Others Patreon Workaround

iamhedonistic

Jan 10, 2023
Assuming you don't want to submit ID for verification, is there any workaround to use patreon as a middleman to collect payments without any adult content on the page but redirect the paying users to another place where they can access the adult content, will that be fine?

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Assuming you don't want to submit ID for verification, is there any workaround to use patreon as a middleman to collect payments without any adult content on the page but redirect the paying users to another place where they can access the adult content, will that be fine?
It's the same thing. You are still using Patreon for adult content.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
All the rules are enforced even for off-site activities as long as Patreon is involved, which happens with the redirecting.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But not explicitly on their site, right?
And so what ?

Do your ISP send someone to your home each month to collect your monthly fees ? I highly doubt, like I highly doubt that the payment not taking place where the service is provided prevent the said service to be provided.

Anyway, for legal reason you need to provide your real name and firstname, as well as your real country of residence and, of course a real bank(-like) account. So, what exactly do you fear in the need to provide an ID ?

iamhedonistic

Jan 10, 2023
And so what ?

Do your ISP send someone to your home each month to collect your monthly fees ? I highly doubt, like I highly doubt that the payment not taking place where the service is provided prevent the said service to be provided.

Anyway, for legal reason you need to provide your real name and firstname, as well as your real country of residence and, of course a real bank(-like) account. So, what exactly do you fear in the need to provide an ID ?
But if you are redirecting users, it is not like patreon will see it is adult content since nothing 18+ is there on the page. So providing just name and country doesn't matter.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But if you are redirecting users, it is not like patreon will see it is adult content since nothing 18+ is there on the page. So providing just name and country doesn't matter.
And so what ?

If it's illegal in your country, don't do it, period.

As for the rest... Patreon it's around 200,000 creators, and I don't know how many millions patrons. For them you are nobody, no one at Patreon care who you can be. They have other things, way more important, and surely also way more interesting, to do than searching for all the creators in real life, then telling to everyone they know that they are producing adult content.

All this being said, I'm tempted to add that if you don't want to provide your ID to Patreon, you shouldn't be an adult content creator at all. It's something that will be a part of your life, and if you don't want someone who don't know you and don't care at all about you, to know that you are doing it, what can be said about the persons who know you and possibly care ?
You'll live in constant paranoia, fearing that your co-workers, your boss, your friends, or your family will discover the truth, or that one day, being too tired, you'll let it slip in the conversation. You'll pass your time lying, inventing excuse to not do this or that, because you've to works on your game, but you can't tell that you are working on a game by fear that they ask for more, want to know what game it is, if they can play it, and all.
It's just not a life.

What don't mean that all adult content creators are openly talking about what they are doing. But they don't fear that it's discovered. Therefore they don't feel the need to lie, they just avoid the question as long as they can do it.
They age faster than anyone else because it's fucking tiring, not because they live in fear.

lumley_gg

Oct 21, 2023
It is very easy to see where users are visiting from, and where a page is being linked to. Patreon has shutdown pages over this before.