Ren'Py - Peerless Lust [v0.34] [Darx24]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2553135

Before I begin the actual review, I will say one thing: if you are looking for a harem game, this is more of a poly/open relationship type game (leans more into open now with the female MC). Just a warning for those who thought this would be more harem focused based on the description (which I though it would be, but it quickly turns out the male MC is just there a lot of time).

The Good:
    Graphics: The graphics are good for a Koikatu games. The models are generally sexy. You can tell that the dev has good taste here.

Variety of characters: There are many different species of girls, so that is one plus for this game.

Neutral:
    Sex scenes: While the sex scenes themselves are fine, many of them feel repetitive (one you see one, the others feel somewhat similar in terms of positions and general dialogue).

Amount of Content:
    While there is a good chunk of content, a good portion of content is random and/or grindy (just repeat the same action to see the next action). If some of the events were not random, it would be much better.

Bad:
    Story/Choices: Practically nonexistent. As far as I remember, you cannot reject any girls nor have any input into the story. The story itself is plain: it is pure eroge than anything else.

Girls: While there is a good variety in the girls in terms of species, many of the personalities are severely lacking. They may start off with some, but as soon as the male MC starts doing anything sexual with them, they just become a mindless LI that only thinks of sex after that (I know that is somewhat the point of the game, but they should not lose out on all personality due to it).

If you want an eroge type game with little character development but fast sex scenes, then you will probably like this game. If you want something with more character depth, a story, or the relationships being more focused around the MC, then this game is probably not for you.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

spm3ds

This is a good, fun game, so don't get me wrong with the 3 stars. I just find that one main aspect of the game has pushed me to not have as much patience for it as I did in the beginning.

First off, The plot and characters are all fun and I'm always a sucker for a good mind control / corruption game, and this game ticks that box easily. I like the amount and variety of characters, and the bit of grinding isn't that bad. The visuals are good, though I feel some animations could be better (I still like and appreciate them, though). I just feel like a bit more change in each scene would do a world of good.

The one thing that bugs the hell out of me as I've played this game longer and longer.... is the sexy dialogue. I love some good (and extreme) dirty talk and detailed descriptions, but having so many words streeeetttttchheed ouuutttttttttttttt liiikkee thiiis!!..... I juuuuuuuust caaaan't STAND ITTTTTTTT!!!! I get that the creator is displaying that the characters are moaning, breathing heavily, etc., but the extreme lengthening of every other word does NOT make it fun to read. I get it that in a few places it's appropriate to have, but I feel like it's used so much that I feel like I'm doing a word search in the text box for actual words, rather than enjoying what the characters are saying.

My advice? Please trim this down and look into other ways to show things like exasperation, moaning, screaming, etc. It will ramp up the sexiness in the dialogue for sure.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

johnonamus

Note: This review is for v0.17 Public.

Peerless Lust is a great game in terms of content and pacing (somewhat). There are 4+ scenes with almost every girl in the game, as well as many "crossovers" lol. The animations are good and the art is well done. While it doesn't have the deepest story or the best writing, it is still very well made and has a lot of content already.

I do have a very small complaint in that having to train your "demon power" to get to some content resulted in me being bottlenecked by a few people for a while. However, I consider that a very small problem in the grand scheme of things, especially with how good the rest of the game is. Highly recommend!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

iron4doves

You're the strongest demon from your world, and your enemies were only able to defeat you "temporarily" by locking you away in a magical seal for a very long time. You manage to find a way to transport your essence to another world/body, but your powers are weakened. You must grow your powers to eventually seek revenge, and you specifically gain power by having lots of sex... Oddly however, the body you have taken over has a family, and even though you are a demon that does not give a fuck about anything besides sex, you act like you love/care about these random people who are related to the body you control...

It's okay-to-good (3.5 stars). I'd say it excels in quantity and "spirit" of H scenes, but the writing/story kinda picks away at that a bit. Many characters are also very predictable as they all follow the same loop: Touching scene, more sensual pre-intercourse scene, intercourse scene, costume scene, and maybe some extras. I don't feel like the potion shop grind really adds to the game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

dickchappy420

I went into this one being a bit skeptical at first but this quickly became one of my favorites on the entire site.

Most importantly, it has an extremely large amount of sexual content and the scenes are varied and extremely well done. Every female you can interact with you can fuck or will be able to fuck later. I found this very nice since I often encounter characters in other games I'd like to pursue and not be able to. On top of the story related scenes, there is also a very large number of situational scenes you have to find for yourself.

I was not expecting anything from the story given the premise, but I found myself actually very interested in finding out what happens in the future by the end of it. You also can find out about some of the lore of the world at the library by reading the books there which I thought was a nice touch.

Gameplay mostly consists of your typical point and click exploration stuff with some crafting on the side. There is some grinding, but mostly just during the early portions where you do your typical stat raising stuff and your money making options are more limited. Once you start selling potions you can easily make thousands while the side job you start with only gives $20.

I also have no clue what the earlier reviews are on about mentioning bad spelling/grammar. I found no noticeably bad errors playing through it that I can remember.

If you're into harem games this is definitely one you should try out.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Icarus Media

Some of you who know me as the resident Futa NTR dev will probably wondering what the hell I am doing here, well despite this game having no Futa or NTR and it being essentially a harem game I quite enjoyed it, to me it's still early days yet but a decent quanity of girls without having too many that the content is spread thin is good.

Gameplay, people have mentioned grind and for myself there is a tolerable amount, the better thing is simply to corrupt the two girls outside the city to collect herbs and corrupt the alchemist so you can store them, then make potions and sell them, that's the easier way. Other than that there are other places to work as well.

