SlothOnMeth

Apr 15, 2021
I made the game open world because I thought people would enjoy the open ended aspect rather than quick travelling as there are not many NSFW games (That I know of) with open world.
But what does this open world contain? What is it for?

It's a good idea only if you actually have something to fill it with. Can you randomly meet named NPCs on the street and talk to them? Do NPCs have a daily schedule? Do they enter and exit buildings? What are the reasons for you to fight NPCs? These sorts of ideas should have been at least minimally introduced before building that huge map.

As it stands now it's not even empty, it's filled with annoyance in the form of pedestrians that keep bumping into you. Being in the open world is a negative experience, you are forced to use it to get to any place where things happen, you have to use WASD keys to move and you have no idea where you are going. The map is awkward to use and the you-are-here dot isn't even in the exactly correct spot and is hard to find. (It would be much more convenient if the view could just zoom in and out, making the map unneccesary, but that's probably not even possible with this game engine.)

Consider that the town map may simply be too large. It might be a greatly improved experience if only the buildings that you can enter remain and all others are removed. Or at least the decorative buildings moved to periphery only.

Making an enjoyable open world experience is a very hard and time consuming task. Scope creep is a common killer of games on this forum. I strongly urge you to make a long term plan for how you are going to manage your time to be able to actually produce something complete, not an overly ambitious abandoned project. Figure out what matters most and focus on it.

Open world especially depends on QoL improvements. Personally I didn't even reach any of the lewd content, the game is just too infuriating, everything takes too long.

Reactions: Temujin1312

FunCream

Feb 26, 2023
I agree with all of you. Yeah I feel there's too much grinding in this game especially just simply walking your character around the whole map even npcs just keep running into you and pushing you while I think this game has potential being something good. It's irritating and drives me nuts a little bit. Lol. I honestly don't like using the keyboard especially I have trouble using my left hand, I'm disabled. I love using my mouse with my right hand for almost everything especially clicking anywhere for moving my character any location even interacting with npcs and I like fast traveling while I love sandbox and open-world games like Fallout 4, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto V Online or Insomniac's Marvel's Spider-Man and exploring around (I also love using my Xbox controller when I play these games and other games). I'm glad you're listening our feedbacks FunCream. :giggle:

Edit: Oh I'm wondering do you know where I can find the lockpicks.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been working on adding gamepad compatibility to the game and hope it will be available in the near future. I will also look into adding some accessibility features (I.e using the right mouse button to control the character). Before today I had never had anyone bring annoyances with NPCs to my attention but it seems to be a common complaint so I will look into patching their pathfinding to avoid the player. If it helps at all, once you upgrade your strength you can unlock the ability to sprint where you can just push NPCs to the ground and run straight over them.

finally, you unlock lockpicks as you advance through Jades storyline (she works at Quick-Store.)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dark Lord Nova

FunCream

Feb 26, 2023
But what does this open world contain? What is it for?

It's a good idea only if you actually have something to fill it with. Can you randomly meet named NPCs on the street and talk to them? Do NPCs have a daily schedule? Do they enter and exit buildings? What are the reasons for you to fight NPCs? These sorts of ideas should have been at least minimally introduced before building that huge map.

As it stands now it's not even empty, it's filled with annoyance in the form of pedestrians that keep bumping into you. Being in the open world is a negative experience, you are forced to use it to get to any place where things happen, you have to use WASD keys to move and you have no idea where you are going. The map is awkward to use and the you-are-here dot isn't even in the exactly correct spot and is hard to find. (It would be much more convenient if the view could just zoom in and out, making the map unneccesary, but that's probably not even possible with this game engine.)

Consider that the town map may simply be too large. It might be a greatly improved experience if only the buildings that you can enter remain and all others are removed. Or at least the decorative buildings moved to periphery only.

Making an enjoyable open world experience is a very hard and time consuming task. Scope creep is a common killer of games on this forum. I strongly urge you to make a long term plan for how you are going to manage your time to be able to actually produce something complete, not an overly ambitious abandoned project. Figure out what matters most and focus on it.

Open world especially depends on QoL improvements. Personally I didn't even reach any of the lewd content, the game is just too infuriating, everything takes too long.
I’ll keep this in mind. The game is in its early stages and I am using this time to see what works vs what doesn’t. There’s more features in the works for the open world. I hope you keep this game in mind in the future, but if not. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Reactions: Maericke
Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been working on adding gamepad compatibility to the game and hope it will be available in the near future. I will also look into adding some accessibility features (I.e using the right mouse button to control the character). Before today I had never had anyone bring annoyances with NPCs to my attention but it seems to be a common complaint so I will look into patching their pathfinding to avoid the player. If it helps at all, once you upgrade your strength you can unlock the ability to sprint where you can just push NPCs to the ground and run straight over them.

finally, you unlock lockpicks as you advance through Jades storyline (she works at Quick-Store.)
You're welcome! I'm totally fine just using the mouse but adding gamepad is good too and I appreciate you looking into adding some accessibility features. Yeah I unlocked sprint and I found it hilarious knocking them down I like that, you should keep that. Lol. I don't know if you can do this add an option where you can strip off a piece of a girl's clothing even their underwear one layer at a time instead of having them already all off and nude when you click on the nude option and I like the prisoner option. I like taking girls clothes off and I feel many games don't give me that option but already shows them nude. Oh that explains why I couldn't see lockpicks at the Quick-Store.

Last edited:

ChrisYs10

Dec 24, 2020
I'll be real with you now, but for a game like this which is very time consuming for the player you really have to keep the walkthrough behind a paywall? I mean all of the missions of this game or quests for characters are just a pain in the ass to get, for example the goth girl mission to get her items back scattered through the city, you should really like leave the walkthrough outside of patreon and put other interesting things there (e.g. next character polls or videos of the art making, this could intrigue some ppl).
1 important update tho IMO. with the state of the game now, you really have to introduce a debug button, in less than an hour of playtime I got stuck permanently 3 times already, so you have to do smthing about it, not wanting to alt+f4 everytime that happens, losing progress and all that...

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
I became invisible in the GYM. Its unplayable like that.

I didnt use any cheats. Started excercising in a minigame, where I have to press AD for HUNDREDS OF TIMES it was literally painful and not safe for my keyboard. So I closed the "minigame" at stage 3/10 with a close button. When GYM room appeared, my character was missing. I can hear footsteps, but I cant see myself walking on the screen. Its impossible to get out of the building in this state.

A small tip for future releases: early-access game should have as minimal grind as possible.

You wish players to test all game mechanics and report bugs. Its way better when all content is easily accessible through gameplay, not through cheats. Because you are looking for feedback about gameplay, not about skipping it.

Last edited:

SoulTron

Aug 23, 2022
During Perry's questline, there is a point where you drive back with Jade and Perry after a bar fight. The game gets soft-locked into a green screen, which looks like grass. There is no way to move and no way to progress. Unless I am missing something, this essentially locks her out for the rest of the game, at least for me. This happens regardless of the two choices that get selected. Would recommend the dev takes a look

troublex2

Jul 31, 2018
I bought the new house and fully upgraded the bedroom and then slept after i left the house and returned the bedroom was back to the lowest quality room and has not changed back and when I go to the store to re upgrade it the bedroom is sold out.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
FunCream Megacorp always fails no matter what, I even did the job with a calculator to double check my math and no matter what it fails.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote