VN Ren'Py Abandoned Phantom in Middleton Park [Demo] [Shiza]

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Larry addition is good, because I like the ability to insert myself, but otherwise there's not much to demonstrate of a game at the moment. -Morah

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Would have preferred if we were Ron instead of a new character but am interested in seeing how it turns out.
The developer probably wanted to have a slightly larger roster of characters to interact with. But I agree. -Morah

Foxial Kidsia

Sep 29, 2017
Would have preferred if we were Ron instead of a new character but am interested in seeing how it turns out.
The developer probably wanted to have a slightly larger roster of characters to interact with. But I agree. -Morah
Not trying to be mean or anything, so if it comes across like that I apologize to you in advance. I genuinely want to know if you know Larry isn't a new character? Kim's cousin Larry actually shows up in the show.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Not trying to be mean or anything, so if it comes across like that I apologize to you in advance. I genuinely want to know if you know Larry isn't a new character? Kim's cousin Larry actually shows up in the show.
Kim Possible was one of those shows that I only watched periodically as a kid, but felt gay because it was girl's show, ya know? That was my opinion as a kid though, I was a little too sensitive to that sorta thing lol. No, I didn't know that based off my limited knowledge of the show's outlying characters, I just assumed it was some made up thing, considering we don't have a Larry model in the game. Honestly, I'd rather it have been some made up thing, having looked up what Larry looks like XD -Morah

Foxial Kidsia

Sep 29, 2017
Kim Possible was one of those shows that I only watched periodically as a kid, but felt gay because it was girl's show, ya know? That was my opinion as a kid though, I was a little too sensitive to that sorta thing lol. No, I didn't know that based off my limited knowledge of the show's outlying characters, I just assumed it was some made up thing, considering we don't have a Larry model in the game. Honestly, I'd rather it have been some made up thing, having looked up what Larry looks like XD -Morah
Ya, but think how fun it's going to be to actually get this loser laid.

This is Larry, it's so much worse then you think, but at the same time, the challenge to get him laid is going to be a lot more fun and satisfying. Lol.

Reactions: mesoru

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
This is Larry, it's so much worse then you think, but at the same time, the challenge to get him laid is going to be a lot more fun and satisfying. Lol.
Nah, I find the fun in being average to good looking guys who are still unpopular for all standards. I think the MC in Summertime Saga is like the primo perfect protagonist. He's what I think of when I read the term "MC". Thanks for the info though!! :) -Morah

Reactions: Kalrotix

Foxial Kidsia

Sep 29, 2017
Nah, I find the fun in being average to good looking guys who are still unpopular for all standards. I think the MC in Summertime Saga is like the primo perfect protagonist. He's what I think of when I read the term "MC". Thanks for the info though!! :) -Morah
To each their own, I've played through most of Summertime Saga but it kinda got boring after awhile because of the constant New update restart game, new update restart game, new update restart game. It's annoying to be honest. Still I did like the design, but those cheek lines in their faces were UUUUUGGGLLLYYYY. The characters would probably look better without them.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Still I did like the design, but those cheek lines in their faces were UUUUUGGGLLLYYYY. The characters would probably look better without them.
You'd be happy to know they're actually redesigning a lot of the models to correct that issue, actually.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Oh god, that's our MC? Why make us that when we could of just been any other random person, I would have much rather been a character we named ourselves.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Foxial Kidsia

Sep 29, 2017
Oh god, that's our MC? Why make us that when we could of just been any other random person, I would have much rather been a character we named ourselves.
That would be fun, I agree, but at the same time, I think it'll be fun to try to play through the game as Larry.

shiza

Mar 6, 2017
So this is where all the recent surplus of patrons are coming from. Good to know. So just a few points to make

