• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others People gonna ignore "app not installed" and "couldn't extract private data" errors on android?

Cailonmemay22

Jul 26, 2021
? most of the games i download 1 "app not installed" (ok fine maybe not its not compatible, but dont tell me that i forgot turn allow the unknown source installation, I DID)
2. "Couldn't extract private data" There isn't even a single post about this, or it's incompatible? . creators dont care about android users huh?

• Angry
Reactions: Twisted_Mind

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
I don't know about this specific problem since I don't play on a phone most of the time but it's not that developers don't care about android users, it's just that it's a chore to distribute various versions of your game and have time to test them all. Even on engines/frameworks that can do that easily out of the box you as a developer already have to worry about Windows/Linux/Mac distributions, can you imagine on top of all that also having to test every single build of your android app? There is also the fact that not every developer is super tech-savy.

Take a look around the forum, I'm sure someone had the same problem.

Reactions: Cailonmemay22

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Conversely, almost every android version I've downloaded runs fine.

First and foremost, what version of android are you on? What kind of phone do you have? The problem is that older android phones struggle with bigger Renpy games. My Note 10+ runs 95% percent of Renpy Android ports. Whereas my Note 5 won't even start or install a lot of them. An older phone may cause problems.

To your first point, Android isn't going to tell you that need to allow unknown sources if you've done it already. My phone asks that for each individual app that I sideload. So, it's certainly possible you did forget. If it's not asking you per app, I'd assume you're likely using an older/custom version of android? I'm basing that off of Samsung and their One UI, though. May be different for other brands.

Your second point, if I remember correctly, has nothing to do with creators/devs and everything to do with your phone. I believe that error comes from a lack of space. I could be wrong there, though. Even then, it's kind of a hassle to make Android ports for Renpy games, which is why you don't see a lot of official versions.\

As a last resort, you could always try .

Cailonmemay22

Jul 26, 2021
Trong khi đó, bạn sẽ không gặp khó khăn.
I don't know about this specific problem since I don't play on a phone most of the time but it's not that developers don't care about android users, it's just that it's a chore to distribute various versions of your game and have time to test them all. Even on engines/frameworks that can do that easily out of the box you as a developer already have to worry about Windows/Linux/Mac distributions, can you imagine on top of all that also having to test every single build of your android app? There is also the fact that not every developer is super tech-savy.

Take a look around the forum, I'm sure someone had the same problem.
Thanks!
there are a lot of people who have these problems, but what they get in return is just disappointing answers

Reactions: Amfortas

Cailonmemay22

Jul 26, 2021

First and foremost, what version of android are you on? What kind of phone do you have? The problem is that older android phones struggle with bigger Renpy games. My Note 10+ runs 95% percent of Renpy Android ports. Whereas my Note 5 won't even start or install a lot of them. An older phone may cause problems.

To your first point, Android isn't going to tell you that need to allow unknown sources if you've done it already. My phone asks that for each individual app that I sideload. So, it's certainly possible you did forget. If it's not asking you per app, I'd assume you're likely using an older/custom version of android? I'm basing that off of Samsung and their One UI, though. May be different for other brands.

Your second point, if I remember correctly, has nothing to do with creators/devs and everything to do with your phone. I believe that error comes from a lack of space. I could be wrong there, though. Even then, it's kind of a hassle to make Android ports for Renpy games, which is why you don't see a lot of official versions.\

i use redmi7, in 2019, i can play almost all the games, but since they updated (2020-2021) their game versions, it's almost unplayable. everything is getting worse
. and second point, I've tried googling it and it has to do with lacking internal storage but i
think it has game port problem. Cuz I had like so much GB available and the app i downloaded is less than 1gb.

i will try joiplay, joiplay also has problem and lag too

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Oh and my last word in this post, F*ck RenPy
Oh, right, because there are better game engines available, which allow to convert games into Android apps easier and more reliably than Ren'Py?! :rolleyes:

Your problems are highly likely to do with your phone, as others already noted and first and foremost with your presumption that you should be able to run all games on your phone. A lot of Android ports are unofficial and unsupported, consider yourself lucky if you can run any of them at all.
What makes you think that you are entitled to satisfactory answers?

• When was the last time you did a factory reset of your Android OS? Android system can get messed up and its perfomance will deteriorate if it hasn't been cleaned up for several years. Especially if you are using it to play games and you're running out of free space.
  • Have you installed all the available OS updates?
  • Do you have enough free space for your apps on your phone? Android won't tell you if there's not enough space on the system partition for an app, not before it fails to install it. And these games do tend to be quite large. It's possible that the system won't complain about the lack of space because there's still enough space for normal apps, but not for apps as large as these games.

Last edited:
Reactions: DearLegend37

Cailonmemay22

Jul 26, 2021
Oh, right, because there are better game engines available, which allow to convert games into Android apps easier and more reliably than Ren'Py?! :rolleyes:

Your problems are highly likely to do with your phone, as others already noted and first and foremost with your presumption that you should be able to run all games on your phone. A lot of Android ports are unofficial and unsupported, consider yourself lucky if you can run any of them at all.

• When was the last time you did a factory reset of your Android OS? Android system can get messed up and its perfomance will deteriorate if it hasn't been cleaned up for several years. Especially if you are using it to play games and you're running out of free space.
  • Do you have enough free space for your apps on your phone? Android won't tell you if there's not enough space on the system partition for an app, not before it fails to install it. And these games do tend to be quite large. It's possible that the system won't complain about the lack of space because there's still enough space for normal apps, but not for apps as large as these games.
? did i ask for satisfactory answers? Ah yes, if its my phone problem, there is just only me got this problem, then why other had it too? ( )

then why i can play this game, but cant play that game? And i also did a factory reset a few months ago. [lots of free space]

Cailonmemay22

Jul 26, 2021
dont misundertand me, i thought t

And dont misundertand me
i also think this is a phone problem, but i tested those games on my other (samsung) phone and it's the same

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
It's likely a port issue at this point, but there was a problem recently with the repository (I don't recall the exact term). I believe it just shut down. I do believe it might've been the 7.4.4 version (or so) of Ren'py. It's a bit of a long shot, but you can try this:

Download/open a file explorer, I personally use Cx Explorer. Go to Android/Data/ and then look for any Renpy games there. If there is, uninstall your current Renpy games, and if any remain afterward delete them. Now download a cleaner. CCleaner should work fine. Let it clear the phone (deselect any files you care about.) of the junk/trash files. Download a Ren'py game, but DON'T install it via the notification panel. Instead, go back into your file explorer and access your downloads folder and try to install it that way.

It may or may not work, but it's worth a shot.

Reactions: Cailonmemay22

Cailonmemay22

Jul 26, 2021
It's likely a port issue at this point, but there was a problem recently with the repository (I don't recall the exact term). I believe it just shut down. I do believe it might've been the 7.4.4 version (or so) of Ren'py. It's a bit of a long shot, but you can try this:

Download/open a file explorer, I personally use Cx Explorer. Go to Android/Data/ and then look for any Renpy games there. If there is, uninstall your current Renpy games, and if any remain afterward delete them. Now download a cleaner. CCleaner should work fine. Let it clear the phone (deselect any files you care about.) of the junk/trash files. Download a Ren'py game, but DON'T install it via the notification panel. Instead, go back into your file explorer and access your downloads folder and try to install it that way.

It may or may not work, but it's worth a shot.
thank you for your interest, i already know about this and it works, i only post this because i want to understand why it has these errors. Ty <3

Reactions: MissFortune