VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Passion City [Beta 1.5.1] [Chrys]

1. 2.00 star(s)

vengefulspirit

TLDR: If you don't like the art then there isn't really anything for you here.

It's another stat and money grinding game. It's functional, without many bugs, and it certainly isn't the worst version of this type of game; but it doesn't do anything that many other games do much better. I got a few hours into it before I decided that it really wasn't worth the amount of time it was asking for.

So what do you get besides the art. A few parallel linear stories interspersed with a grind system including stat grinding, money grinding, a stamina meter, a few shop items that just make the grind easier (but they cost far too much for them to actually be useful - your earnings increase exponentially so when you can afford them you don't need them), a few items and events that have a hefty price tag to slow your progress down, and that seems to be about it.

All the female characters want to jump on your dick almost immediately, with a few exceptions that are irrationally hostile and then change to wanting your dick very, very quickly. What could be a short VN story that had some level of coherence turns into a grind where you have to do an action with each character a day, you have to watch your stamina, certain events can only trigger at certain times, it's just boring padding for a generic unremarkable vn story. Many of the events take no in game time but span a full day within the event's story, many also take you to other parts of the country, but in between youre still grinding at your job in town.

Oh and the MC and his friend who start as interns manage to noticeably boost the profits of the LARGEST CORPORATION IN JAPAN in the first week they work there. And of course then they are essential and need to be blackmailed to work there forever. It's a mess.

But there are cheats to halt the grind you say! Well, theyre only available if the dev shares them here, so you can't count on them. Even if you could you'd still be left with a linear story that is broken into itty bitty pieces with no flow or consistency requiring you to navigate a grind system to see it. Either the story and characterization need to be reworked from scratch to fit the gameplay, or the gameplay needs to be taken out.

You also have to be wary of a game that asks you to pay the dev money to play less of the game. One of the main reasons the grind is so severe is so the dev can sell you a solution to it.

Anywho, if you like the art then you might get something out of it, otherwise would not recommend.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Canade

Animations 5/5
    Story 5/5
    Music Choices 5/5

This game and story give off an impression of a very relaxed atmosphere and I like the concept of working my way up in a company.

The animations are varied, with many different positions being featured. I do wish a little more emphasis were dedicated to ass angles / poses, but I'm not unhappy with the current content. What can I say? I have an ass fetish.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Honoikazuchi

best koikatsu based game for me i can say this from beginning :d perk system , animations ,loli prez , office , footjob etc. i really loved your content :D next patches will be awesome and hopefully the developer will keep updating because most koikatsu games are onhold or abandoned
  4. 4.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + We have pretty good animated scenes and different angles. Espacily that Hallowen Event animated sex scenes is made my day for sure!
    + Our renders looks realy good.
    + Our girls/women looks pretty good designs.
    + We have a lot of content (even despite being abandoned)

Bad Points
    - Our plot was so fast and we dont realy know anyting about MC.
    - Our story is not that well written and i was hoping DEV remake some story parts before completed version but sadly not happened...
    - Its abandoned and not gonna comeback again for some reasons DEV explained which is quite sad, it was quite enjoyable game...

For The End
    This was realy good game and it was one of my favorites before being abandoned forever... You can play but dont wait anyting close to completed game. Its still have more content than one of ''completed'' games but there is no ending for game which can be annoying for you.