About the prodution
  • Gagala is going to be a full time artist for the project when it comes to sprites and CG's.
  • Welp is the artist that did the backgrounds.
  • The game hasn't released .1 yet the intros were a celebration of sorts about completing a character's sprites. I did it for Kim and Ron. I also did it as a way to experiment and gain feedback as well as to setup the story of the main project.
  • The production speed on this project is slow but we are doing a lot of work to ensure a a more stable development speed in the future. The goal is to have a lot of re-usable assets so that we can focus on creating CG's instead of sprites.
The project
  • The player will be about a male OC who is attending college at Middleton University where he is assigned to be Ron's roommate. Because of it MC gets involved with Kim's and Ron's hero life.
  • There isn't any plan on shifting POV to others but if there was it would be to show another aspect of the MC's story line.
  • The project is a Visual Novel and will have story line that the player can chose based on dialogue options. possible mini games but for now it's pure story driven.
  • The closest thing to a game mechanic we have planned is the exam mechanic. You're still in college and need to pass your exams. whether you chose to find time to study in your day to day life or you find other alternative routes. You fail a class than you get kicked out of college. Game Over.
  • For now the main love interests will be Kim, Bonnie, Shego and Sam (Danny Phantom). Future plans to have others is on the table but the main four will have priority. Players will have the opportunity to be in relationship with them and get to know them more intimately than the show did.
  • The ghost girls will be treated more like sexual escapades than actual relationships.
  • The story will be done in a ghost of the week fashion with an over-arching plot about how the ghost got into Kim's universe. 1 week in game ~ 1 complete adventure with a ghost.
  • The sexual content for this project will be a bit more diverse than most. My plan is to introduce some kinks that aren't really well know to others into the project. I have quite a bit of experience with BDSM/Kink so I'll try to make it as authentic as possible.
Anyways feel free to ask questions about the project. I hope you guys are excited about this project as we are making this passion project of ours.

Foxial Kidsia

Sep 29, 2017
You'd be happy to know they're actually redesigning a lot of the models to correct that issue, actually.
Good to know, now if only they could fix the issue of sorry can't use your old save even though you've gotten so far into the game guess you have to start over again Bullshit.

Foxial Kidsia

Sep 29, 2017
Heh, i also find interesting the decision for the protag.
I mean, the average looking kid getting laid is the rule, not the exception (and a pretty boring one for people who don't self insert). About Ron, he eventually becomes Kim's boyfriend in the series, how ultra boring would be playing as such guy, it's pure vanillashit right here. :noexpression:
Now, a gross looking geek who isn't her attraction niche? there's contrast and challenge there, i get behind that XD. Not to mention he is her cousin, so there's more kink development to work at. :FeelsGoodMan:
Btw, game's been in dev hell for quite some time already, and i don't think the protag is so bad to the point it needs to be changed, consequently extending the development time even more till we see some action. :pokerFace:
My thoughts exactly, I'm all for playing a Larry it's more of a challenge like that and more satisfying when you finally get him laid too.

Foxial Kidsia

Sep 29, 2017
So this is where all the recent surplus of patrons are coming from. Good to know. So just a few points to make

About the prodution
  • Gagala is going to be a full time artist for the project when it comes to sprites and CG's.
  • Welp is the artist that did the backgrounds.
  • The game hasn't released .1 yet the intros were a celebration of sorts about completing a character's sprites. I did it for Kim and Ron. I also did it as a way to experiment and gain feedback as well as to setup the story of the main project.
  • The production speed on this project is slow but we are doing a lot of work to ensure a a more stable development speed in the future. The goal is to have a lot of re-usable assets so that we can focus on creating CG's instead of sprites.
The project
  • The player will be about a male OC who is attending college at Middleton University where he is assigned to be Ron's roommate. Because of it MC gets involved with Kim's and Ron's hero life.
  • There isn't any plan on shifting POV to others but if there was it would be to show another aspect of the MC's story line.
  • The project is a Visual Novel and will have story line that the player can chose based on dialogue options. possible mini games but for now it's pure story driven.
  • The closest thing to a game mechanic we have planned is the exam mechanic. You're still in college and need to pass your exams. whether you chose to find time to study in your day to day life or you find other alternative routes. You fail a class than you get kicked out of college. Game Over.
  • For now the main love interests will be Kim, Bonnie, Shego and Sam (Danny Phantom). Future plans to have others is on the table but the main four will have priority. Players will have the opportunity to be in relationship with them and get to know them more intimately than the show did.
  • The ghost girls will be treated more like sexual escapades than actual relationships.
  • The story will be done in a ghost of the week fashion with an over-arching plot about how the ghost got into Kim's universe. 1 week in game ~ 1 complete adventure with a ghost.
  • The sexual content for this project will be a bit more diverse than most. My plan is to introduce some kinks that aren't really well know to others into the project. I have quite a bit of experience with BDSM/Kink so I'll try to make it as authentic as possible.
Anyways feel free to ask questions about the project. I hope you guys are excited about this project as we are making this passion project of ours.

I actually like the idea of being Cousin Larry instead of an OC.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Good to know, now if only they could fix the issue of sorry can't use your old save even though you've gotten so far into the game guess you have to start over again Bullshit.
That can be a problem when your game is, for the most part, pretty open ended on what direction or place you decide to start at. This is also why the game I work for releases their sections in "Episodes" per release. You can start fresh from the beginning or skip ahead to the new stuff. -Morah