Others - Pervert Action: Timelapse [v0.63] [BBBen]

1. 5.00 star(s)

GleenXstudio

Interesting and different

I'm surprised of the lack of reviews for this game which deserves more attention than this imo. It has a different vibe than many games out there and is pretty promising despite the lack of animations.

--- Chara Design :
    Pretty unique, it has a Frozen Disney type of graphisms and chara design. The backgrounds are very detailed and realistic. The girls are nice, the quality of graphism is really high overall

--- Story/BackGround :
    The writting is very good. The story can seem classical, but it is kind of intringuing. I find it fun to try to patch up a mess you have no idea about how you created it. Some funny jokes at times.

--- Sex scenes/animations :
    The weak point at the moment, no animations although the renders are nice.
    No many sex scenes at 0.7 but not really an issue for the interest of the game.

--- Contents/Gameplay :
    The gameplay is sandbox like, with some scripted events. There are some grind but in a reasonable amount. The love/trust/jealousy/date management is pretty well done, but could be improved with more variety, more surprise. It is a bit too easy and logical I would say. Also when jealousy reach 10, I think it should affect love point negatively also, just losing 1 shift of day is rather weak as penalty... well maybe atm it is because we have time to reach the 100 points that it seems not so challenging. Maybe in the future the number of days will be more limited and will force you to invest your time in the best way possible

Anyway, not a AAA budget game, but a very nice little gem out there. Check it.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

DD0

I've been curious about the work of this developer for some time, but was never able to make any of his previous titles work as a mac user. So I can be considered a new consumer of content from someone who seems popular.

I don't play many Unity games, since rollback is so important nowadays. A single errant click and you can miss great art or part of an important scene. You really need to play this more like a mainstream game, and remember to save frequently. That's not a bad thing, just an observation and comparison to the more common renpy games I play.

This definitely looks like it's going to be a grind. How much of a grind remains to be seen, as things haven't really progressed beyond five or six game days. I have a suspicion that you may have to do things just right to get a harem ending here. So, the question is: is the juice worth the squeeze? Should I be eager to grind for the potential payoff? That partly depends on what you think of the artwork. I find the three ladies plenty attractive, so that's one hurdle passed.

OTOH, I'm not seeing any animation. A few years back, that was pretty normal. In fact, a lot of the animation back then was so slow and janky that non-animated games were preferred by lots of fans. But things have progressed by leaps and bounds, as the tech became easier to use and indie devs gained greater skill. Nowadays, I don't spend a lot of time on games with still images. Playboy is over. Activity is the future.

Obviously, shortcomings can be overcome by either unique gameplay or a good story. The story here is decent, but it isn't going to compete with PGTE (for example). The basic premise is pretty standard (amnesia) with some supernatural mystery thrown in.

Over all, it's an OK experience that seems just a little behind the times. That's gonna be three stars from me, dawg.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

SuperMaxo

(version 0.2.3)
    A very, very promising intro; as a player, I really want to know what happened to the MC, which means that the dev has written a gripping hook. Graphics are superior, characters are well defined (each has a unique personality), writing is top notch (it really helps -- I like reading in games, not just examining scantily clad ladies), and I'm so grateful that, for once, Mac users are taken into account.

Worth keeping on my radar; a very good chance I end up being a patron too, once I'm out of the deep end.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Vilbrig

BBBen delivers a promising Japan-themed setting with his signature combination of custom and visually distinctive models, playful easter eggs, a bit of a grind, and maybe most importantly for me, a mythos that keeps your brain engaged with the unfolding plot.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

itzaguy

One of the hardest working creators in the industry. With a change of engine making it more accessible and a decent start with voice acting already included and as always a good story there is no reason you should at least give this game a try and support it if you think it deserves it.