

Kink I didn't even know I had. As of posting this (v2.42b), male protagonist penis is mostly for show unless the girl wants to do something with it which has lead me ,over at TFgamesite, to say with each update whether or not Chet's dick works. That being said this game keeps changing styles and some stuff occasionally gets removed every so often but new stuff does tend to appear.