Ren'Py - Park after Dark [v0.22b] [SID Gaming]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Davox

Art an UI are top notch but the game design and writing are wooden and uninspiring.

Its basically a straight forward VN filled out with repetitive busy work to make it into a game

Every day is basically the same loop with a different very vanilla scene at the end. Draw, advance time, draw, visit princess, advance to next day.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

LN1982

Update for version 0.05. Although the game is still in early stages, the developer has added good amounts of content with each update, and has added the first animations which several people had requested. The game still has tons of room to grow, but the dev is showing promising traits that make me think that this game could fulfill its potential with time. The developer seems to add a new character every two updates, with the update in between further developing the newest character. Not sure whether the trend will continue forever, but it has been very effective so far.

Review for version 0.03. The game is still early on and only has the two princesses at the moment, but there is a lot of content already for those two. The art style is dead on, and the writing is very good and even has some good humor (mostly in the repeatable lines with SID). As mentioned in other reviews, there is some grind, but it is not nearly as bad as many other games. The notifications for topics that are new and/or advance the story are extremely helpful, I wish that it mentioned them in the intro. Generally the only reason I gave it four instead of five stars is the lack of animations, which given the game is new and the wealth of content that is being included, I just hope will change in the future. The park map already has tons of room for further addition of princesses, and given the multitude of choices for additions, I really hope the dev fills out this concept since it shows immense promise already.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

metadeos

This review is for v0.03. I really like this game, despite its current flaws. I like the attention to the older/classic princesses, and the art style is both spot-on and fantastic. The game is a bit grindy, that's true, and at a certain point money seems to not matter so much, but the base gameplay is solid. Updates don't come as often as I'd like, but there's a decent amount of content when it does update.
    TL;DR I'm giving it 4 stars because it's pretty good right now, with fixable flaws and a lot of potential.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

throwaway65y6134

(Played Version 0.02)
    An excellent early start. The art is great and what story content is available is well paced and nicely done. However its early so there's not a lot of content yet.

The attraction upgrade mechanic is slow and feels grindy, but the dev has said this is intended to be parallel to the story content, so once there is more story content, this should no longer be a problem.

The drawing skill up minigame is fun the first few times, but gets old. I ended up cheating my skill to max after it got boring. But the drawing skill level doesn't seem to block progression, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Definitely looking forward to more content in future updates