[R>Artist 2D] [R> Other] [R>Writer] Share Pixel Art and 2d Illustrators Needed for Adult Strategy Sim

JTcom

May 4, 2020
Project:

Developer:

TBA

Looking for:

1x Pixel Artists
1x Jr.Designer

Employment Type:

Contractual, Revenue-share based.

Work commitment:

Modest.

Preferred method of contact:

I can be contacted fastest via Discord at doop#3388. This is also the main mode of communication for the team.

Job Description:

- 2D Illustrators
- Pixel artists will work closely with the design and software team to produce additional content for release.

Additional comments:

I am an adult game developer looking to finish up a business management sim I have been developing on and off for about . The project had been delayed two years ago after my lead artist burnt out (and so did I) just prior to a release on Steam. I am once again ramping up efforts to patch the game but can't afford to pay anyone until after. So here I am!

We are currently finishing up some character design and replacing some music and need to add similar polish to other artwork and existing design specs. Development is expected to last one month if I can assemble the team I need by the end October. So if you are looking for an established project feel free to reach out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nilx_games

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
It sounds like you need a complete team that won't be getting paid until they build your product for you.

Have I misunderstood this?

JTcom

May 4, 2020
It sounds like you need a complete team that won't be getting paid until they build your product for you.

Have I misunderstood this?
Yes, although I did make an edit to to clarify some things. This project has been in development for over 6 years under multiple developers. Up until this point, all work done on it was under paid contracts. Development funds dried up two years ago once development stagnated. So what we are trying to do is kickstart that process again starting with a month of work on what will result in a patch that will be submitted to Steam.

In addition, the positions above are complementary to an existing team (of 5). The Jr.Designer would be working with the lead for example. Sorry if I didn't make this clear!

Duckpastry

May 31, 2018
Dude, the only way you'll ever get developers to work for you for free is if you have the best pitch ever, as they'll have to be motivated by the sheer premise of the game itself rather than money to work on the project. I read your post, and i have no idea what you are making. None at all.

If the game has been in development for 6(!!!!) years, you really should have been able to cobble a vertical slice together to show people what the game is all about. At the very VERY least you need to actually explain the game and show some art.

Good luck.

Reactions: JTcom

JTcom

May 4, 2020
Dude, the only way you'll ever get developers to work for you for free is if you have the best pitch ever, as they'll have to be motivated by the sheer premise of the game itself rather than money to work on the project. I read your post, and i have no idea what you are making. None at all.

If the game has been in development for 6(!!!!) years, you really should have been able to cobble a vertical slice together to show people what the game is all about. At the very VERY least you need to actually explain the game and show some art.

Good luck.
Thanks for the feedback. Well what I'm looking for is support staff. The game engine was developed by myself with initial design help from my cofounders to get everything to where it is today. There's already a Steam page, we have a fanbase, Discord, a very working game, youtube, teaser trailer, past revenue etc. I should be able to post links now that I have three posts.

Top post edited for clarity.

Last edited:

JTcom

May 4, 2020
Friendly bump to say that I am still looking to fill these spots.

You can also play the most recent build of the game .