RPGM Peasant Pete [v0.2.1] [Apple Tart]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Untitled-1.png

The "Fire and Marshmallows" update for Peasant Pete is now out!

This brings the game to v0.2.1.

In this episode, after having plugged Mae and escaped the wrath of her father, Pete heads to the big city where both a new life and job awaits him.

NOTABLE FEATURES IN THIS UPDATE:
  • A whole new episode with twice the word count!
  • Multiple new girls!
  • Sex sounds!
I'll be jumping right into episode 3, which will be even bigger than episode 2. I'm sorry this one took so long to get out. Just had so many dumb issues I had to sort out not related to making games. I promise ep3 won't take anywhere near as long.

CHANGE LOG v0.2.1:
EP 1

⦁ Various dialogue changes.
⦁ Minor art changes to some maps.
⦁ Added missing emotes to first in-game scene with Mae.
⦁ Changed name of episode 1 from “Peasant Goodbyes” to “Run, Peasant! Run”. New name reflects something in th actual episode. Original name felt like a finale or something.

EP 2
⦁ Added Episode 2 - “Fire and Marshmallows”

GENERAL
⦁ Added “Sex Sounds” to option menu. NOTE: this works, but sex sounds in lewd scenes are still experimental, and only the lewd scenes in ep 2 have them so far.
⦁ Increased the amount of save files from 5 to 10.
⦁ Added additional unlockable ladies to Gallery.
⦁ Added sign to Gallery with some basic info about that area.
⦁ Added an NPC to the Gallery that lets you unlock all lewd scenes currently in the game. Use this if you lost your older save or something.
⦁ Fixed bug where if you finished an episode and then tried to replay it without restarting the game then it would be absolutely fucked.

Reactions: aymaym29
Feb 10, 2022
This will a be weird request but are there more rpg games with ui like this (like in pic 1), not artwork but the map itself. Most rpg games use the default texture pack

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
i love apple tart. best 2d art. best stories. best games. it's even ANIMATED. it's just

View attachment 3693971
Thanks, mate! I do my best, and still learning heaps with every new project. I think Peasant Pete's 2 eps so far show more of what I can do now than both my Stretchalot games.

Glad you like the animation. I've really tried to improve on that in the two Peasant Pete episodes, especially the cumshots! They were just creampie stuff in Stretchalot 1 and 2, but now they're like full 12 frame animations that I'm super happy with. I think the lewd scenes are put together way better in general now.

Narakin

Jul 6, 2022
For some reason Pete running from the farmer gives me headache, think the scenario moves too fast or something like that.

Anyway, always nice to have more pixel art games, the art is gorgeous. Well done and good luck!

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
For some reason Pete running from the farmer gives me headache, think the scenario moves too fast or something like that.

Anyway, always nice to have more pixel art games, the art is gorgeous. Well done and good luck!
ohhh. Haven't had any complaints like that yet. I can look into making an option to slow it down somewhat if enough people are having that issue with it.

It won't make it slower, but turning on Easy-Minigames in the options menu will make it so there's more space between the obstacles, making it way easier to get through.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
ohhh. Haven't had any complaints like that yet. I can look into making an option to slow it down somewhat if enough people are having that issue with it.

It won't make it slower, but turning on Easy-Minigames in the options menu will make it so there's more space between the obstacles, making it way easier to get through.
it has been a while, but I also remember finding it frustrating.

Insoniria

Dec 20, 2022
You should port your game to renpy, rpgm is very slow and tedious, with too many bugs, in addition to the horrible glinting that it entails, which is also something you should review... And your animations could be much better

Reactions: harem.king

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
it has been a while, but I also remember finding it frustrating.
I might revise that section in an update at some point. Maybe make it skippable if you fail it so many times or make it so it turns off collision detection with the obstacles so you can't lose.

The easy setting in the options menu should make it a lot easier though.

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
You should port your game to renpy, rpgm is very slow and tedious, with too many bugs, in addition to the horrible glinting that it entails, which is also something you should review... And your animations could be much better
I don't think Renpy is really set up to handle the sort of games I make. Like, I don't think you can just port RPG maker games over or anything.

Not aware of any "glinting" to be honest. Not totally sure what that is.

As for animatiions . . . they're a struggle for me. I think I'm improving in each game, but to create really complex ones is just asking too much at this point. I've sold my games on Steam so far for $1 and $5. I think the animation level at those prices is decent enough for now.

But yeh, always looking to improve.

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
How many h-events until now?
4, but one is re-used later in an ep so it has anal fingering. I don't really count that as a whole new thing. There's also an additional lewd "painting", but I don't really count that either.

Working on ep 3 now, which will probably have another 2 or so.

Aiming for 2-3 per episode.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rauryx

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Thanks dev,good luck on this game,i'm very eager to play it
Thanks. Let me know what you think when you do get around to trying it.

Just so you know in case you're waiting for it to be finished or something: I don't really have any end planned. Imagine it to be like Simpsons or Futurama or something like that, where I just keep making new episodes as I can and then adding them to the game with updates.

I will probably look to try and package it into seasons or something if that makes sense.

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes