PC Specs question

juneba

Jul 12, 2018
Hey. So I'm considering buying a laptop and despite using computers and playing PC games nearly my entire life, I'm still a little PC illiterate. I know that it's probably far too broad a question but I'm wondering if the PC I'm looking at is a little bit overkill considering it's focal use will be Ren'py and Unity engine games from here . It's specs are AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, Vega 3 Graphics, 4GB DDR4.

Aug 30, 2019
Just to be sure, this is just for playing games, not making them e.g. using daz, right? Because it's best to go with an Nvidia card for daz iRay, if you're making games. Otherwise, I'm going to say that 4gb of RAM is ridiculously low. Minimum should be 8gb but honestly, I'd never go with less than 16gb. I don't really have any advice on laptop GPUs since I don't use laptops, but from what I recall, the Vega 3 is an integrated card. I don't think it can even handle 720p gaming that well, let alone 1080. I'm not sure what your budget is, though. Is this exclusively for Ren'py and Unity adult games? You may have poor performance on a lot of AAA games if you ever decide to play those. It should be fine for just Ren'py and Unity VNs.

juneba

Jul 12, 2018
Thanks for reponding man. Yeah it would just be playing Ren'py and Unity games and not creating. I have a desktop PC for actual games, i would just prefer to not use it for NSFW things.

Aug 30, 2019
In that case, that should be fine. Only thing I'd be worried about is RAM. Of that 4gb, your operating system is going to be constantly using some of it so you don't have as much as you think. I'd still try and find 8gb of RAM, if it fits your budget.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
You should definitely look at more RAM, start at 8GB and work up from there depending on your budget.
Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7 will futureproof your new machine quite a bit, go for the highest spec CPU you can afford.

juneba

Jul 12, 2018
Right on. I appreciate the info guys. I'll probably upgrade the RAM, it's not terribly expensive but upgrading the CPU would be a little more money than I'm looking to spend.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Right on. I appreciate the info guys. I'll probably upgrade the RAM, it's not terribly expensive but upgrading the CPU would be a little more money than I'm looking to spend.
Upgrade the CPU before the RAM.
The CPU is the one part that can't be upgraded easily, if at all in laptops.

Reactions: 215303j

Shadow Fiend

May 21, 2018
Hey. So I'm considering buying a laptop and despite using computers and playing PC games nearly my entire life, I'm still a little PC illiterate. I know that it's probably far too broad a question but I'm wondering if the PC I'm looking at is a little bit overkill considering it's focal use will be Ren'py and Unity engine games from here . It's specs are AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, Vega 3 Graphics, 4GB DDR4.
If you are looking to buy a new pc just post a thread here this guys are really good just let them know what budget you have & you will get a very good response with the latest & the greatest also you can post here & here but make sure you let them know your budget & need.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cul