Others Completed Pigman Conquest [v1.0.0] [Hentai Knight]

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
to dev if they read here, what are you coding this in ?
Hello there! I coded this in pure Rust programming language and the Crossterm crate for terminal manipulation. The graphical version of this will be made in a different way.

What? You didn't know there would be a graphical version? You should or to know all about that stuff!

Reactions: Tebix and sarin555

technomage

Sep 19, 2018
Hello there! I coded this in pure Rust programming language and the Crossterm crate for terminal manipulation. The graphical version of this will be made in a different way.

What? You didn't know there would be a graphical version? You should or to know all about that stuff!
Next, really confuse them and make a modern day version of L.O.R.D. (kudos to those that get this) All worship Violet!

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Those . and # give me flashbacks to the Advent of Code.

y.king

Jul 17, 2022
Ever since running into nymphs in nethack I've been imagining how something like the might work out.
Well done!
And fuck the graphical version! :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hentai_Kishi

jardin295312

Aug 16, 2019
This game is very basic but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the smut roguelike idea. Too many games are brainless image galleries or wall-of-text generators. The people long for rich interactivity with a fuller world simulation to engage their fantasies more convincingly, not just detached clicking to advance insubstantial scenes.

But dev, for whatever reason the intro and ending text is shown in a very narrow window 17 characters wide, so it's very hard to read. Also, the screen visibly stutters on my bad laptop because you redraw the whole screen every turn. I know you are porting to some graphics setup, but if you decide to stay in the terminal for whatever reason you should look into a curses library for better performance and capabilities.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hentai_Kishi

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
This game is very basic but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the smut roguelike idea. Too many games are brainless image galleries or wall-of-text generators. The people long for rich interactivity with a fuller world simulation to engage their fantasies more convincingly, not just detached clicking to advance insubstantial scenes.

But dev, for whatever reason the intro and ending text is shown in a very narrow window 17 characters wide, so it's very hard to read. Also, the screen visibly stutters on my bad laptop because you redraw the whole screen every turn. I know you are porting to some graphics setup, but if you decide to stay in the terminal for whatever reason you should look into a curses library for better performance and capabilities.
First of all, thank you for playing my game and taking your time to comment on this thread. To be honest with you I was planning on putting a fixed screen width and height to make the game have a certain aesthetic but now that you talked about this I think I can certainly make the line length bigger in a prettier way.

As for the screen flickering you are right, the screen draws itself every turn but I was looking into changing this and having just the line redraw itself so it doesn't cause too much flickering anymore. Check out this thread and the blog for new updates and fixes!