Ren'Py - Pill King [v0.25 Remaster] [Effx Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

pachinko jones

For a 0.1 release this is pretty impressive. The framework for a good game down the line is clearly in place, and the renders are pretty decent. But what really kept me interested was the story framework. This may be one of the best narrative hooks I've seen that justify why these sandbox games play the way they do.

By the end of 0.1, you have an in-universe explanation of why you're so horny, why doing the horny things you'll be doing are a good thing, and why you spend so much time in one house, only meeting new women slowly over time.

The current scenes are not that great and they're all dream sequences which I really don't care for, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until 0.2 or 0.3, at which point I think I'll do a new review.

Okay since each update is 0.01 increments, 0.16 is close enough, time for the re-review. It's not great. The characters look totally different, which was the main draw initially. Having nothing to do besides specific objectives at specific times hasn't gotten any better with the addition of new content, you basically need to open the in-game guide to progress. And it seems both inaccurate and out of order. The music is ridiculous at times, that creepy jack-in-the-box song is so over the top it's unbearable. And the dialogue is really lacking, no character has any depth or... character.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

hyperjack38

The story is okay but kinda generic, could go either way in the future, maybe a superhit or a shit stain. The renders are good but the AI heads look very bad and weird, the concept is nice but it still needs a ton of work to look decent, normal daz faces would look better imo... also the animations are not good, would recommend straight up removing them until they get better... however the dialogue and the English is the real kicker... the dialogue is extremely bad, the dev needs to hire a writer/proofreader or something...