HTML - Paths [R13c] [Stratos]

1. 4.00 star(s)

frownbird

Well written, and most importantly, understands what choices should be. This game doesn't make the player feel they should constantly "roll back" to change their choices. Each choice is fleshed out enough that there doesn't seem to be the "correct" path so to speak.
    As a nice inclusion, the game contains a glossary in case some of the ancient Greek terminology (names for clothing and such) is lost on the reader. Transformation options can be avoided pretty easily.

Formatting could use some work. Spoken parts are in quotes but they tend to blend in with the rest of the paragraph. Typical formatting (new line for a new speaker, indented speech lines) would help the readability a ton. Not a major problem by any means, but worth mentioning. Further, using line breaks to separate paths when describing a room would ease understanding as well.

A few readability complaints aside, this is a strong and sexy game, with enough content to justify a couple playthroughs or more.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

MyNameIsBuck

Well-written text adventure with a branching narrative. While lacking in terms of graphical presentation, it more than makes up for it with a good flow to the writing, attention to detail and an interesting setting.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ModsAccount117

Writing as of R11 release, this is a great game in the making! The encounters so far are really interesting, and the characterization of your family from their profiles translated into the trial itself are wonderful.

Even now, there's a fair amount of customization options as you go along, and the choices you make in various situations appear to sometimes have an impact on your appearance as well. If I had to add anything in this regard, it would perhaps be to make it a little clearer what is happening to you in certain instances. In particular, there are a couple references I recall to "changes to the midriff" or thereabouts that I wasn't quite sure what happened. That could just be me not understanding, though. Others might not have that issue.

There does seem to be a fair amount of freedom offered so far in terms of how you want to play the game, which I love. If you want the game to be more or less lewd, you are in control of that. If you want your character to be more domineering or more seductive/caring, you get to decide. If you encounter content you're just not that into. seemingly it can be avoided--conversely, if you really love certain content that is featured in the game, you can definitely embrace it!

Dev seems to be a cool cat, working hard on this and updating here as it goes along, so if this is something you might be interested in, give it a shot!

P.S. As an aside, if the dev ever gets an AI to properly reproduce their specific vision of the characters in portrait form, that could be pretty cool--thumbs up from me haha
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Y0GG

The developer understands how to tell a story. Very deep world building with developed setting. They use HTML as the vehicle to deliver their story.

I love the stripped down nature of the game with the author using their strongest asset their writing to build the game on. The map system is just enough to give the players the feeling that the are in a game. The developer uses all the areas of the map so you're not stuck in an open world that is under developed.

I hope the continue with development of their game.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

OrangePeel

Decent writing and world building with an in medias res feel to it where you get context about the world the more you explore. The main problem I have is with the potentially misleading tags, but that could also be attributed to the fact that you can either play as M or F. As far as I could find, there is no male domination content when playing as F, while playing as M there is pretty much only male domination content. For whatever reason, I enjoy male domination content with a F protagonist, so this was not my cup of tea. There was a lot of text I had to wade through in order to understand that this game has pretty much only lesbian content when playing as F, so I am deducting some points on that front. When playing as M and F there are vastly different tags, and the author should make that clear.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

M-MBand

This is a really good game. It's obviously text based so it won't work for everyone, but if you enjoy text based games make sure to give this one a whirl. The writing is excellent, which is of course doubly important in a game that is all writing, and the sexy situations are real sexy. It offers a lot of choice on how to handle the situations you encounter, but you will still be following roughly the same path every time you play. Still very replayable though, I've finished the available content multiple times trying the various approaches.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

KopNob

This is a first impression review, so take it as such:
    It is a very well put together game, that is rather short, but has no loose ends or endless loops/breaking logic while delivering already quite a nice amount of stuff.
    Things of note:
    - It is text only.
    - As a guy you play basically a Giga-Chad that will not only fuck everything but can basically mind break the women (many of them family as off now)
    - As a girl (via optional potion very early on, but also usable from the inventory if you ever feel like it.) you will get victimized more often, (though not exclusively) so you get both sides of that power dynamic.
    - It is quite sandbox-y, so implementing content should be a pretty straight forward affair, giving me hope for the growth potential.
    - The developer has some writing talent and investment in the themes/subjects of the world.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

valx8

Really greate game. I totally love the domination/corruption path. Can't wait for more. Very good example that if you have good writing you don't need pictures. Pictures would be fine, but i think they than need same level.
    I would just like a way to dominate the vampire (or at last i could not find one). Keep up the good work :)
  9. 4.00 star(s)

DarthSion98

Some of the best writing I've seen in a NSFW text game so far. Regular updates with no delay. Also has a nice map system.
    Altogether a unique little game.
    Only downside is that there's no art for the game, otherwise I'd give this 5 stars.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Paths is an interesting choose-your-own-adventure style story. The writing is good, using a lot of imagery to describe the various rooms of the temple your character is trying to escape as well as the numerous sex sequences. While there isn't a huge amount of content yet, it seems there will be a number of different endings based on your choices.

I'd prefer if there were a few less empty rooms, though a handful is reasonable. I'd also appreciate an image or two of whatever the hell the clothing the characters are supposed to be wearing looks like. I assumed greek clothing and found I was correct on looking it up, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd never heard of a peplos or epiblema.

Nonetheless, the game was enjoyable, if a bit short at the moment. I'm looking forward to more.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

insider09327

Don't let the 'simple' look of the game fool you, it is well worth your time.

Writing found within is of exceptionally high standard and consistency, well above other projects with much greater team sizes.

Information is delivered fluidly and without any awkward hiccups, easily readable without feeling simple in language or expression.

Scenes and action are given adequate description to ground it and to set tone, all the while allowing for the reader's imagination to play its part in.

Dialogue is fitting and enjoyable, conveying character and emotion well.

The map is also a great inclusion, fixing the problem nearly all dungeon-based text games suffer from, although I wish it was embedded in the bottom of the page, below the choices, as it currently has the tendency to obscure text both on desktop and mobile.

There are a handful of fetishes included, none are particularly on the extreme side, and likely enjoyable even if you are not the biggest consumer of some of them. You may skip all, but I highly doubt you would.

Only gripe I would have with the project is the quantity of the writing, but that is more out of thirst after tasting such delicacy, rather than that of desperation. With all scenes finished and put together fully, it feels more like an exciting chapter from a book that you are all too keen to find the rest of, rather than loose pages of drafts that many projects seem to be.

Overall, I can only send praise and good words towards the developer, succeeding in reaching a quality of writing that many others can only dream of.

A definite recommendation from me.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

isacrondel

Not a lot of content, but what's there is good so far. I see lots of potential here.

Only con so far is that the events when played through with the character fully female feels a bit tacked on. Like events were initally written with a male MC in mind, and only minimal changes made to accomodate the character having fullly transformed to a female MC.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

BNets

The pace is great and the term and environment which represent old Greek is satisfying. The game still alpha and so short anyway. Keep it up and looking forward for the next update. Would be better if there are some pictures of the characters or some "happy" time. Good job!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 712976

I enjoyed this game quite a bit. The storytelling is fun, and the gameplay is not overly tedious. You can tell there was a lot of dedication and care put into the game. Seeing this update was a welcome surprise. I wish you the best of luck Stratos!