Progress is essentially spending time with the girls and gradually after more and more events you get more events, sometimes you have to speak to certain characters to progress but the girl screen gives you hints where to go if you need it.

Overall early days but good so far. P.S. for those who like strict harem be warned that the girls will sleep with each other too.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

BigMike240

Hot Damn PeerLess Lust is quickly becoming one of my favorites games to play and look forward towards. Been watching this one for awhile and realized its about time to give my thoughts. Best aspect I enjoy are the sheer amount of sexual content, tons of woman and animations bound to enjoy. Story wise is interesting short version- Your an ancient god teleport to a new world wake up in a comatose body and embark on a quest of corruption and banging. Nice Hidden Gem to add to my Diamond in the Rough Collection.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

MrHatIsHere

Rather solid introductory experience. There is some grinding, but not a lot, and it is not that difficult to make enough money for what the MC needs to do. And while there isn't much direction in the game, it doesn't seem to punish the player for it, and you do start to feel more and more powerful as time goes on.

If this game gets more fully developed, it could potentially stand with similar games like Corrupted Kingdoms and Hero's Harem Guild.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

washwashmaster

this is the best game i've ever played in this site, good story, awesome animations and not too grindy, also the pseudo ntr was pretty hot even tho is not my thing.
    I really hope this project keeps on going.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

SteadyDud

To sum it all up, pretty average overall. This honestly comes across as a strong first attempt at game development. If that's the case, it's quite impressive but it won't outshine any competition either.

To start I'll address the frequent complaint about poor writing/editing. While not bad enough to come across as English as a second language the game badly needs the touch of an editor or 3rd party proof reading. There's a great deal of mixing past and present tense along with general poor sentence structure. It's enough to be distracting but not enough to critically drag down the story.

The game itself didn't particularly feel grindy but it does take some paying attention that might be difficult if you're already skipping due to the aforementioned writing issue. (I'd like to mention that I did not finish all the available content the game has on offer, so this could change later.) Renders are sufficient and varied, but once again nothing to write home about. I don't want to continue lambasting this game for being just ok, so I'll cut this short.

This seems like a solid start to a development career and Darx's next game I believe will be a large step up with the lessons learned from this game, assuming another is made. I'd say this is a developer to keep an eye on as things move along as this game shows promise.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

mrttao

From the other reviews I expected a disaster. But I really do not know what they are even talking about. There is the occasional spelling error but for the most part the language is fine.

Grind was minimal... actually thinking about it, maybe they were playing too quickly and did not pay attention? Spa was explicitly stated to not be a good job, you are there to fuck and to reassure mother. You are not supposed to try to grind money there, instead you are explicitly told potion masters makes tons of money. Make potions and sell them.

Seduce the alchemist and you no longer need to pay to rent potion crafting equipment. Seduce the girls at the two collection fields and they will collect herbs for you.

As for MC being a wimp... again did people just hit space without reading? MC is a demon lord who abandoned his body and snatched the body of a random guy in a coma. He is not the rando, he explicitly does not have his memories nor is in any way related to him. Obviously rando in a coma is going to be weak. But you can rebuild the body to your needs in an insanely fast pace.

Anyways I enjoyed the game a lot. You got mind control, you got waifus. You go around building yourself a harem. There is strong Netori component to this game, and also impregnation (dialog, no visible pregnancies yet). Good stuff all around
  12. 5.00 star(s)

phathamo2k3

I think that a lot of the reviews for this have been overly harsh as most games in this stage of development are more proof of concept than fully fleshed out deliverable packages. The game DEFINITELY needs to be rebalanced a little bit as there is a bit too much grind for the content, but the character art is very good (well, to me it is) and the setting is very promising. Needs a bit more polish on the writing, needs to be rebalanced, and could use some more content, but it is headed in the right direction and - as long as it continues to get regular updates - this could be a very good game in the future so it gets five stars from me just as a nod to its potential
  13. 5.00 star(s)

kamibell

The game has a great idea, nice plot, good navigation and good characters, it just needs to improve the quality of the scenes and characters a little and add more interactivity to the Harem, I hope you continue the project, I really enjoyed this game
  14. 2.00 star(s)

EdgeOfShadow

The good:
    - the main plot in the intro is perfect setting for such a game +1 score
    - character art is decent

The neutral:
    - writing wasn't that bad, i have seen worse

The bad:
    - everything else
    - grind
    - minigame where you go blindly through 30 locations on a grid, looking for a few locations - that one would be in neutral, but there is no straightforward information in game that you have got everything that matters already and you are wasting your time
    - in the intro the MC is some all powerful god of corruption, in the game he is some random loser (and him getting weaker is no excuse for that)
    - not much content
    - more grind
    - UI/navigation

TL&DR: The idea was good, but the execution falls short.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

ghjghjghj

Absolutely riddled with spelling/autocorrect errors. Did somebody write this on a phone without ever looking at what their thumbs actually input? It doesn't seem like the kinds of errors I'd expect out of Google Translate, but at the same time the basic sort of "I do this, I do that" dialogue does creep in from time to time, so, maybe?

Unless you really don't mind frequent misspellings or incorrect words, and don't think it reflects on the level of care you can expect from the rest of the game, I would not suggest bothering with this.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

A nice simple fuck fest. Not a complex story, a straight up harem power fantasy, but capably and clearly written and seems to know what it wants to be. Perhaps a bit on the grindy side to begin but it doesn't take super long to get enough inventory/money/and training to trigger scenes. Seems like there is good room for growth here and the beginnings of a plot and dev does nice work with Koikatsu and there are a good number of quality sex scenes. As it is i would highly recommend to people who like the art style and are looking for a simple neotori power fantasy.