Unreal Engine - Parasite Inside [v0.1.2] [Kodman]

1. 4.00 star(s)

darkwizard1940

For 0.1 version, it's a solid start. Most of basic mechanics are implemented, models are well finished, current gameplay is like 1h to finish. Levels can be a maze if You are not carefull enough, shooting seems a little sloppy and i hope fighting will not be the main course of this game.
    -1 star for sex scenes. Dev tried too hard i think. They are too long, camera has fixed movement, and there is no way to proceed earlier but just skipping whole scene. I admire work that has been done to do this, but players like free contol more than well directed movie
    There is a potential in this game and i hope Dev can do something great
  2. 1.00 star(s)

BurgMeister

Version Reviewed: [v0.1]

Parasite Inside, in its current state, is a glorified walking simulator- or rather, a crouching simulator with the sheer amount of vents you have to crawl through in order to progress. Both its story and its gameplay need heavy polishing in order to live up to that 'gripping Sci-Fi Horror game' experienced promised by the overview. In its current state, I cannot recommend this game less.

Environmental storytelling is at a minimum, with most of the lore being contained within easy-to-miss terminals with clunky user interfaces. throughout the game, you find yourself navigating a maze of grey, featureless hallways, with naught but a constant, unpleasant droning noise to keep you company. (Hell, it's not the existence of the drone that's bad, it's just too loud and detailed when it's meant to be just background noise.) The environment, overall, sucks and is boring.

I wish I could say the horror aspect is laughable, but there's barely any to begin with. What little horror there is is largely tied to body horror, and I find that disappointing. When it comes to parasitism, there can absolutely be complex topics to explore, an example being whether the people being parasitism can be saved. This game does not pose any tough questions. It is straightforward, and it is boring.

The usage of generative AI to create voice lines and collectable images is disappointing, yet unsurprising. At the core of every good game is the blood and tears shed by those who worked on it. To replace that love with artificiality makes it difficult if not impossible to connect with the main character. The AI voice lines sound human, yes, but they are disjointed, uninspiring, and emotionless. With them, our protagonist is not a character, but a cinder block on legs. Why should I care about a cinder block on legs?

I can only pray that this game gets the creative treatment it deserves, else it is doomed to sink into the mediocrity of bad horror games, as so many have done before. There is potential, yes, but it is impossible to appreciate it through the mountain of issues this game's direction has. As it stands, it is a boring game with nothing inspiring to bring to the table. Also hire a damn voice actor.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Clubvisitor69

Quite good at what it tries to be. Although its just a short demo at the moment (30 min for me)

Animations are good
    Voice over is a nice touch (although it is obviously AI) that could be improved by a bit more change in the pitch, expression and dynamic. (As far as I know google cloud makes quite some good voices, which you can controll a bit more)
    I appreaciate the effort though.

All in all, would recomend and looking forward to seeing where this goes.